The Student Room Group

24th May 2016, Physical Education AQA AS Level exam.

Scroll to see replies

literally loved that exam just means that the grade boundaries may be high because we all liked it. Plus the mark scheme will be harsh I think good luck to everyone :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by Khadijahhs
But I thought that was one of the reasons why BMI is a weakness.. because it is invalid as it doesn't account for large muscle mass or a large physique/frame. If you type "what is BMI" in google, most search results will say "BMI is a measure of body fat"

But as defined in the AQA book " it is a height to weight ratio" leaning towards body composition as oppose to body fat. Although there is a strong correlation between a high BMI and a high level of fat this is not always the case/ accurate so it is a test for body composition
Original post by SWFCSam
But as defined in the AQA book " it is a height to weight ratio" leaning towards body composition as oppose to body fat. Although there is a strong correlation between a high BMI and a high level of fat this is not always the case/ accurate so it is a test for body composition

oh god there goes another mark lmao >.<
For the Schmidt schemas section was it recall schema or recognition schema?
Reply 44
Original post by Khadijahhs
oh god there goes another mark lmao >.<

Still 83 other marks :biggrin:
it was recall. what does each component of recall do?
Reply 46
Original post by andymharrison_

Recall - Initiates movement
Composed of initial conditions and response specification

Initial conditions - "Where am i ?" Whats the environment

Response specification- "What do i have to do?" Goals and expectations
Original post by andymharrison_

initial conditions which is information about the environment and stuff, and then response identification which is information about the task and what has to be done (I think)
I wrote about recognition, recall is Knowledge of initial conditions and response specifications 😂
Reply 49
What do you think the marking points on extrinsic feedback on q7?
These are answers i put doesnt mean im correct also couldnt be bothered writing the question you should be able to guess from the answers and the order is pretty messed up
Section 1 phys
1) BMI- Body composition but google says body fat :/
Health complete state of physical social and mental well being
Fitness ability to meet demand of your environment on a day to day basis
2) Smoking - leads to lung cancer ect
lack of exercise causes overweight ect
3) Cappillary one cell thick = short diffusion pathway
Large surface area= increase time for diffusion to occure
small diameter= red blood cells in contact with walls so short Diffusion pathway
4)Describe diffusion of oxygen and co2 , use results explain diffusion down a conc gradient etc
redistribution of blood = co2 detected by chemorecptors impulse sent to medulla vasomotor center increase in sympathetic nervous system ect vaso dilation and vaso constriction
Press up = triceps eccentric and flexion
Section 2
Skill continuum- Self paced , discrete , gross
gross because uses large muscle group

Question about STSS and tennis
Stss encodes using 5 senses in tenis use touch to gain feel for racket
visual see where oponent is
Selective attention occurs filter out irrelevant focus on relevant improves decision making time

Explain choice and simple reaction plus which is used in tennis - Choice is when theres more than one stimuli so more than one response
Simple = 1,1
Use choice in tennis as theres number of different shots opponent can do so different choices
What causes a learning platea - Bad coach , injury , lack of motivation, reached maximum ability , boring session
Improve platea , better coach extrinsic reward , enjoyable session , rest of injured etc
recall schems - occurs before movement it intiates it
Knowledge of initial condition - where am i
response specification what do i have to do
more or less the same answers i put, so hopefully they're all right aha.
Im hoping for low grade boundaries my practical scores werent particularly high :redface:
what did everyone put for the question about moving and growing ?
Reply 54
Original post by bigmeatballlover
what did everyone put for the question about moving and growing ?

i said things like:
Child Focused
Recognition of age group
Better Equipment/rebuilding of facilities
Problem Solving/discovery style
decentralised
Increase Health & Fitness through movement
Fun Element/ Enjoyable
Varied activities such as dance and gymnastics
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by Junior567
These are answers i put doesnt mean im correct also couldnt be bothered writing the question you should be able to guess from the answers and the order is pretty messed up
Section 1 phys
1) BMI- Body composition but google says body fat :/
Health complete state of physical social and mental well being
Fitness ability to meet demand of your environment on a day to day basis
2) Smoking - leads to lung cancer ect
lack of exercise causes overweight ect
3) Cappillary one cell thick = short diffusion pathway
Large surface area= increase time for diffusion to occure
small diameter= red blood cells in contact with walls so short Diffusion pathway
4)Describe diffusion of oxygen and co2 , use results explain diffusion down a conc gradient etc
redistribution of blood = co2 detected by chemorecptors impulse sent to medulla vasomotor center increase in sympathetic nervous system ect vaso dilation and vaso constriction
Press up = triceps eccentric and flexion
Section 2
Skill continuum- Self paced , discrete , gross
gross because uses large muscle group

Question about STSS and tennis
Stss encodes using 5 senses in tenis use touch to gain feel for racket
visual see where oponent is
Selective attention occurs filter out irrelevant focus on relevant improves decision making time

Explain choice and simple reaction plus which is used in tennis - Choice is when theres more than one stimuli so more than one response
Simple = 1,1
Use choice in tennis as theres number of different shots opponent can do so different choices
What causes a learning platea - Bad coach , injury , lack of motivation, reached maximum ability , boring session
Improve platea , better coach extrinsic reward , enjoyable session , rest of injured etc
recall schems - occurs before movement it intiates it
Knowledge of initial condition - where am i
response specification what do i have to do

Agree with everything but you mention chemo-receptors and the impulse sent to the medulla , surely thats control of the heart rate as oppose to redistribution of blood which would be what you've mentioned and others eg skeletal pump , respiratory pump , valves ?
Original post by SWFCSam
Agree with everything but you mention chemo-receptors and the impulse sent to the medulla , surely thats control of the heart rate as oppose to redistribution of blood which would be what you've mentioned and others eg skeletal pump , respiratory pump , valves ?

No the skeletal pump respiratory pump cardiac pump one way valves are all venous return mechanism regardless of what its controlling its always sent to medulla but the centre is different eg heart rate is cardiac centre redistribution of blood is vasomotor center breathing inspiratory centre .... anyway i could be wrong
Original post by SWFCSam
Apart from the plane and axis question i thought last years was alright and had unusually low grade boundaries

61 was an A which was unusually high
Reply 58
Original post by Junior567
No the skeletal pump respiratory pump cardiac pump one way valves are all venous return mechanism regardless of what its controlling its always sent to medulla but the centre is different eg heart rate is cardiac centre redistribution of blood is vasomotor center breathing inspiratory centre .... anyway i could be wrong

Thought venous return mechanisms was redistribution of blood , id say its definetely vasodilation and vasoconstriction but apart from that im unsure
Original post by SWFCSam
Thought venous return mechanisms was redistribution of blood , id say its definetely vasodilation and vasoconstriction but apart from that im unsure

yh i put vasodilation and constriction you needed to explain how that occurs so all that impulse ect.
venous return mechanism is how blood returns to the heart

Quick Reply

Latest