Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why does the school year start in September and not in January when the actual New Year is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Why does the school year start in September and not in January when the actual New Year is?
    'Cus we want long Summer holidays, not snowless Christmas holidays.

Spoiler:
    Show
    You know you'd be in the year below me if they did that? :eek3:

You know what, I was thinking and I was wondering what if I made this thread a blog thread? I don't really have a lot to talk about regarding one fixed topic, but I do have a lot to say about different things.

What do you all think? Should I do it? Would you read it? :holmes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    TheOtherSide. CoolCavy z33 iEthan FrenchUnicorn ||TheUnknown|| Boss_Rhythm Alexion mariam687 ForestShadow hezzlington Axel Johann
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I tagged you guys because 1) I quickly glanced over the who I'm following section and 2) I feel you are the people to most likely read the blog, if I start one

I guess it would probably be about daily life, my travelling experiences, my hospital work experience and perhaps some other stuff. There would definitely be a blog post a week...

ReputationRep:
    You know what, I was thinking and I was wondering what if I made this thread a blog thread? I don't really have a lot to talk about regarding one fixed topic, but I do have a lot to say about different things.

I guess it would probably be about daily life, my travelling experiences, my hospital work experience and perhaps some other stuff. There would definitely be a blog post a week...
    :dontknow: If it's interesting enough, probably. :yep:

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    TheOtherSide. CoolCavy z33 iEthan FrenchUnicorn ||TheUnknown|| Boss_Rhythm Alexion mariam687 ForestShadow hezzlington Axel Johann
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I tagged you guys because 1) I quickly glanced over the who I'm following section and 2) I feel you are the people to most likely read the blog, if I start one

I'd rather read a blog about a whole variety of topics to be honest, I sort of thought this was your 'blog' already.

I'd read it

Why do some bottled waters cost more than others? Water is water at the end of the day...

ReputationRep:
    Why do some bottled waters cost more than others? Water is water at the end of the day...

Or are they..?

(Original post by hezzlington)
    I'd rather read a blog about a whole variety of topics to be honest, I sort of thought this was your 'blog' already.

I'd read it
    I'll keep a tally of people who seem interested in it :yep: yeah the blogs about mental health and stuff are really interesting, I think mine would be more miscellaneous life thoughts...:moon:

Spoiler:
    Show
    in hindsight this does seem like quite a bloggy thread title, but I was literally thinking the most bizarre things last night

ReputationRep:
    Is a futon an acceptable alternative to a bed :holmes:
    Some large athletes are known to have specially made futons, so yes in the right circumstances they are more than just acceptable.

Or are they..?
    I can't stand plain fizzy water

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand plain fizzy water
    You wouldn't ever buy Voss? (it's still or sparkling) but very expensive

You wouldn't ever buy Voss? (it's still or sparkling) but very expensive
    I would buy the still...just never sparkling...

I usually just drink Volvic :erm: I remember we always used to drink pellegrino lmao
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

I'd be up for reading this! :teeth: I could probably move this to Blogs if you're also up for it? Let me know

ReputationRep:

I would read!

(Original post by iEthan)
    I'd be up for reading this! :teeth: I could probably move this to Blogs if you're also up for it? Let me know
    You know what Ethan. GO FOR IT.

Why must I wait for the validation of TSR peers? I think it's about time I took the plunge and did something. And if it doesn't work out then hey ho, that's life. We win some and lose some.

NOW GO OUT THERE AND MOVE MY THREAD TO THE BLOGS SECTION.

Expectation:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Reality
    Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by z33)
    I would read!
    Weally? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Weally? :puppyeyes:
    yeahh! duhhhhhhh of course i would read smh

(Original post by z33)
    yeahh! duhhhhhhh of course i would read smh

Hmmm maybe I should write my first blog post now? :dance:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    You know what Ethan. GO FOR IT.

Why must I wait for the validation of TSR peers? I think it's about time I took the plunge and did something. And if it doesn't work out then hey ho, that's life. We win some and lose some.

NOW GO OUT THERE AND MOVE MY THREAD TO THE BLOGS SECTION.

Expectation:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Reality
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Guess whose thread has a snazzy new home? :ahee:

(Original post by iEthan)
    Guess whose thread has a snazzy new home? :ahee:
    My thread?

Thanks Ethan

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.