The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
I have never done it-would love to but am sooooo scared in case my hair gets thicker...so I stick to wax...

Hey, Just wanted to say that the whole growing back thicker thing is a myth that will definitely not happen because when you shave you are cutting at the surface.... so basically if your hair is thick at the surface then it will carrying on growing like that. I will NOT get any thicker. As an Asian i was told it would grow back thicker too but after having tried it myself i realised that was not the case, I prefer it to waxing it does irritate my skin as much x
Original post by abc_123_
Shaving is so bad for you!! I only wax but I've never touched my face with wax (except eyebrows) if I want smooth makeup I use primer xx Shaving long term can make you more hairy and you go stubbly like men

That is actually not the case I have been shaving for a while now, It works amazingly, you just need the right tools and need to be careful you don't cut yourself. Its is not possible to become more hairy due to shaving for various reasons, you should read a bit about the benefits of shaving there are loads x
Original post by RedRosesBloom
Lol nope! I know some youtubers do this and recommend others to do so too! If you normally have light, fine facial hair then doing this is not a bad idea... however, if you have darker facial hair and it's not so fine, definitely don't do it! Unless you want to end up with a beard. Ok, I'm exaggerating slightly, but it will make your facial hair look darker and coarser and much more noticeable!

I have dark facial hair and i shave it works perfectly fine for me. The hairs are actually not more noticeable and it works the same way for me as my friends with light facial hair xx
Original post by Ayshakauser
That is actually not the case I have been shaving for a while now, It works amazingly, you just need the right tools and need to be careful you don't cut yourself. Its is not possible to become more hairy due to shaving for various reasons, you should read a bit about the benefits of shaving there are loads x

Okay thanks for that info I'll look into it :smile: x But I do like going to the beautician because it's fun :cute: xx
Original post by Ayshakauser
I have dark facial hair and i shave it works perfectly fine for me. The hairs are actually not more noticeable and it works the same way for me as my friends with light facial hair xx
May work for you, but it doesn't work for everyone.
OMG I shave too!! And no guys lol it does not grow back thicker or darker and I sure don't have stubble.
My skin feels so much smoother, and as OP said, it's so much easier to apply make-up as well :biggrin:

And c'mon Huda Beauty says so too... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md-2UEa99PY
Reply 46
The first time I kissed my girlfriend I noticed one reddish hair growing under her nose. I kissed her many times that night. I did not say anything about the hair because I really liked the girl.The next time I saw her the hair was still there.We kissed that night alot. I thought to myself she should see this one piece of hair and remove it.The third time I saw my girlfriend she still had the one piece of hair under her nose above her lips.I knew this girl would try to grow a female mustache and beard for me.She asked me what I wanted. I told her I wanted a ladies mustache and beard. She said sure, so I took her into the bathroom and filled up the sink with hot water.She took off her shirt. I got a razor and shaving cream. I then noticed a lot of peach fuzz blond hairs. I wet her female mustache, put shaving cream on her female mustache and shave off her female mustache. I then asked her if I could shave off her ladies peach fuzz beard, she said sure. So I lather up her face and started to shave off the peach fuzz.I then washed her face with moisturizing soap and then put moisturizing lotion on her face. This will help with the red-ness of her face from shaving.This will put moisture back into her skin.I told her to shave for a months and then let the hairs grow out. After about six months she stopped shaving and her female mustache and beard started to grow out. She had some black dots under her nose, hair stubble started to grow, and got bigger.Some of the hairs are darker in color.She has mostly small blond hairs on her beard where one hair will be a little bit longer. She shaves her face once in a while to hope that a few more hairs with grow out. We both like watching how her female mustache and beard will grow back. This lady is cool with letting her face hairs grow.If I knew this lady would grow out her female mustache and beard, I would have asked a long time ago.Thank you, R.T.T.
(edited 5 years ago)
Girls in my school used to do it and it was quite noticeable with the stubble
I have heard of it but it's something I've never done
Hello,I was talking to my neighbor and noticed a few hairs growing under her nose.One was dark in color. I told her about the hairs,she said get them off. We went into the kitchen looking for little scissor. We then went into the bathroom and she got tweezers and a razor. She put her face up in the air and I noticed a bigger hair on her neck.I told her about the hairs,she said get the hairs off I took the tweezers and pluck the dark hair off,took the razor and shaved her neck,and then went back and shaved off her female mustache.I was like I like this,

Latest