The Student Room Group

Does not completing your exam decrease your grade?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by miless090
that's a bit harsh. some people have never been fast writers no matter how much they try. why should they be put at a disadvantage?

Well tough. Practice until you can write sufficiently fast for an exam. Everyone has excuses for why they don't complete the exam or if they don't get their target grade but the excuses are always something other than them not doing enough work for it and they ask for things like extra times to make it easier. Few of my friends are dyslexic and they don't even apply for extra time cause it doesn't affect them, so why should someone with nothing to affect them get an advantage? Lol
Original post by Marzy-Sama
I didn't get the budge budge budge baby reference ;-;

But when someone says "ahh okay okay" and "you know what I mean"
I think of Block B's Nalina

AMANDA! RUN RUN RUN

OMG YASS i DIDNT KNOW YOU@RE A BLOCK B FAN!
YAHHH THIS IS AMAZING
and the budge budge budge baby is what i hear from the sorry song lool
AND OMG LITERALLY
and once my mum was asking my brother something, and because he's autistic we always have to add "yes or no"
so she asked, do you want to eat, yes or no?
and i was like MARHAE YES OR NO MARHAE YES OR NO
DAMN CANT BELIEVE I MET A BLOCK B FAN, UNFORTUNATELY NOT MANY PEOPLE LIKE THEM AS MUCH AS THE OTHER BANDS lol why am i always so hype xD
Original post by rxns_00
Well tough. Practice until you can write sufficiently fast for an exam.

What part of no matter how hard they try do you not get?! I've never been a fast writer. Of course I've tried to speed up. I CAN'T!
Original post by animeamanda1412
OMG YASS i DIDNT KNOW YOU@RE A BLOCK B FAN!
YAHHH THIS IS AMAZING
and the budge budge budge baby is what i hear from the sorry song lool
AND OMG LITERALLY
and once my mum was asking my brother something, and because he's autistic we always have to add "yes or no"
so she asked, do you want to eat, yes or no?
and i was like MARHAE YES OR NO MARHAE YES OR NO
DAMN CANT BELIEVE I MET A BLOCK B FAN, UNFORTUNATELY NOT MANY PEOPLE LIKE THEM AS MUCH AS THE OTHER BANDS lol why am i always so hype xD

Who's sorry by?

I LOVE ZICO
AND U-KWON
A LOT

AND I LOVE HOW ZCIO AND NAMJOON WERE PART OF THE SAME UNDERGROUND RAPPING THINGY BEFORE THEY BECAME KPOP IDOLS
What part of no matter how hard they try do you not get?! I've never been a fast writer. Of course I've tried to speed up. I CAN'T!

So you're speaking from personal experience now are you

So your excuse of choice is the "no matter why I do I can't write faster"

Aight ok, lol you can you just don't do enough. Don't sit there in the exam writing out every word like you rewriting the bible then maybe you'll learn to write faster lols

Either way, your problem, not the exam boards
RAP MON AND ZICO WERE IN THE SAME UNDERGROUND? HOLY DAMN FVCK, HOW COME I DONT KNOW XD
AND YASSS ZICO IS MY BIAS IN BLOCK B, HES AMAZING, HIS PERSONALITY IS AMAZING, HES JUST MWAHH
and sorry is by super junior, imo its a stupid song but i like it because it's stupid xD
you might have a different opinion tho lol

Spoiler

OP - you just need to practice papers. Wasting time on one Q does nothing to help you.
It's easier to gain average marks doing all Qs, than gain perfect marks doing one, and then failing the others by running out of time. Think of it as an increasing curve, the difficulty in gaining full marks (for essays in particular) increase drastically - thus your time is best spent ensuring ALL your Qs are done.
Figure out, if possible, how much time you have to do each Q and stick to it. Plan each at the start to save time.
All this applies when you get to uni to if you go.
Original post by rxns_00
So you're speaking from personal experience now are you

So your excuse of choice is the "no matter why I do I can't write faster"

Aight ok, lol you can you just don't do enough. Don't sit there in the exam writing out every word like you rewriting the bible then maybe you'll learn to write faster lols

Either way, your problem, not the exam boards

easy for you to criticise when it's not you struggling.
RAP MON AND ZICO WERE IN THE SAME UNDERGROUND? HOLY DAMN FVCK, HOW COME I DONT KNOW XD
AND YASSS ZICO IS MY BIAS IN BLOCK B, HES AMAZING, HIS PERSONALITY IS AMAZING, HES JUST MWAHH
and sorry is by super junior, imo its a stupid song but i like it because it's stupid xD
you might have a different opinion tho lol

Spoiler

OH MY SDGVSBAJCHKSJDBNCOSJDLKX
THIS BETTER NOT BE FORGED EVIDENCE
THE TWO YOUNGEST MEMBERS ARE TOGETHER??
FOR REALS??

