Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does not completing your exam decrease your grade? Watch

(Original post by miless090)
    that's a bit harsh. some people have never been fast writers no matter how much they try. why should they be put at a disadvantage?
    Well tough. Practice until you can write sufficiently fast for an exam. Everyone has excuses for why they don't complete the exam or if they don't get their target grade but the excuses are always something other than them not doing enough work for it and they ask for things like extra times to make it easier. Few of my friends are dyslexic and they don't even apply for extra time cause it doesn't affect them, so why should someone with nothing to affect them get an advantage? Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marzy-Sama)
    I didn't get the budge budge budge baby reference ;-;

But when someone says "ahh okay okay" and "you know what I mean"
    I think of Block B's Nalina

AMANDA! RUN RUN RUN
    OMG YASS i DIDNT KNOW [email protected] A BLOCK B FAN!
    YAHHH THIS IS AMAZING
    and the budge budge budge baby is what i hear from the sorry song lool
    AND OMG LITERALLY
    and once my mum was asking my brother something, and because he's autistic we always have to add "yes or no"
    so she asked, do you want to eat, yes or no?
    and i was like MARHAE YES OR NO MARHAE YES OR NO
    DAMN CANT BELIEVE I MET A BLOCK B FAN, UNFORTUNATELY NOT MANY PEOPLE LIKE THEM AS MUCH AS THE OTHER BANDS lol why am i always so hype xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rxns_00)
    Well tough. Practice until you can write sufficiently fast for an exam.
    What part of no matter how hard they try do you not get?! I've never been a fast writer. Of course I've tried to speed up. I CAN'T!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animeamanda1412)
    OMG YASS i DIDNT KNOW [email protected] A BLOCK B FAN!
    YAHHH THIS IS AMAZING
    and the budge budge budge baby is what i hear from the sorry song lool
    AND OMG LITERALLY
    and once my mum was asking my brother something, and because he's autistic we always have to add "yes or no"
    so she asked, do you want to eat, yes or no?
    and i was like MARHAE YES OR NO MARHAE YES OR NO
    DAMN CANT BELIEVE I MET A BLOCK B FAN, UNFORTUNATELY NOT MANY PEOPLE LIKE THEM AS MUCH AS THE OTHER BANDS lol why am i always so hype xD
    Who's sorry by?

I LOVE ZICO
    AND U-KWON
    A LOT

AND I LOVE HOW ZCIO AND NAMJOON WERE PART OF THE SAME UNDERGROUND RAPPING THINGY BEFORE THEY BECAME KPOP IDOLS

What part of no matter how hard they try do you not get?! I've never been a fast writer. Of course I've tried to speed up. I CAN'T!
    So you're speaking from personal experience now are you

So your excuse of choice is the "no matter why I do I can't write faster"

Aight ok, lol you can you just don't do enough. Don't sit there in the exam writing out every word like you rewriting the bible then maybe you'll learn to write faster lols

Either way, your problem, not the exam boards

ReputationRep:
    RAP MON AND ZICO WERE IN THE SAME UNDERGROUND? HOLY DAMN FVCK, HOW COME I DONT KNOW XD
    AND YASSS ZICO IS MY BIAS IN BLOCK B, HES AMAZING, HIS PERSONALITY IS AMAZING, HES JUST MWAHH
    and sorry is by super junior, imo its a stupid song but i like it because it's stupid xD
    you might have a different opinion tho lol
    Spoiler:
    Show
    PO and Zico are together you know! i have evidence as well

ReputationRep:
    OP - you just need to practice papers. Wasting time on one Q does nothing to help you.
    It's easier to gain average marks doing all Qs, than gain perfect marks doing one, and then failing the others by running out of time. Think of it as an increasing curve, the difficulty in gaining full marks (for essays in particular) increase drastically - thus your time is best spent ensuring ALL your Qs are done.
    Figure out, if possible, how much time you have to do each Q and stick to it. Plan each at the start to save time.
    All this applies when you get to uni to if you go.

ReputationRep:
    So you're speaking from personal experience now are you

So your excuse of choice is the "no matter why I do I can't write faster"

Aight ok, lol you can you just don't do enough. Don't sit there in the exam writing out every word like you rewriting the bible then maybe you'll learn to write faster lols

Either way, your problem, not the exam boards
    easy for you to criticise when it's not you struggling.

ReputationRep:
    RAP MON AND ZICO WERE IN THE SAME UNDERGROUND? HOLY DAMN FVCK, HOW COME I DONT KNOW XD
    AND YASSS ZICO IS MY BIAS IN BLOCK B, HES AMAZING, HIS PERSONALITY IS AMAZING, HES JUST MWAHH
    and sorry is by super junior, imo its a stupid song but i like it because it's stupid xD
    you might have a different opinion tho lol
    Spoiler:
    Show
    PO and Zico are together you know! i have evidence as well
    OH MY SDGVSBAJCHKSJDBNCOSJDLKX
    THIS BETTER NOT BE FORGED EVIDENCE
    THE TWO YOUNGEST MEMBERS ARE TOGETHER??
    FOR REALS??

