Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have never heard of women shaving their faces. Plucking eyebrows or "witch hairs", waxing lips, or whitening dark facial hair but never heard of shaving. I would think it would cause stubble or the hair to grow back darker and thicker. I guess it depends on a lot of things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun)
    I have never done it-would love to but am sooooo scared in case my hair gets thicker...so I stick to wax...
    Hey, Just wanted to say that the whole growing back thicker thing is a myth that will definitely not happen because when you shave you are cutting at the surface.... so basically if your hair is thick at the surface then it will carrying on growing like that. I will NOT get any thicker. As an Asian i was told it would grow back thicker too but after having tried it myself i realised that was not the case, I prefer it to waxing it does irritate my skin as much x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc_123_)
    Shaving is so bad for you!! I only wax but I've never touched my face with wax (except eyebrows) if I want smooth makeup I use primer xx Shaving long term can make you more hairy and you go stubbly like men
    That is actually not the case I have been shaving for a while now, It works amazingly, you just need the right tools and need to be careful you don't cut yourself. Its is not possible to become more hairy due to shaving for various reasons, you should read a bit about the benefits of shaving there are loads x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRosesBloom)
    Lol nope! I know some youtubers do this and recommend others to do so too! If you normally have light, fine facial hair then doing this is not a bad idea... however, if you have darker facial hair and it's not so fine, definitely don't do it! Unless you want to end up with a beard. Ok, I'm exaggerating slightly, but it will make your facial hair look darker and coarser and much more noticeable!
    I have dark facial hair and i shave it works perfectly fine for me. The hairs are actually not more noticeable and it works the same way for me as my friends with light facial hair xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayshakauser)
    That is actually not the case I have been shaving for a while now, It works amazingly, you just need the right tools and need to be careful you don't cut yourself. Its is not possible to become more hairy due to shaving for various reasons, you should read a bit about the benefits of shaving there are loads x
    Okay thanks for that info I'll look into it x But I do like going to the beautician because it's fun :cute: xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayshakauser)
    I have dark facial hair and i shave it works perfectly fine for me. The hairs are actually not more noticeable and it works the same way for me as my friends with light facial hair xx
    May work for you, but it doesn't work for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    OMG I shave too!! And no guys lol it does not grow back thicker or darker and I sure don't have stubble.
    My skin feels so much smoother, and as OP said, it's so much easier to apply make-up as well

And c'mon Huda Beauty says so too... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md-2UEa99PY

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.