ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bantaleg)
    Here's some tips:
    1. Turn off the laptop
    2. Study

Then after the exam:
    1. Sit down
    2. Shut up
    Woah man chill, who gave you the blues today??
    btw we need a break at some point, general consensus is we all sat a shocking maths exam. Just a thought

(Original post by Vikingninja)
    This statement is 100% BS. Again good luck.
    Yep. Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gameofno)
    lets go purge/massacre edexcel bc their exams are lit giving me depression
    defooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georginarowley)
    Woah man chill, who gave you the blues today??
    btw we need a break at some point, general consensus is we all sat a shocking maths exam. Just a thought
    I think you are just overacting the Maths exam was not hard if you actually revised. I just don't understand why students cause a huge uproar whenever they see an opportunity. I do think the AQA Biology exam was out of order but there really was nothing wrong with the Edexcel Maths paper. If Edexcel gave you a ridiculously easy paper than the grade boundaries would have become too high so a paper like this is just what we needed to keep the grade boundaries down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    I think you are just overacting the Maths exam was not hard if you actually revised. I just don't understand why students cause a huge uproar whenever they see an opportunity. I do think the AQA Biology exam was out of order but there really was nothing wrong with the Edexcel Maths paper. If Edexcel gave you a ridiculously easy paper than the grade boundaries would have become too high so a paper like this is just what we needed to keep the grade boundaries down.
    I think it's unfair for you to judge how much revision I have done for maths compared to how hard I actually found the exam. Of course we shouldn't expect or wish for a "ridiculously easy paper", that would defy the point of exams as a test of our knowledge and skill. My point was simply that, as students sitting the same exam, it's nice to hear how others have done and how they found the exam in terms of difficulty and to gripe about an exam, especially as a large amount of people found it difficult.
    Have a nice day and good luck with the rest of your exams!

ReputationRep:
    Lets sue Edexcel. Lets sue AQA. You know what? Lets sue all the exam boards. You know why? They were way too hard for us so we should just sue them instead of working harder right? mali473

ReputationRep:
    im using the laptop to revise, genius
    so here are some tips:
    1. stop
    2. leave
    I love this response, amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrashid98)
    i'm taking AS at the moment so i know how annoying it is when people call GCSEs easy or whatever.
    You do have a f*king tonne in store for next year, like nothing can ever prepare you.

its just an onslaught of "everything we taught you last year was a lie" followed by "here's the new explanation" followed by "here's a hwk sheet that is in no way related to what we just covered in class- good luck figuring it out!"

But trust me your results will come out much better than you think they're going to. If you're clever enough to be using tsr then you'll be reyt. The exam boards are very annoying at GCSE though that's true.

good luck w the rest of your exams m7
    Thank you! A actual nice, positive comment that actually recognises the stress gcse students are under. It seems that what was originally a thread to humorously complain and commiserate about a difficult paper is now full of people telling us to quit complaining and how GCSEs are easy; people who don't add anything to the general happiness and wellbeing of others.
    Once again, thanks for actually understanding

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! A actual nice, positive comment that actually recognises the stress gcse students are under. It seems that what was originally a thread to humorously complain and commiserate about a difficult paper is now full of people telling us to quit complaining and how GCSEs are easy; people who don't add anything to the general happiness and wellbeing of others.
    Once again, thanks for actually understanding
    exactlyyyyyyyy omg

ReputationRep:
    This is pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    wtf is this thread... lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hafsa473)
    Lets sue Edexcel. Lets sue AQA. You know what? Lets sue all the exam boards. You know why? They were way too hard for us so we should just sue them instead of working harder right? mali473
    You know what's funny? Not you. So many people have worked so much and found it hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    'The Maths exam was not hard if you actually revised.'
    Jesus, people need to stop with these bloody assumptions, half of us nearly died revising but we still found it difficult. Its a matter of opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    This is pathetic.
    matter of opinion mate

ReputationRep:
    Which maths questions did everyone find difficult?

ReputationRep:
    i think it's unfair for you to judge how much revision i have done for maths compared to how hard i actually found the exam. Of course we shouldn't expect or wish for a "ridiculously easy paper", that would defy the point of exams as a test of our knowledge and skill. My point was simply that, as students sitting the same exam, it's nice to hear how others have done and how they found the exam in terms of difficulty and to gripe about an exam, especially as a large amount of people found it difficult.
    Have a nice day and good luck with the rest of your exams!
    exactly gosh

ReputationRep:
    You know what's funny? Not you. So many people have worked so much and found it hard.
    yeah but that's the whole point. Exams are meant to be hard and if you found it hard there's no point complaining -
    its pointless...

ReputationRep:
    hafsa473 has a point though

ReputationRep:
    'The Maths exam was not hard if you actually revised.'
    Jesus, people need to stop with these bloody assumptions, half of us nearly died revising but we still found it difficult. Its a matter of opinion.
    I'm pretty sure it would've been last minute revision...
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    This cannot be serious….

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.