Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by mr T 999)
    I did some calculations if we're to post 90 post a day for 7 days a week. We'll get to over 2500 post in a month. Which in 4 months well reach the 10000 post and end the game.
    Who's going to post for 4 months?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was how we imagined it would end back when the first thread was made - either last post before it was locked, or last post before the thread died and was forgotten (a hollow victory is still a victory!). But that was before the mods started enforcing the 10,000 post limit, so as far as we knew it could have gone on forever.

Personally, I liked the feeling of the final rush for 10,000th in the last part, it felt very tense and competitive in the last 100 or so posts (for me at least, maybe I tried too hard? I don't think you'd get the same sort of atmosphere with a vague 'some point after 10,000, mod queue depending' win. Though I can understand the frustration of those who missed it.

I'd suggest maybe double awards, for 10,000th as the 'official' end point of a thread, and for the literal last post (or second to last, if the last is just linking to a new thread)? Or are most people here of the mindset that there can be only one winner?

Either way, I'll be taking both honours this time around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    Who's going to post for 4 months?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me :king1: I'm not waiting again for whole year. In the last thread we got up to 1000 post in a week, because of me. If I haven't left for several months the game would have ended sooner. But this time I'm not leaving
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Your winner has arrived
    :adore:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    That was how we imagined it would end back when the first thread was made - either last post before it was locked, or last post before the thread died and was forgotten (a hollow victory is still a victory!). But that was before the mods started enforcing the 10,000 post limit, so as far as we knew it could have gone on forever.

Personally, I liked the feeling of the final rush for 10,000th in the last part, it felt very tense and competitive in the last 100 or so posts (for me at least, maybe I tried too hard? I don't think you'd get the same sort of atmosphere with a vague 'some point after 10,000, mod queue depending' win. Though I can understand the frustration of those who missed it.

I'd suggest maybe double awards, for 10,000th as the 'official' end point of a thread, and for the literal last post (or second to last, if the last is just linking to a new thread)? Or are most people here of the mindset that there can be only one winner?

When did this become a meme? :hmmm:

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    When did this become a meme? :hmmm:
    Hmmmm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Reckon we can hit 10,000 tonight guys.

ReputationRep:
    I just came up with an idea for a prize for this game. Can't the winner become a mod? if they are not all ready. If a mod wins then they become a super mod.

ReputationRep:
    That could mean a complete loony becomes a mod then.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I just came up with an idea for a prize for this game. Can't the winner become a mod? if they are not all ready. If a mod wins then they become a super mod.
    No way! :lol:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by SoggyCabbages)
    That could mean a complete loony becomes a mod then.
    Well, they accepted me. :dontknow:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Well, they accepted me. :dontknow:
    This is true….

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I swear this is copied and pasted from the last thread :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I just found out that this is an emoji :hump:...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    and wtf is this? :hump2:

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by jaz,)
    I swear this is copied and pasted from the last thread :rofl:
    It is! It's AJ's losing speech from last time :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    lololol...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by iEthan)
    It is! It's AJ's losing speech from last time :rofl:
    It was not a 'losing speech'. :eviltongue:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    It was not a 'losing speech'. :eviltongue:
    Sorry for the delay I'm answering support tickets… well… if you say so :console:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :bawling:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    :bawling:
    Come and answer support tickets with me :emog: it's OK, there there…

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.