I don't really like Super Juniors that much. They're really old as well.
    The oldest I can handle is my bae G-Dragon.

easy for you to criticise when it's not you struggling.
    Jesus don't cry over it, some people write faster and they finish their exams early and they have an advantage and yet no one complains. Some people write slower. Writing too slow to get your target grade? Practice till your hand drops off instead of feeling sorry for yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inazuma)
    OP - you just need to practice papers. Wasting time on one Q does nothing to help you.
    It's easier to gain average marks doing all Qs, than gain perfect marks doing one, and then failing the others by running out of time. Think of it as an increasing curve, the difficulty in gaining full marks (for essays in particular) increase drastically - thus your time is best spent ensuring ALL your Qs are done.
    Figure out, if possible, how much time you have to do each Q and stick to it. Plan each at the start to save time.
    All this applies when you get to uni to if you go.
    Spoiler:
    Show

animeamanda1412 Marzy-Sama How many times do you need to be told, bog off with your off-topic spam. #reportedz
    LOL!
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    It's easy to manage time if you've practiced past papers with timing.
    My personal tactic is that I look at the number of questions I'm given or number of pages and I divide the total time by that.
    That way I know how long I can spend on each question/page.
    Honestly, you should see what works for you.

SEE? I've CONTRIBUTED to your cause. And possibly helped you out immensely.

ReputationRep:
    OH MY SDGVSBAJCHKSJDBNCOSJDLKX
    THIS BETTER NOT BE FORGED EVIDENCE
    THE TWO YOUNGEST MEMBERS ARE TOGETHER??
    FOR REALS??

I don't really like Super Juniors that much. They're really old as well.
    The oldest I can handle is my bae G-Dragon.
    ok phew i didnt pull a SJ string
    and lol ikr! G-Dragon is too bae to get old xDD
    and ok i exaggerated they're not together but they kinda made out..lol
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeepMeaning)
    My knowledge is completely fine when it comes to exams and I usually know and understand most of the content + context that they're asking about, time management however....I am completely s*** at it!

It's either that I write too much for one question (to make sure that I nailed it) but it just results in me not having enough time to do the rest of the questions on the paper, or it's that I get nervous over the time that I have left during the exam, which my nervousness makes me panic then my mind just goes into one heap of madness and results in me writing slower.

I've always had this problem ever since my GCSE's - no matter how much I do past papers, it's really rare for myself to finish my exams, and I'm scared that it would result in me getting bad grades because I've worked so hard for my AS this year so I want to get the grades that I fully deserve...

Any advice?
    Try going to the learning support department at your school- they might be able to give you some advice or get you 25% extra time- I have extra time partly because I have the exact same issue as you!! Good luck! x

ReputationRep:
    Jesus don't cry over it, some people write faster and they finish their exams early and they have an advantage and yet no one complains. Some people write slower. Writing too slow to get your target grade? Practice till your hand drops off instead of feeling sorry for yourself
    I do try. It doesn't work. I'm not crying over it but people who criticise me when they don't know me really piss me off!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm referring to you there.

ReputationRep:
    Now you gonna have everyone applying for extra time because of one comment. You won't be getting extra time unless you've got extenuating circumstances like actual dyslexia that affects how quickly you can work through an exam paper. You had months to work on your time management and if you still haven't sorted it then well tough really, keep doing past papers and maybe it'll help for the last few exams
    Just FYI, there's a girl at my school who's not dyslexic but writes r e a l l y slowly and she has Extra Time.

I do try. It doesn't work. I'm not crying over it but people who criticise me when they don't know me really piss me off!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm referring to you there.
    I'm not even bothered enough to criticise you, you do what you want lol I'm just saying it's annoying when people cry over it then don't help themselves and just rely on help from the exam board or somet

(Original post by cazzers123)
    Just FYI, there's a girl at my school who's not dyslexic but writes r e a l l y slowly and she has Extra Time.
    You're emphasising how extreme it is then fair enough. But if people run out of time just cause they spend too long on one question its their fault lmao

ReputationRep:
    ok phew i didnt pull a SJ string
    and lol ikr! G-Dragon is too bae to get old xDD
    and ok i exaggerated they're not together but they kinda made out..lol
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Woah man.
    Just woah.
    It's just fanservice isn't it?

I've seen Taeil and B Bomb making out.
    By accident.
    In some compilation of fanservice videos of kpop idols kissing XDD

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried bulletpointing the key facts.
    If you go over time , leave it, go onto the next question and come back at the end

ReputationRep:
    Woah man.
    Just woah.
    It's just fanservice isn't it?

I've seen Taeil and B Bomb making out.
    By accident.
    In some compilation of fanservice videos of kpop idols kissing XDD
    noo but the first couple with the glasses girl faked making out, but zelo and po proper kissed like A FULL BLOODY KISS like bruh come on xD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.