Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by queen-bee)
    Get a priests cleanse your house if you're a Christian
    We did that after I was baptised lmao.

But I regularly get blessed by our priest (some Bulgarian guy, he puts ash on my forehead...:dontknow: )

I thought the evil eye was an Eastern European until now though. This is shocking

(Original post by z33)
    We chuck water after someone leaves for a trip I guess so they come back safely?
    we break eggs on new cars... idk why

kinda similar :lol:
    We give honey to guests to eat, ensuring the stay is "sweet"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animeamanda1412)
    evil eye does exist, but those beads and all the other stuff dont prevent it
    reading ayat-ul-kursy and reading your athkar, making duaa and stuff are what actually prevent evil eye
    other stuff regarding beads, khumsa
    Attachment 535477
    etc are bid3a
    Agreed.
    Wearing those beads as a means of protection is haram.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Agreed.
    indeed it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)

But I regularly get blessed by our priest (some Bulgarian guy, he puts ash on my forehead...:dontknow: )

I thought the evil eye was an Eastern European until now though. This is shocking
    It all started in turkey and spread out to Greece and other medittaranean countries and the Middle East. I didn't realise Eastern Europeans also believed in it

ReputationRep:
    I'm Mediterranean and evil eye isn't believed at all really by the people of my country of origin. I don't believe in it at all either, it's just pure superstition as far as I'm concerned.

ReputationRep:

When I get back home I'm going to get a priest to cleanse the house. I haven't been living there for a while and just want to be on the safe side and ward off any negativity

ReputationRep:
    I believe.

It's a cracking bar in York.

ReputationRep:
    We give honey to guests to eat, ensuring the stay is "sweet"
    we give dates for that purpose :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I'm Mediterranean and evil eye isn't believed at all really by the people of my country of origin. I don't believe in it at all either, it's just pure super soon as far as I'm concerned.
    Really? Perhaps it differs then according to countries. There are some parts of Italy that believe in it but not the country as a whole

ReputationRep:
    My family believe in it, but don't display charms around the house or anything like that. My grandma is crazy when it comes to stuff like that though-probably because of an experience her daughter(my aunt) had.

ReputationRep:

Is this just a crazy thing that's part of our culture or does the evil eye actually exist??
    It's just a trick to sell more necklaces. The salesman got you. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    It's just a trick to sell more necklaces. The salesman got you. :rolleyes:
    Oh man,he got me so baaaad :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Agreed.
    Wait so how would you prevent the evil eye from happening?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGGUS)
    what religion was your grandmother? and what religion are you?
    My grandmother and me are both Hindus. She's way more superstitious than I am though. She gave me a necklace to wear for nazar and I ended up losing it. I wasn't too bothered because I don't believe in it

ReputationRep:
    i have a big-ass blue glass amulet in my bedroom which keeps an eye on things :teehee:

When I get back home I'm going to get a priest to cleanse the house. I haven't been living there for a while and just want to be on the safe side and ward off any negativity
    Go for it!

And I suppose Bulgaria borders Greece which might be why some people believe in evil eye

ReputationRep:
    I believe in it. But I don't wear anything around my neck or recite something before entering a room

ReputationRep:
    The best way to look at it is as a metaphor. It instills the value of humility and tempers peoples inclination to boast by making them fear the consequences, all in all a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherx)
    Wait so how would you prevent the evil eye from happening?
    From doing the things animeamanda1412 listed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.