Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychosis mock)
    Don't u do 6/60 x 5/59
    Which is 1/118
    Thank you so much for posting this, I did 6/60 x 5/59 as well as was freaking out that others got 0.1. Guess it shows that I shouldn't just believe what others say is correct

ReputationRep:
    3?
    Might get a cheeky mark then 😒

Aiming for an A* but I think I've blew that unless the grade boundaries go down to what they were in 2012 (159 A*) if they are like they were last year (169) I'm screwed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentgcse2016)
    same!! pretty sure thats right
    I got 205 but that was a really hard division

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamodactil)
    This is why it was badly worded! Like anything >120 would be the point where they overtake, so idk why they didn't just ask for the point where they met. Bloody OCR
    69? oh dear

ReputationRep:
    Generally felt this exam was much harder than the 2015 one though. I came out of that confident and got a good mark, but this one was definitely not as good! What did you guys think of it compared to the 2015 paper?

ReputationRep:
    Seemed easier

ReputationRep:
    I told my teacher some of the questions and they said the grade boundaries will be high like 170 A* 155 A 130 B 115 C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robyn2000)
    Generally felt this exam was much harder than the 2015 one though. I came out of that confident and got a good mark, but this one was definitely not as good! What did you guys think of it compared to the 2015 paper?
    I did the 2015 paper and got 89 on Non Calc and 87 on Calc 2015 so much easier everyone pray for low grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fingermepls)
    I told my teacher some of the questions and they said the grade boundaries will be high like 170 A* 155 A 130 B 115 C
    Don't know who your teacher is but I don't think he knows what he is on about or she -- 115 for a C would create national uproar that is impossible it was 69 for a C last year -- an increase like that would be impossible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willg66)
    Don't know who your teacher is but I don't think he knows what he is on about or she -- 115 for a C would create national uproar that is impossible it was 69 for a C last year -- an increase like that would be impossible
    apparently it was easy in comparison to some others, he just guessed but they'll be high

ReputationRep:
    I did the 2015 paper and got 89 on Non Calc and 87 on Calc 2015 so much easier everyone pray for low grade boundaries
    I got similar marks to you, average an a* overall in the mock. General feel at my school was that this exam was much harder - please let there be low boundaries, I really want an A!

ReputationRep:
    For the one about the two people running, could I still get 3 out of the 4 marks even though I came to the wrong answer? (I got 124 if anyone's wondering). My method was weird which is why I'm worried - I just wrote out the 3 times table up to 124 (I know 124 isn't actually in it, I must have made a mistake), and then wrote out 4 times table offset by 10 places. I really hope they credit weird methods because I would of got the right answer if I wasn't a pleb who couldn't add 3 correctly.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember the area of the triangle one near the start? I got a decimal around 200 - 300 I think not sure though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eldronyx)
    For the one about the two people running, could I still get 3 out of the 4 marks even though I came to the wrong answer? (I got 124 if anyone's wondering). My method was weird which is why I'm worried - I just wrote out the 3 times table up to 124 (I know 124 isn't actually in it, I must have made a mistake), and then wrote out 4 times table offset by 10 places. I really hope they credit weird methods because I would of got the right answer if I wasn't a pleb who couldn't add 3 correctly.
    I got 124 as well! I think I did the same method as you. I think we will get some method marks, maybe 2 out of 4? But what I'm hoping is that they give a range for the answers, as it was when the girl overtook the boy, if that makes any sense? I am praying for method marks here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kristina.24)
    Voucher A gave the cheapest
    116 red counters and 84 blue counters
    Not sure what questions numbers they were for and I'm not 100% sure they were right
    I got this 😜

ReputationRep:
    9 sided shape exterior angle - 40 degrees and the interior angle 140 degrees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tp1999)
    9 sided shape exterior angle - 40 degrees and the interior angle 140 degrees
    Yeah I got that

ReputationRep:
    3?
    it was 2 i remember that one because i got it wrong! haha always remembering the ones that cause me distress!

ReputationRep:
    What you guys get for the intersection of the two linear graphs? Coordinates

ReputationRep:
    Might get a cheeky mark then 😒

Aiming for an A* but I think I've blew that unless the grade boundaries go down to what they were in 2012 (159 A*) if they are like they were last year (169) I'm screwed
    holyyyy, im screwed too then!! really really want an A*!!! im hoping i do well in paper 4 but for me i find it harder because OCR make it harder just because we have a bloody calculator!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.