Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are A level students more mature than BTEC students? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Btec students and a level students in a sixth form are the same age and therefore levels of maturity in a class purely depends on the students present and the abilities of the teacher to control the class. Btecs are often more difficult than a levels due to the extreme workload tudents need to complete. A levels are assessed mostly by exam by most boards. However as the btec is more vocational it is done through vast amounts of coursework. Health and social care level 3 students typically have at least 1 coursework assignment a week,sometimes as many as 3. As of last year btecs now include both coursework and exams. This has made the qualification even tougher.

I do a BTEC and can't cope with the workload.

Some many assignments due in one week with hardly any teaching

I actually wish i opted for A levels, and get taught the content and sit exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    I do a BTEC and can't cope with the workload.

Some many assignments due in one week with hardly any teaching

I actually wish i opted for A levels, and get taught the content and sit exams.
    What btec are you studying?

(Original post by Powersymphonia)
    What btec are you studying?
    Health and social care level 3

Please PM me.

ReputationRep:
    This "A-Level vs BTEC" debate has to stop.

When you get to uni, all of that will not matter because the same BTEC and A-Level students that you have studied with in college will be in the same lecture and seminars at degree level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1463874681467.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  34.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    As someone who does both A-levels and BTECs... The workload for BTECs is no joke. I, like many people initially scoffed at BTECs and foolishly assumed that the workload was less than A-levels. WRONG. I would say it is probably on the same level. The things that distinguish the two is that one requires revision and examinations, and the other does not require either. They are both a pain in the arse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyshawte)
    This "A-Level vs BTEC" debate has to stop.

When you get to uni, all of that will not matter because the same BTEC and A-Level students that you have studied with in college will be in the same lecture and seminars at degree level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But us a level students are superior

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    But us a level students are superior
    With that kind of mentality, you're just a moron like every other a-level students who think they are "superior" by degrading others who took a different path in education.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    With that kind of mentality, you're just a moron like every other a-level students who think they are "superior" by degrading others who took a different path in education.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am better educated then the average btec student, so tell me, who is the moron in this equation?

😏

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    I am better educated then the average btec student, so tell me, who is the moron in this equation?

😏
    Sorry, I'm on a degree level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I'm on a degree level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The you should be on my me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.