Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you have to tell your partner your sexual history? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If he meant shady as in hookers then that's something else. I wouldn't be with a guy esp as young as this one (he's on TSR) paying for sex especially if it's regularly. If it's a habit it's one he might not be able to let go of in the relationship and tbh men who pay for sex make me sick and often have trash views towards women

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    I've never told because they've never asked. It's the best way imo.
    Aye

ReputationRep:
    If it's a woman then i would expect her to tell because if she has been promiscuous or cheated in the past it is likely she would carry on in the relationship. Men have it much harder in the sex department and so they shouldn't tell.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a subject I think you should bring up with a perspective partner unless they specifically ask you. (In which case, you should be completely open about it, if you're coy about the subject they're most likely to presume that you've slept with a lot of people which might not be the case).

I don't think you should have any obligation to have to tell your partner though. I've been with some people who didn't want to know, and accepted that the past is the past.

I tend not to ask because it just makes me jealous and I automatically dislike the people she's had sex with, as if they've done something really bad.

ReputationRep:
    If she asks then it's only right you tell. I had a guy ask me about my past and then refuse to tell me about his smh.

ReputationRep:
    I was dating a guy who is older than me, and i never asked him about his history. But after a few months i found out he was pretty promiscuous and it makes me feel uncomfortable knowing that his penis had been in dozens of places before it came near me. And even though i did love him and he was an amazing person, i didnt want to risk getting an STD or some sort of infection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJuniper)
    If he meant shady as in hookers then that's something else. I wouldn't be with a guy esp as young as this one (he's on TSR) paying for sex especially if it's regularly. If it's a habit it's one he might not be able to let go of in the relationship and tbh men who pay for sex make me sick and often have trash views towards women
    What if the guy hated that he did it and promised hinself that he'd never wanted to bang one again.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Giving a number is fine as is potentially talking about a sexual act performed (so long as you are willing to perform it again) however i'd never want to know which specific men my girl has slept with so keep it vague or don't ask.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's to be expected to give an order of magnitude. The precise details might escape you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    I think it's to be expected to give an order of magnitude. The precise details might escape you.
    I'm sorry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LimpBizkitFan;[url="tel:65014139")
    65014139[/url]]I'm sorry?
    No. of partners, 0-5, 5-10, >10 is sufficient info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    No. of partners, 0-5, 5-10, >10 is sufficient info.
    Do I tell her about them being hookers?

ReputationRep:
    I have nothing to tell ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LimpBizkitFan;[url="tel:65014431")
    65014431[/url]]Do I tell her about them being hookers?
    My ethical instinct says this is something that should be told. Not an attractive trait though. If she accepts it it will show your relationship has some foundation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    My ethical instinct says this is something that should be told. Not an attractive trait though. If she accepts it it will show your relationship has some foundation.
    Ok then, I'll say how I was ashamed and promised myself not to do another hooker.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by LimpBizkitFan)
    So I have a shady sexual history, just got into an arguement with someone on another forum that if you don't tell them all of your sexual history, you're a manipulative, selfish guy who can't get a girl without lying.

Dunno how true this is, I swear most people in couples don't tell all.
    I can't see why normal people would be interested, as long as you're clean, or even how it's any of their business, actually (as long as you're clean).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofi_hadid)
    I was dating a guy who is older than me, and i never asked him about his history. But after a few months i found out he was pretty promiscuous and it makes me feel uncomfortable knowing that his penis had been in dozens of places before it came near me. And even though i did love him and he was an amazing person, i didnt want to risk getting an STD or some sort of infection.
    You could've just asked him to get checked? and proceed accordingy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I ve always told all and don't see why you shouldn't really.
    I agree, unless there are things you wouldn't feel comfortable explaining due to traumatic purposes then I'd absolutely incline towards revealing ALL of my sexual history. It'd literally take hours and hours and hou...

Who am I kidding it'd literally consist of:

"So if we decide to have sex you'll be my first - that okay?"

It'd take less time than Conor's KO of Jose. Given that the girl would most likely refuse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ridingmyego)
    I agree, unless there are things you wouldn't feel comfortable explaining due to traumatic purposes then I'd absolutely incline towards revealing ALL of my sexual history. It'd literally take hours and hours and hou...

Who am I kidding it'd literally consist of:

"So if we decide to have sex you'll be my first - that okay?"

It'd take less time than Conor's KO of Jose. Given that the girl would most likely refuse
    Wait, why would she refuse.

yes it's important if you want to have sex without condoms then I want to know their sexual history so I know whether I'm putting myself at risk

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.