Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safaa.patel)
    saw it on another forum but it was like
    72- a*
    64- a
    53 - b
    thats all i remember and it was something like that but definitely you would need about 95/200 to get a B
    That's extremely low!! Do you know how many marks you will need to get an A grade out of 200 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TOP GG)
    MATHS EXAM WAS OKAY
    FEEL A BIT WORRIED THAT I MIGHT JUST MISS A a*
    I GOT AROUND 79-82 MARKS
    on another forum it said that a* was 72 marks btw.

ReputationRep:
    I think I definitely got an A* based on that mark scheme, but I'm kicking myself because I rotated the shape clockwise instead of anticlockwise for the third questions :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by varshan_k)
    I know exactly how you're feeling! It was such an easy paper but I got 45 marks just because I made careless mistakes and I missed out a couple of 5 mark questions. Absolutely gutted with myself! I wanted a minimum grade of A now I think I might get a B grade! I have an english poetry exam tomorrow but I can't revise because my mind's still on the maths exam and I'm stressing!
    is there a mathematics B unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennLousie)
    I think I definitely got an A* based on that mark scheme, but I'm kicking myself because I rotated the shape clockwise instead of anticlockwise for the third questions :nooo:
    Like so many people I have spoken to have done that.. me included . It seems that everyone thought it was clockwise.

ReputationRep:
    I think I got around 70, happy with that as I usually do better on calculator anyway

ReputationRep:
    I definitely got 100 marks!!!!

ReputationRep:
    That question with the rotation 90 degrees anticlockwise was wrong, the guy made a mistake.
    If you look at the bottom left corner of shape P, you have to go 2 across and 1 up from (0,1).
    So when you rotate it, that corner should be 2 up and 1 left but his is 3 up and 1 left. which is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    i only ****ing got like minimum 67?!?!?! this means im gonna literally have to get 100% in calc to get an a*
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by junayd1998)
    naa gcse lolol
    i know that !!!!!! i just thought this thread was for igcse!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahida sulaiman)
    i know that !!!!!! i just thought this thread was for igcse!!!!
    ightttt
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    ightttt
    what is that suppose to mean ?????:curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahida sulaiman)
    what is that suppose to mean ?????:curious:
    omg hahaha dont worry shahida.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    omg hahaha dont worry shahida.
    oook!!!!!fine whatever!!!!!:eviltongue::eyebrow::grumble:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca_16)
    is there a mathematics B unofficial mark scheme?
    If there's mathematics a unofficial mark scheme there must be a mathematics a unofficial mark scheme. Just type in the student room search box: edexcel gcse mathematics a mark scheme, it should come up, if it doesn't sorry i don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Would 86 definitely be an A*? How many marks will I need to get in calc to get an A*??

ReputationRep:
    I got 93 then, which I'm happy with but the mistakes I made are so stupid! Like I rotated the shape the wrong way round.. And messed up the very last bit on the final question which is just subtracting fractions..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezgaay)
    Would 86 definitely be an A*? How many marks will I need to get in calc to get an A*??
    That's A*. You'd need to get about the same in the calculator to be safe, but if you get lower than 80 in the calc you may get an A.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 30, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.