Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zXcodeXz)
    Nice, I want to do biology chemistry physics maths and further maths, but instead I'm dropping biology and doing further maths instead
    That sounds good!! Have you talked to your teachers to find out what you learn on the A Level course tho (for example my friend wanted to take Physics A Level because she liked space but when talking to her teacher she found out there wasn't a lot to do with space and dropped it) xx
    Hope you manage to do all the ones you want xx
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by abc_123_)
    That sounds good!! Have you talked to your teachers to find out what you learn on the A Level course tho (for example my friend wanted to take Physics A Level because she liked space but when talking to her teacher she found out there wasn't a lot to do with space and dropped it) xx
    Yeah, I have a list of the topics that you will cover in AS and A2

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have a list of the topics that you will cover in AS and A2
    Okay well see which topics you don't like that you've studied for GCSE and that could help you make your descision if one subject has a lot that you didn't like on the spec xx
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    this is it below
    Attached Images

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Okay well see which topics you don't like that you've studied for GCSE and that could help you make your descision if one subject has a lot that you didn't like on the spec xx
    Yeah I like most of the things like mechanics further mechanics particle physics thermodynamics etc

ReputationRep:
    For next year I hope to do Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. The problem is I also want to do further maths and I don't really want to drop the other three what do I do?
    You could do Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths for the first year and gain an AS Level in Biology, then drop it and pick up Further Maths

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I like most of the things like mechanics further mechanics particle physics thermodynamics etc
    Then you should probably choose that if you're interested. If you have the spec for the other subjects you could compare what you don't like and make the right descision or just go on which grades you get.
    For example I can't do a subject I don't get an A or A* in for GCSE so if I don't get that I can't do the subject xx

ReputationRep:
    I also plan on taking Maths, FM, Physics and Chemistry. To help me a little I'm taking Additional Mathematics now at IGCSE level.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by d-_-b)
    I also plan on taking Maths, FM, Physics and Chemistry. To help me a little I'm taking Additional Mathematics now at IGCSE level.
    What's that?

ReputationRep:
    im doing maths, further maths, physics, economics, english literature (im in year 12)

definitely take further maths you won't get into a good uni without it

ReputationRep:
    What's that?
    Currently busy with Additional Mathematics at IGCSE, which covers some A-Level Maths which will give me a bit of a head start when I do commence with my A-Levels.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Rimi28)
    You could do Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths for the first year and gain an AS Level in Biology, then drop it and pick up Further Maths
    Oh ok.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by d-_-b)
    Currently busy with Additional Mathematics at IGCSE, which covers some A-Level Maths which will give me a bit of a head start when I do commence with my A-Levels.
    Oh nice
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by dnr_23)
    im doing maths, further maths, physics, economics, english literature (im in year 12)

definitely take further maths you won't get into a good uni without it
    Yeah I'm planning on to

ReputationRep:
    It does seem like you've decided to take Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry, which I can totally appreciate because that's what I do (I'm Year 12)
    I would just add that if you have an interest in biology there's nothing to stop you pursuing the parts you enjoy, in fact many people say that's the best way to appreciate science, as opposed to studying a fixed curriculum.
    Saying all this, Further Maths is easier to self teach than Biology, a friend of mine has done just that (I can't confirm that he's done it well, we'll have to see what grade he comes out with)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TillSoft)
    It does seem like you've decided to take Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry, which I can totally appreciate because that's what I do (I'm Year 12)
    I would just add that if you have an interest in biology there's nothing to stop you pursuing the parts you enjoy, in fact many people say that's the best way to appreciate science, as opposed to studying a fixed curriculum.
    Saying all this, Further Maths is easier to self teach than Biology, a friend of mine has done just that (I can't confirm that he's done it well, we'll have to see what grade he comes out with)
    which exam board are you for physics? how did u find the exam
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Oh ok, so you take FM Maths Chemistry and Physics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnr_23)
    which exam board are you for physics? how did u find the exam
    aqa... I didn't think it was awful, but it wasn't great. I was disappointed by how little there was on sub atomic particles and stuff

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok, so you take FM Maths Chemistry and Physics?
    Yep. MEI for FM and MAths, AQA for Physics and Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    aqa... I didn't think it was awful, but it wasn't great. I was disappointed by how little there was on sub atomic particles and stuff
    same aqa, i thought electricity was awful but the rest was average yeah. was very grateful for the photoelectricity and microwave questions but agree about subatomic particles!! where was the quark structure question?? :'( oh well at least it was better than the specimen papers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.