Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did I pick the wrong poem? AQA English Literature Conflict Unit 2 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahbarrow)
    Using a personal experience and inner monologue and speech, in both poems. How the structure of the poems present someone in a difficult time - such as enjambment. Contrast of rhyme and set line structure in Out of the Blue with difference in Poppies.The symbolism of a bird in both poems, but difference in meaning.The difference in the themes of the poems as Poppies is trying to relate whereas Out of the Blue is showing the disconnect between reader and speaker.That's all I can remember.What about you?
    I wrote about the use of a metaphor in Poppies 'Gelled blackthorns of your hair' and how it was a religious connotation linking to when Jesus wore the Crown of blackthorns. I linked this to the use of personification in Out of the Blue. I wrote about the use of structural devices in both poems. Enjambment in Poppies and repetition in Out of the Blue to help exemplify the severity of the difficult times being described.However, I am not too keen that what wrote was exactly perceptive as I'm sure a lot of other people wrote similar things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RevisionGuide)
    I wrote about the use of a metaphor in Poppies 'Gelled blackthorns of your hair' and how it was a religious connotation linking to when Jesus wore the Crown of blackthorns. I linked this to the use of personification in Out of the Blue. I wrote about the use of structural devices in both poems. Enjambment in Poppies and repetition in Out of the Blue to help exemplify the severity of the difficult times being described.However, I am not too keen that what wrote was exactly perceptive as I'm sure a lot of other people wrote similar things
    I haven't heard of many people comparing these two poems, but that sounds good. I am more confident with the stories anyway and find poetry harder but quite liked this question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahbarrow)
    I haven't heard of many people comparing these two poems, but that sounds good. I am more confident with the stories anyway and find poetry harder but quite liked this question.
    Me too Did you do AIC an OMAM AQA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RevisionGuide)
    Me too Did you do AIC an OMAM AQA?
    Nope, I did short stories anthology (sunlight on the grass) & Mr. Pip AQA.

ReputationRep:
    I did Poppies and Come on, come back. Probably a stupid choice, why didn't I do out of the blue!? Did anyone else do come on, come back. I loved the Wilfred Owen poem though, I was literally grinning as I read it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.