The Student Room Group

Edexcel Mathematics A Higher GCSE - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sam_-_
What did you get for the activities day one ?

11 girls went to art gallery
Original post by PolarisVega
Who remembers what question 1 was??

It was 3D polygon with a cross sectional area of 25 cm squared
you had to found the volume or something
Anyone got the unofficial markscheme for the edexcel maths A foundation paper 2016? ??
For the graph question, weren't you meant to get values for y, as well as x??

I drew a line for the linear equation they gave and then read off the 2 x and 2 y values which crossed it..
Original post by Ace2233
What did you get on the last question about the area of the shaded triangle? I remember getting something like (3-sqr6)/12.

yeah I got that too :smile:
Original post by wildjones
Oh! I had the proportionality formula as y=100/x^2 and then just subbed in the values, pretty sure the first one in the table was 100, then 25, then something else?

Something like 4 and then 1
*walks out exam*
Awww yisss shaded trangle was 0.12cm²
*Finds out all of your answers*
*dies*
Original post by Mujahidrahman
It was 3D polygon with a cross sectional area of 25 cm squared
you had to found the volume or something

= 25 x 30 = 750cm^3
I got 1/6 for the last one....i just realised that one part of my working was wrong and that f***ed up the whole question for me.
Don't worry I think I did as well, I also missed out quite a few and had to rush so i didn't even get to answer them all :frown: I normally get A*s as well, and I worked so hard so I don't know what went wrong but I'm pretty bummed about it.

This was me lmao, doubt i will be allowed to take A level after that
Original post by CopyThat
100 - 25(pi)

I was a retard and didn't realise the radius was 5 so i put...

100-(pi)r^2

It said in its simplest form... wouldnt that be 4-pi?
I got that too, I think it's right :smile:

I got that too but i simplified it to 25(4-pi) because i thought you had to simplify it??
Reply 53
Original post by nicolebodgersxo
Please say I wasn't the only one who found this paper really difficult :frown: i USUALLY GET A/A* in all my papers but I found this paper ridiculously hard! I spent half the exam crying :frown:(

I did the exact same thing, the graph questions were awful too! i didn't even consider looking at angle bisectors either so i can tell i've lost a lot of marks. A lot of people came out saying the exam was easy and i just broke down into tears. I cant believe i even got the varnish one wrong too, i said she had enough :frown:
Reply 54
Original post by Devin_gaskill
This was me lmao, doubt i will be allowed to take A level after that

same i need to get like 95/100 on the next paper to even get an a probably. Last years a* boundaries were 153 or something and that was a difficult paper, i just hope i got over half
Original post by Dizgurl
I got that too but i simplified it to 25(4-pi) because i thought you had to simplify it??

I did that too xD But all my friends were like NO YOU IDIOT... :frown:
It is the most sensible thing to do right?
Did anyone find the paper hard
Original post by Dizgurl

Original post by Justsomestudent1
It said in its simplest form... wouldnt that be 4-pi?

I simplified it down to 4 - pi, but I'm not too sure if that's right as they're two seperate values (if that makes sense). But if you factorised 100 - 25pi, you'd get 4 - pi, so that may be correct.

Generally, I found that exam to be pretty easy - I'm hoping I get around 96 or 97 (I haven't got 100 lol).
Reply 58
Original post by wildjones
Pretty sure I got that wrong too, something like 100-25Pi and I knew it was wrong:frown:

That is correct but you had to simply to the simplest form so i divided by 25 and got 4-pi but u probs only lost 1 mark
Original post by CopyThat
100 - 25(pi)

I was a retard and didn't realise the radius was 5 so i put...

100-(pi)r^2

I simplified that to 25-5pi would that still be full marks? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending