• Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Had my phone stolen in my 1st week of uni by a teenager by the uni library, they knocked me backwards and punch my nose so gave up the phone for my own safeties sake, didnt end up in hospital or anything so could have been worse.

ReputationRep:
    My mum's motorbike was stolen from the front garden years ago. A couple of weeks ago someone tried to break in through our back garden, even though they could see all of the lights were on downstairs, but when someone went to the kitchen window they ran. They did leave a garden fork in the back garden, neatly propped up against the fence, strangely enough. Left it outside in the alley but they haven't been back to get it haha.

ReputationRep:
    Twice. I remember it vividly, even now...

Bootham Crescent, 2013. Play off Semi-Final day.

Matt Green got sent off after a handball that WAS NOT HIS FAULT.

We lost the second leg because of that. Minstermen, I dare you to reveal yourselves to me in person because I will hunt you down and kill you.

The second time was worse:

The FA Cup, Field Mill this time, also 2013. I still have the programme. We were drawn against Liverpool, to say the atmosphere was electric would be an understatement - the line for tickets led us into the reception, through the changing rooms, out the tunnel, round the pitch, and back to the ticket office - nobody was missing this game.

We sat and watched as the likes of Jonjo Shelvey and Martin Skrtel cut our team to pieces, with one Daniel Sturridge scoring an absolute scorcher - his first competitive for Liverpool, one of many times he has 'ridden the wave' for club and country today - and prepared for damage limitation style defence. It did not come.

What we instead witnessed was a revitalised, powerful and THREATENING attacking display from Louis Briscoe and that man Matt Green causing the defence so many problems Rodgers had to bring out the big guns. The big, buck toothed, dirty, vile, cheating, evil, Uruguayan guns. That's when it happened.

The handball was evident, that goal should never have stood. But of course, it did. Did heads drop? I'll be honest - mine did.

One head that certainly didn't drop was MATT ****ING GREEN. He was the hero that day, scoring from the set piece like the ball had MAGNETS in it, a real display of skill as Daniel played the ball in and it was turned into the net. The scousers were worried now, you could see it, the nerves from Louis Suarez caused by an ex-postman, a fat man from Kettering and a big black slab of a man called Exodus. Mostly the latter.

But there wasn't enough time for any more. Louis Suarez will go down as one of the most hated men in Midlands football. And when I say go down, I meant six feet. His actions cost us an FA Cup replay we could've won, but more importantly fuelled my hatred and distrust for Scousers AND Latin Americans to this day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Nope

you are the dankest memester *___*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    hahahahahahahhhahahahahahhahahha

ReputationRep:
    Been mugged twice and burgled once.

ReputationRep:
    paying £22 for a bottle of Gordon's gin in co-op. They should be arrested for those prizes

ReputationRep:
    yh. burgled

other houses on our street had got burgled aswell
    loads of money and gold was taken doe.. :/
    but all the money n gold was in really hidden places in the house (yh no i aint gna tell where LOL)
    and they seemed to know where all the gold n money was hidden, its as though they were watching, bc they went through all those places

the burgly happened within 1 hr lmao, when we cme home, the house was a tip and the kitchen window was broken..

but yh, we called the police n stuff, took fingerprints n ****, but yh the burgler wasnt found..

ReputationRep:
    My best friend used to steal off me when I was a kid. Knew he was doing it and ended up setting "traps" which he totally fell for and we fell out over it.

TSR has robbed me of many precious hours of my life

ReputationRep:
    Thankfully, no

ReputationRep:
    i rob others

ReputationRep:
    No one's ever made a mug of me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687)
    yh. burgled

other houses on our street had got burgled aswell
    loads of money and gold was taken doe.. :/
    but all the money n gold was in really hidden places in the house (yh no i aint gna tell where LOL)
    and they seemed to know where all the gold n money was hidden, its as though they were watching, bc they went through all those places

the burgly happened within 1 hr lmao, when we cme home, the house was a tip and the kitchen window was broken..

but yh, we called the police n stuff, took fingerprints n ****, but yh the burgler wasnt found..
    Twas me. Surprise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Twas me. Surprise.
    oh.. ok hi! LOL

ReputationRep:
    oh.. ok hi! LOL
    I sold your gold for a pair of shoelaces and a used XBox 360.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    I sold your gold for a pair of shoelaces and a used XBox 360.
    its ok, we had home insurance so i got 2 new laptops and some ipods LOL

ReputationRep:
    I got lured into the wilderness once

ReputationRep:
    its ok, we had home insurance so i got 2 new laptops and some ipods LOL

Wicked, cheers for telling me, I'll pop round tarabit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    I was mugged in Paris. I had my phone in my back pocket, next time I checked, it was gone
    Pretty sure that's not being mugged, that's being pickpocketed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.