Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A man who,beyond the age of 26, finds himself on a bus can count himself as a failure Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Thatcher was a failure in humanity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't speak ill of the dead :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Don't speak ill of the dead :mad:
    Too soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Too soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She passed away three years ago :gasp: how time flies

ReputationRep:
    She passed away three years ago :gasp: how time flies
    Where were you when Thatcher died??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britishtf2)
    Completely absurd, but I don't know what else to expect from the dead *****. ^^
    She never said that. Do some research before posting stupid comments. The same goes for all the morons who liked your comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anno007)
    She never said that. Do some research before posting stupid comments. The same goes for all the morons who liked your comment.
    Tfw a joke gets you mad.

Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britishtf2)
    Tfw a joke gets you mad.

Lol
    Great joke - calling someone a dead ***** in false pretence. It would be a joke if the context was true or exaggerated.

ReputationRep:
    But the thing is, in places like central London it is WAY faster to use buses and trains to get to places. While people in their cars are sitting in traffic for 20 minutes, or busy trying to find a parking spot for oxford street (and there NEVER is one, and if you do find one you need a permit ), you've already gone to Oxford street and finished your shopping

maybe at the time it wasn't so bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anno007)
    Great joke - calling someone a dead ***** in false pretence. It would be a joke if the context was true or exaggerated.
    My comment was never meant to be taken seriously. Sorry if you took it that way.

ReputationRep:
    the Inbetweeners had a robust opinion on people waiting at the bus stop....

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't use a car for major inner city travel. But I have to say despite having no issue with public transport, once you are driving it gives so much freedom you almost didn't realise you needed until you have it.

ReputationRep:
    Patience is key
    Well yeah but no one has it. It get's worse with every generation but that's capitalism hey!

one first class ticket to Dubai please

Sure, and unicorns don't exist.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    this is a stupid quote. I have a driving license, and I can afford a car but I don't want to own one simply because why not using transport ? And you can't even find a parking in Paris -.- I'm 20 tho

ReputationRep:
    It seems this quote was misattributed to her
    Come on, she was bad enough without us adding in extra stupid things for her to say..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    Is this true in your view? That is a Margaret Thatcher quote by the way from 1986.

I have never owned a car, I am 25. I don't own a car because I find public transport is fine and I am saving up all of my money for my business and investments.
    my bf is basically 25 and found himself on a bus as hecouldnt drive his car due to a loose bit of bone in his ankle so couldnt drive.
    his not a failure and is doing incredibly well for himself in the military
    i dont agree with her statement

ReputationRep:
    If a person wants a car, no issue. If a person travels by public transport, no issue.

If a man can't afford a car, no issue. If a man doesn't want a car because it's less environmentally friendly, no issue. If a man sees more to life than how impressive his automobile looks to others, no issue.

ReputationRep:
    That's a spectacularly stupid quote.

ReputationRep:
    No one is a failure in life, everyone has faced some kind of difficulty. Failure to one is success to another. Never under estimate anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Im nearly 22, Ive been taking driving lessons for over a year, already feeling like a failure and cant wait to get on the road. I have my driving test in 3 weeks.

Ive seen 26 year olds without a car and happy without one. Some people are different I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Where were you when Thatcher died??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably at home :dontknow:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.