Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I went from an E a week before my exam to an A for English Lit (still not the best but honestly i wasnt really bothered at gcses lol)
    Really do get some sleep, but just trying reviewing over some material before sleeping, dont stress too much
    Oh and make sure you get basic things right; I spelt Priestley wrong the entire exam :facepalm:
    Pretty sure I pissed my examiner off lmao
    Dont worry! You'll all do amazingly I promise
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i have RE tomorrow, Phy 3 on wednesday and Lit 2 on friday. tbh the only exam im going to enjoy is RE. i've given up on lit and physics cos theyre so hard and uninteresting, plus im not going to carry it on at A levels so there's really not a problem for me if i fail

ReputationRep:
    I hate wjec and closed book exams

ReputationRep:
    SAME!! Lit-erally (ha) only did revision for this exam for a few hours of today since Easter.. Oh well at least I'm not doing english next year

ReputationRep:
    I keep clicking on this thread thinking it's to do with the psychology exam tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    --

ReputationRep:
    I have a A grade requirement for RS at one of my sixth form places, RIP, bonne chance, GOODBYE WORLD

ReputationRep:
    In my coursework I winged it and got two A's and I'm currently wishing I had put in the effort with them to relive some of the exam pressure. Does anyone know what I need to get in the exams tomorrow (at least) to be able to get an A/A* overall? I'm predicted an A* but considering my coursework let me down and I'm really not prepared for the exam at all, I'm fully aware that I'm very unlikely to get that. So yeah anyone know what grade I would need to get in the exam to be able to get an A overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And I thought it was just me freaking out about the English Lit exam. Quite literally freaking out.

I need a B in both English exams to do the subjects I want to do at Sixth form. In my last mock I got a D in English. I really hope Curley's wife comes up and the question "how does Hill present Horror in the WIB".

ReputationRep:
    Screwed is an understatement, praying for easy questions tbh.

ReputationRep:
    if anyone needs help, message me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mellowjoker)
    In my coursework I winged it and got two A's and I'm currently wishing I had put in the effort with them to relive some of the exam pressure. Does anyone know what I need to get in the exams tomorrow (at least) to be able to get an A/A* overall? I'm predicted an A* but considering my coursework let me down and I'm really not prepared for the exam at all, I'm fully aware that I'm very unlikely to get that. So yeah anyone know what grade I would need to get in the exam to be able to get an A overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what marks exactly did you get for your coursework? I know that an A* is usually around 80% or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could somebody tell me how to structure my response to the unseen poetry question please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    do you really need to learn quotes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnthonyFalzon)
    do you really need to learn quotes?
    yep :/

ReputationRep:
    Nah lit is not dat bad tbh

ReputationRep:
    We don't have to learn the quotes (AQA).

ReputationRep:
    i got C's in my coursework, so i'm basically relying on the written exams, and to be frankly honest i doubt i'll get any good on these either - i'm just not one of those people that can think "outside of the box" for these literature based things. Like if the guys said it, then he's said it - like my brain legit whispers to me in class when everyone is proper analysing the book and i'm there like "m8 its not that deep, its fiction anyways" -.-

ReputationRep:
    Lol stop stressing they are only gcses ... revise the night before and still get at least a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dididid)
    Lol stop stressing they are only gcses ... revise the night before and still get at least a B
    "Only GCSEs" - tbf, GCSEs are a big deal, for me especially considering that I need at least all A's as I want to do dentistry. Obviously, A Levels are more important but that doesn't mean that GCSEs are not as important.

Anyways, back on topic - for the WJEC students, how many quotes should I be using in the essay question to achieve about 18 marks out of 20?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.