Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musictagj)
    Guys it asked for P not x, so 17 is wrong because you had to substitute in x=16.633 and then you get 120 to the nearest metre

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Completely agree with you. Congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsislive)
    I am going to cyber bully you
    Nice waistcoat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsislive)
    I am going to cyber bully you
    Yayyyyy!!! Cant wait for that to start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annon5632)
    What did u guys get for the value of A, B and K for the binomial expansion??
    for K i got 3.5

for B i got like 900 and something

ReputationRep:
    when is arsey putting on his mark-scheme?

ReputationRep:
    Mark scheme http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4117259

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notsoeasyaspie)
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who found that an absolute nightmare.
    No you are not the only one. Is this your first time doing c2? It was my second time and I really wished I just did well last year so I didn't need to take it this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephaniecheung)
    i found the paper pretty good. I would say it's far more challenging than the past papers, but I found this pretty chill
    Every single year people think their papers are more challenging than the past papers.

ReputationRep:
    for K i got 3.5

for B i got like 900 and something
    How did you guys work out those values? I got really stuck in that question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namita Gurung)
    How did you guys work out those values? I got really stuck in that question.
    for K
    it told you that blah blah blah
    so you used what you worked out for the binomial expansion, times by the 1+kx
    and then you put the x^2 ones equal to eachother, the x's cancel out and you can solve for k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musictagj)
    Guys it asked for P not x, so 17 is wrong because you had to substitute in x=16.633 and then you get 120 to the nearest metre

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup that's what I did
    Don't round the X value round the P value when you sub the x value back into the equation
    My X was something like 16.6 or something and I got 120 m for P to the nearest metre

ReputationRep:
    I totally messed up that paper, lost at least 20 marks, good bye all hopes of an A :,(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    Every single year people think their papers are more challenging than the past papers.
    yeah fam, I totally flunked the c1, I was really disappointed with myself because i made a few silly mistakes :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBillPN)
    How do you do this part?

Solve: 2^(2x+5) -7(2^x)=0

Got all the rest of the paper right, but not these 4 marks.
    I subbed in 2^x = y to give my 32y^2-7y=0 then solved for y=0,7/32. 2^x cannot = 0 and 2^x=7/32 giving x = -2.19

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcfatty)
    wat?

it wasn't small decimal....

x was 17m to the nearest meter what did you get?
    he/she is talking about part e. I got a small decimal aswell I think it was o.49... something. I got 17 metres aswell for the other part

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theguywhosaidhi)
    I totally messed up that paper, lost at least 20 marks, good bye all hopes of an A :,(
    Just do well in the S1 exam and did you think you did well in c1? You could still scrape an A

ReputationRep:
    Any idea on raw mark boundary for a C?

ReputationRep:
    wat?

it wasn't small decimal....

x was 17m to the nearest meter what did you get?
    yeah i got 17 and then for the next part i got 0.4

ReputationRep:
    how did we find it all?

like the differentiation question?
    That differentiation question was hellish, I had no idea what I was doing but I came out with a number so there'll be method marks somewhere I guess...

Overall tho it was a pretty chill paper. Better than C1 anyway

(Original post by David_a)
    For the question that said i cant use any graphical or numerixal method to solve
    I thought graphical and numerical methods were like the entirety of maths, I got very confused.

(Original post by Charswatts)
    I subbed in 2^x = y to give my 32y^2-7y=0 then solved for y=0,7/32. 2^x cannot = 0 and 2^x=7/32 giving x = -2.19
    Was it just me who messed around and turned it into a nightmarish logarithm equation, then?I think I got -2.19 as well

ReputationRep:
    yeah fam, I totally flunked the c1, I was really disappointed with myself because i made a few silly mistakes :/
    The stress and pressure of being in the actual exam hall is very different from doing past papers at home.

Good luck with the rest of your exams

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.