Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is 22 yo a late age to just START looking to get married ? ( Muslim) Watch

(Original post by VETwannabe)
    I'm originally Iraqi, you?

Btw I wanted to reply to the other post that you quoted me in as well...

[But I truly believe in action oriented behavior to reach my goals in life. I can't just pray and expect Allah to send me magically someone. It's the same as I can't just pray, don't study and expect Allah to grant me success in my exams. I need to work for it.]

Oh trust me, I'm all about the action too. I happen to disagree with mama's approach And having faith that Allah is going to sort you out doesn't mean you don't take action. We're pretty much on the same page with this. That's the issue I have with the whole idea of waiting. I'm like 'how's a guy supposed to find me if I don't go anywhere!' haha.

But one thing I wanted to correct you on, it's not an Islamic requirement to get married at around 25. I've no idea where you got that idea from. The wife of the prophet (SAW) khadijah was 40 when she married him! Not only that, but she was the one to propose. Habibti, you're putting these limitations on yourself that have no basis in Islam whatsoever <3 Islam was never about making life hard

Sorry I wanted to edit my question but it did not work, I asked you if you were married but you told you are looking forward to it. So I know the answer Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm Tunisian,
    I totally agree with you honestly not going to educate my children with these dumb ideas.

Yes also HE was the one younger. All the stereotypes killed in one story and how great story it was !

I put these limitations only because of my surrounding. How old are you you sound very mature ? Are you married yourself?
    Haha, nah, I'm only 23. I wish I was married, but not yet though (I've just started a really time-intensive course at uni and I have no time to be planning weddings or having kids unfortunately). Hmm...being Tunisian makes sense. Your culture does like young marriages don't they? I know a Moroccan girl who got married at 19 mashallah (she's 24 now though). And I have a couple of Libyan friends who are like 20 and 22 who's parents are also trying to get them married (looks like it's a North African thing).
    You know, all I can say is alhamdulillah that the people i'm surrounded by are open minded and not so culturally driven. That's probably why I come across as mature as well Me and my friends are too busy focussing on other aspects of our deen, rather than worrying too much about marriage. I could also sound mature because I used to read a lot of books though. It means I'm a good writer, when in real life, I don't sound anywhere near as smart as I do now (I'm not a good talker unfortunately ).

Oh and don't worry about me saying I'm not married in the other post. (I realised that I asked you if you were Muslim, and then saw that you said you were in your original post, haha).

ReputationRep:
    I'm 22 everyone around me are married. And I am not yet in a relationship. I don't know what to do
    help please
    it depends on you, if you were you want to study not married

I have a lot of friends they are 16 years old and they was married because they don'tt want to study

ReputationRep:
    TFW you're 25 and haven't even started looking for someone and you come across a thread asking whether 22 is too late :facepalm:

:lol:

(Original post by nucdev)
    TFW you're 25 and haven't even started looking for someone and you come across a thread asking whether 22 is too late :facepalm:

:lol:
    *patiently waits for a Bhabhi to arrive*

ReputationRep:
    *patiently waits for a Bhabhi to arrive*
    For "a bhabhi" or "THE bhabhi"?

:rofl:

(Original post by nucdev)
    For "a bhabhi" or "THE bhabhi"?

:rofl:
    *patiently waits for the Bhabhi to arrive*

Should I find one for you?

ReputationRep:
    *patiently waits for the Bhabhi to arrive*

Should I find one for you?
    No, because the original one will probably beat me to a pulp :teehee:

:toofunny:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.