Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A sixth former having a crush on a 14 year old boy is the strangest thing I've ever heard. Have you see 14 year old boys? wth...

but then I guess if that's what you're into then go for it?
    (Original post by GwynLordOfCinder)
    Apart from the statutory rape
    A 14 year old boy is not gonna complain if he gets it on consensually with a 16 year old girl really, is he?

So long as both parties kept it quiet theoretically it'd be chill.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 16 and a half, and have moved from my old school for 6th form. My old school was very small, everybody knows everybody. There's this one boy in year 9, age 14 who I'm friends with. We have been teased for the past few years (especially when we go to sailing club) about being together, but everyone knows it's just a joke. I liked someone else at the time anyway. But since spending so much time away from him, I've realised that we get on quite well, he always makes me laugh and we will give each other friendly hugs and stuff. In the future I see him being an amazing husband and father to someone. I LOVE him, and have a massive crush. I've recently been dreaming about kissing him, and being held in his arms, and it was the best dream I've had for ages!Next time I see him, in the school holidays, I want to let him know subtly that I like him more than just a friend. How can I do this?? I don't want to scare him, and don't know if he feels the same way, I think he may have done once but we don't get to see much of each other anymore. I don't know if a relationship at this time would be convenient, it would be his call. But I just need him to know what how much he means to me!!Also, do you think the age gap is too big/just weird and unnatural??Any opinions and advice is welcome!!Thanks xx
    The all-important half :lol:

I can't say what'll be likely to happen if you say anything, it depends on what kind of person he is. But anything worth feeling is worth saying, and I'd say it - admitting you've got feelings for someone isn't the same as saying you want to sleep with them (to those who just cite the age of consent), even if one feeling leads to the other.

As far as the age gap itself is concerned, I wouldn't let it bother me. Two years gets to be a smaller gap as you get older, and it sounds like your feelings are deep enough to last long enough for the gap to become less of a thing.

For the record, it seems like he's pretty lucky - you sound like a nice person with real feelings, and when I was fourteen I would have loved for an older girl to have (and tell me about) feelings like that. Then again I was a lonely child :getmecoat:

Anyway, telling him how much he means to you needn't be a Big Thing unless you make it one. Just be subtle and real - and most importantly, be yourself. Go in with no expectations, you might be surprised what happens - I once told a lesbian friend I had feelings for her just because I didn't want to be keeping it from her. We've been together for over two years now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    A sixth former having a crush on a 14 year old boy is the strangest thing I've ever heard. Have you see 14 year old boys? wth...

but then I guess if that's what you're into then go for it?

A 14 year old boy is not gonna complain if he gets it on consensually with a 16 year old girl really, is he?

So long as both parties kept it quiet theoretically it'd be chill.
    His parents might. I remember in my college news of that type of relationship traveled fast. Teachers may be a little concerned too if thry found out. Does he have siblings? What if they snitched?
    Lots of ways people could find out without them actually announcing it to the world

His parents might. I remember in my college news of that type of relationship traveled fast. Teachers may be a little concerned too if thry found out. Does he have siblings? What if they snitched?
    Lots of ways people could find out without them actually announcing it to the world
    Tbh, I'm not sure that would be too much of a problem, as there have always been rumours/jokes going round about us. His mum likes me, and always says hello when I pass her in the street. Cos the town I live in is very small, everyone knows everyone. And yeah, he does have a little brother, but I don't think he would be too much trouble.

(Original post by Tootles)
    The all-important half :lol:

I can't say what'll be likely to happen if you say anything, it depends on what kind of person he is. But anything worth feeling is worth saying, and I'd say it - admitting you've got feelings for someone isn't the same as saying you want to sleep with them (to those who just cite the age of consent), even if one feeling leads to the other.

As far as the age gap itself is concerned, I wouldn't let it bother me. Two years gets to be a smaller gap as you get older, and it sounds like your feelings are deep enough to last long enough for the gap to become less of a thing.

For the record, it seems like he's pretty lucky - you sound like a nice person with real feelings, and when I was fourteen I would have loved for an older girl to have (and tell me about) feelings like that. Then again I was a lonely child :getmecoat:

Anyway, telling him how much he means to you needn't be a Big Thing unless you make it one. Just be subtle and real - and most importantly, be yourself. Go in with no expectations, you might be surprised what happens - I once told a lesbian friend I had feelings for her just because I didn't want to be keeping it from her. We've been together for over two years now.
    Thank you for being so understanding, it means a lot!

Thank you for being so understanding, it means a lot!
    You're welcome :hugs:

Do get in contact if you want to talk more - or to let me know what happens when/if you talk to him

I'm 16 and a half, and have moved from my old school for 6th form. My old school was very small, everybody knows everybody. There's this one boy in year 9, age 14 who I'm friends with. We have been teased for the past few years (especially when we go to sailing club) about being together, but everyone knows it's just a joke. I liked someone else at the time anyway. But since spending so much time away from him, I've realised that we get on quite well, he always makes me laugh and we will give each other friendly hugs and stuff. In the future I see him being an amazing husband and father to someone. I LOVE him, and have a massive crush. I've recently been dreaming about kissing him, and being held in his arms, and it was the best dream I've had for ages!Next time I see him, in the school holidays, I want to let him know subtly that I like him more than just a friend. How can I do this?? I don't want to scare him, and don't know if he feels the same way, I think he may have done once but we don't get to see much of each other anymore. I don't know if a relationship at this time would be convenient, it would be his call. But I just need him to know what how much he means to me!!Also, do you think the age gap is too big/just weird and unnatural??Any opinions and advice is welcome!!Thanks xx
    Age gap does not matter. Don't listen to some people on here. As long as both feel the same and if the you too are serious and mature thinking.

I know guys who are younger than me, who are way more mature than some I know that are older than me.

ReputationRep:
    Apart from the statutory rape

It is extremely unlikely even a 16 year old guy would get prosecuted for having sex with a 14 year old girl in this country if she was his gf. It's not in the crown prosecution services priorities to go after relationships such as this, nor is a conviction in the public's best interest. Even if reported by the girls mother no prosecution would likely occur at that age gap. I've seen loads of angry mother's on netmums complaining that their daughter is getting porked by some slightly older teen and the police not locking them up.

Op is a girl, so authorities tend to be even more lenient to them sleeping with underaged male's. The chances of her going to jail over this is like 1%

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.