Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    because you take the values that are concordant only
    This. Values should be within 0.1

(Original post by DaVinciGirl)
    That's also true, but I took it as you know what mass you need to make the solution. It was a six marker, so if that didn't need to be included, I'm not sure what the other marks were needed to be.
    well i truly hope that the mark scheme will be kind in that question... there was a similar practical procedure question about distillation in the 2nd specimen paper and if i recall correctly the mark scheme wasn't really specific about marking points :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    Isn't the MPC question about the sulfuric acid D? because i remember it was between KOH and Ba(OH)2?
    if H2SO4 reacted with KOH it would form K2SO4 and H2O, and that would need to be balanced to 2KOH.
    but when H2SO4 reacted with Ba(OH)2 there was no need to balance and the moles of the barium hydroxide was 0.05 as well?
    Oh I believe you're right. I forgot which one I put down for that one, either it was D or A. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Do we not use solutions during chemistry for other practicals?
    I was trying to apply it to the experiment itself. But who knows... up to AQA to decide the points for the six marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gswp)
    no, only two values
    Oh **** how many marks will lose? Got 149 for the second part though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gswp)
    This. Values should be within 0.1
    Oh I wasn't taught that reason. I'll add that into my notes a bit later. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemondtan)
    Oh **** how many marks will lose? Got 149 for the second part though
    to be honest i nearly did the same mistake lol. But i think you'd lose maybe 1 mark, 2 max. AQA did it on purpose to trick students so a they'll award a mark at least as many people will have done the same i assume

ReputationRep:
    Oh I wasn't taught that reason. I'll add that into my notes a bit later. Thank you.
    yeah... i only came across it during the required practical when my teacher told us to ignore values not within 0.1cm^3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gswp)
    yeah... i only came across it during the required practical when my teacher told us to ignore values not within 0.1cm^3
    Quite annoying, but all well. Now all my friends lost marks on that question

ReputationRep:
    If we used all 4 values from the table when calculating the titre mean, is everything wrong? including the next question about Mr?

for pv=nrt what was the appropriate number of significant figures? all the values given were in 3 s.f. but temperature was 300K and i wasn't sure if that was 3sf or 1, so i put my final answer as 1sf..

(Original post by hbaig27)
    If we used all 4 values from the table when calculating the titre mean, is everything wrong? including the next question about Mr?
    i'm sure you'd get error carried forward? what did you get as your answer for Mr?

ReputationRep:
    Quite annoying, but all well. Now all my friends lost marks on that question
    Have to thank you for this mark scheme though - much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haes)
    i'm sure you'd get error carried forward? what did you get as your answer for Mr?
    I got 57, which i know is wrong because the answer is 147 or something. My moles calculated was 9.9x10^-3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gswp)
    to be honest i nearly did the same mistake lol. But i think you'd lose maybe 1 mark, 2 max. AQA did it on purpose to trick students so a they'll award a mark at least as many people will have done the same i assume
    lol I thought the trick was the 'rough titre' but AQA aren't that stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nechromatic)
    I'm sorry but the first question is wrong its actually: 1s2, 2s2, 2p6, 3s2, 3p6, 4s2, 3d1.
    No it isn't even though the 4s shell fill before 3d, 4s is the outer shell so electrons are lost from it

ReputationRep:
    Did the ionisation energy question say it needed state symbols?

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for the percentage question before the multiple choice question?
    I got like 26/29%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbaig27)
    Did the ionisation energy question say it needed state symbols?
    No but they expect you to add them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.aaa)
    What did you guys get for the percentage question before the multiple choice question?
    I got like 26/29%
    I personally got 35.5%

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.