Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aqa law unit 3/4 *official thread* Watch

• View Poll Results: What is your predicted grade for law?
    A*
    17.24%
    A
    32.76%
    B
    36.21%
    C
    5.17%
    D
    5.17%
    E
    1.72%
    U
    1.72%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrdinaryStudent)
    Yes, involuntary manslaughter is not part of murder. In order to prove invol manslaughter you go the 3 part test for either and or both unlawful act and gross negligence. A general defence may also apply
    Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering
    for gross negligence manslaughter do you prove

-duty of care
    -breach of duty
    -gross neligence
    -risk of death

for the actual breach do you talk about how the act has resulted in death through causation? as it has caused the death or do you talk about that with risk of death?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...3-QP-JAN13.PDF

Can you explain to me how you would answer the question question on first scenario, I've learned all the content but can't get my head round the scenarios.
    This without a doubt is a tricky question...

Basically:
    Alice - Beth = Assault 'narrowly missed Beth' - wouldn't be guilty of an offence on the basis she hasn't formed the AR of assault 'to cause v to apprehend immediate unlawful personal violence' so no offence would be committed against Beth.
    Alice- Chris = Transferred malice (do this when applying the MR) S.47 abh could be both an assault or battery but i'd argue an assault (it would be easier). Vs own act could also be made relevant.
    Alice-Dave = s.20 gbh/s.18 its likely to be s.18 on the basis she intended to throw the vase at Beth but it missed her. (Thin skull rule can also be took into acc as can age)
    Defences: Insanity and automatism.

REMEMBER TO DEFINE ABH AND GBH

Bit of a lengthy question for 25 marks ;/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    This without a doubt is a tricky question...

Basically:
    Alice - Beth = Assault 'narrowly missed Beth' - wouldn't be guilty of an offence on the basis she hasn't formed the AR of assault 'to cause v to apprehend immediate unlawful personal violence' so no offence would be committed against Beth.
    Alice- Chris = Transferred malice (do this when applying the MR) S.47 abh could be both an assault or battery but i'd argue an assault (it would be easier). Vs own act could also be made relevant.
    Alice-Dave = s.20 gbh/s.18 its likely to be s.18 on the basis she intended to throw the vase at Beth but it missed her. (Thin skull rule can also be took into acc as can age)
    Defences: Insanity and automatism.

REMEMBER TO DEFINE ABH AND GBH

Bit of a lengthy question for 25 marks ;/
    Thank you can you answer my above question.. I am so bloody nervous my spot in uni depends on this exam Oh god if i dont get in im just gona end up working at macys

ReputationRep:
    Thank you can you answer my above question.. I am so bloody nervous my spot in uni depends on this exam Oh god if i dont get in im just gona end up working at macys
    I haven't got time to answer it or I would what are you predicted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM)
    I haven't got time to answer it or I would what are you predicted?
    ABB Need to get a B in law, its only a small question just asking for gross neglience manslaughter if

-Duty of care
    -Breach of duty
    -Gross negligence
    -Risk of Death
    which one would yout alk about causation?

ReputationRep:
    ABB Need to get a B in law, its only a small question just asking for gross neglience manslaughter if

-Duty of care
    -Breach of duty
    -Gross negligence
    -Risk of Death
    which one would yout alk about causation?
    Check the other thread, I made a post on GNM structure. Also do yourself a favour and read examiner's reports. It's often the difference between a sound and a clear response.

ReputationRep:
    Are we all hoping for the non-fatal reform essay?

ReputationRep:
    I acc hope for defences
    (Original post by Valesker)
    Are we all hoping for the non-fatal reform essay?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got predictions for contract? Xxx

ReputationRep:
    What is the structure for answering a robbery scenario?

Confused as it doesn't have a proper actus Reus

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Do theft first.

Robbery AR:
    Force used (Dawson James, B&R, Clouden, Bentham)
    Immediately before or at time of theft (Hale)

MR:
    Force used in order to steal (Vinall, Lockley)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rkuni16)
    What is the structure for answering a robbery scenario?

Confused as it doesn't have a proper actus Reus

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.