I don't really like Super Juniors that much. They're really old as well.
The oldest I can handle is my bae G-Dragon.
easy for you to criticise when it's not you struggling.

Jesus don't cry over it, some people write faster and they finish their exams early and they have an advantage and yet no one complains. Some people write slower. Writing too slow to get your target grade? Practice till your hand drops off instead of feeling sorry for yourself
Original post by Inazuma
OP - you just need to practice papers. Wasting time on one Q does nothing to help you.
It's easier to gain average marks doing all Qs, than gain perfect marks doing one, and then failing the others by running out of time. Think of it as an increasing curve, the difficulty in gaining full marks (for essays in particular) increase drastically - thus your time is best spent ensuring ALL your Qs are done.
Figure out, if possible, how much time you have to do each Q and stick to it. Plan each at the start to save time.
All this applies when you get to uni to if you go.

Spoiler

LOL!

Spoiler

It's easy to manage time if you've practiced past papers with timing.
My personal tactic is that I look at the number of questions I'm given or number of pages and I divide the total time by that.
That way I know how long I can spend on each question/page.
Honestly, you should see what works for you.

SEE? I've CONTRIBUTED to your cause. And possibly helped you out immensely.
OH MY SDGVSBAJCHKSJDBNCOSJDLKX
THIS BETTER NOT BE FORGED EVIDENCE
THE TWO YOUNGEST MEMBERS ARE TOGETHER??
FOR REALS??

I don't really like Super Juniors that much. They're really old as well.
The oldest I can handle is my bae G-Dragon.

ok phew i didnt pull a SJ string
and lol ikr! G-Dragon is too bae to get old xDD
and ok i exaggerated they're not together but they kinda made out..lol

Spoiler

Original post by DeepMeaning
My knowledge is completely fine when it comes to exams and I usually know and understand most of the content + context that they're asking about, time management however....I am completely s*** at it!

It's either that I write too much for one question (to make sure that I nailed it) but it just results in me not having enough time to do the rest of the questions on the paper, or it's that I get nervous over the time that I have left during the exam, which my nervousness makes me panic then my mind just goes into one heap of madness and results in me writing slower.

I've always had this problem ever since my GCSE's - no matter how much I do past papers, it's really rare for myself to finish my exams, and I'm scared that it would result in me getting bad grades because I've worked so hard for my AS this year so I want to get the grades that I fully deserve...

Any advice? :frown:

Try going to the learning support department at your school- they might be able to give you some advice or get you 25% extra time- I have extra time partly because I have the exact same issue as you!! Good luck! x
Original post by rxns_00
Jesus don't cry over it, some people write faster and they finish their exams early and they have an advantage and yet no one complains. Some people write slower. Writing too slow to get your target grade? Practice till your hand drops off instead of feeling sorry for yourself

I do try. It doesn't work. I'm not crying over it but people who criticise me when they don't know me really piss me off!

Spoiler

Original post by rxns_00
Now you gonna have everyone applying for extra time because of one comment. You won't be getting extra time unless you've got extenuating circumstances like actual dyslexia that affects how quickly you can work through an exam paper. You had months to work on your time management and if you still haven't sorted it then well tough really, keep doing past papers and maybe it'll help for the last few exams

Just FYI, there's a girl at my school who's not dyslexic but writes r e a l l y slowly and she has Extra Time.
I do try. It doesn't work. I'm not crying over it but people who criticise me when they don't know me really piss me off!

Spoiler

I'm not even bothered enough to criticise you, you do what you want lol I'm just saying it's annoying when people cry over it then don't help themselves and just rely on help from the exam board or somet

Original post by cazzers123
Just FYI, there's a girl at my school who's not dyslexic but writes r e a l l y slowly and she has Extra Time.

You're emphasising how extreme it is then fair enough. But if people run out of time just cause they spend too long on one question its their fault lmao
ok phew i didnt pull a SJ string
and lol ikr! G-Dragon is too bae to get old xDD
and ok i exaggerated they're not together but they kinda made out..lol

Spoiler

Woah man.
Just woah.
It's just fanservice isn't it?

I've seen Taeil and B Bomb making out.
By accident.
In some compilation of fanservice videos of kpop idols kissing XDD
Have you tried bulletpointing the key facts.
If you go over time , leave it, go onto the next question and come back at the end
Woah man.
Just woah.
It's just fanservice isn't it?

I've seen Taeil and B Bomb making out.
By accident.
In some compilation of fanservice videos of kpop idols kissing XDD

noo but the first couple with the glasses girl faked making out, but zelo and po proper kissed like A FULL BLOODY KISS like bruh come on xD

Quick Reply

Latest