Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astro_Joe)
    I may be remembering wrong, but if the product was an aldehyde, a carboxylic acid or a ketone, then the answer was definitely acidified potassium dichromate and heat with reflux/distillation.
    It was the reaction of carboxylic acid which made something else which had a -diol and 2 double oxygen bonds ....... So it couldn't be K2Cr2O7 because that's for oxidation of an alcohol to form a carboxylic acid

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairebear101)
    i swear it was a dehydrated Di-ol
    Dehydration would be going from an alcohol to an alkene, but this was oxidisation of the alcohol to a carboxylic acid. I think :P

ReputationRep:
    hmm... I sat for the same paper, but the questions seem different. Was there a weird Iodine monochloride titration question in Section C of your paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Florent venhari)
    It was the reaction of carboxylic acid which made something else which had a -diol and 2 double oxygen bonds ....... So it couldn't be K2Cr2O7 because that's for oxidation of an alcohol to form a carboxylic acid

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Actually, now that I remember, it was the reaction of a diol to form a dicarboxylic acid. Which I think does react in that way.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah i rushed and just saw a double bond and thought it was dehydration ;/ will i get a mark for saying heat under reflux? :/

ReputationRep:
    who else got that that for one of the first questions there ere nly 3 ismoers? and who else got -77.2 for hess cycle?

ReputationRep:
    who else got that that for one of the first questions there ere nly 3 ismoers? and who else got -77.2 for hess cycle?
    I got a positive number in the 70s ?? See, i didn't know which way the arrows were supposed to go so I did it like it was a formation reaction

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a positive number in the 70s ?? See, i didn't know which way the arrows were supposed to go so I did it like it was a formation reaction

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hmm i put both the arrows down wards and so did a few others i know as well but i dunno

ReputationRep:
    I got all 4 but Im not sure if they're correct:

1) CH3-CH2-CH2-CH2-CH2(OH)

2) CH3-CH2-CH(CH3)-CH2(OH)

3) (CH3)3-C-CH2(OH)

4) (OH)CH2-CH2-CH(CH3)-CH3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got all 4 but Im not sure if they're correct:

1) CH3-CH2-CH2-CH2-CH2(OH)

2) CH3-CH2-CH(CH3)-CH2(OH)

3) (CH3)3-C-CH2(OH)

4) (OH)CH2-CH2-CH(CH3)-CH3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    tbh i cant emeber if i got 4 now, oh well only 1 mark, more the other questions i am worried aobut! what did everyone put for the praticals

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for question 2 (a). It was to name the E/Z isomer. I think I put A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think it was the D because the higher priority groups were on the same side and the groups on either side with different so it had to be Z-...
    I think, correct me if I'm wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zak_121)
    I think it was the D because the higher priority groups were on the same side and the groups on either side with different so it had to be Z-...
    I think, correct me if I'm wrong
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465578953.406445.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  86.3 KB

Here's the drawing of it

I swear A was Z-2-bromo-1-chloroprop-1ene ????

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did the Chlorine in question one have a sigma bond right? And it was homolytic fission????

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is there a thread for the 6CH02 paper edexcel?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465578953.406445.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  86.3 KB

Here's the drawing of it

I swear A was Z-2-bromo-1-chloroprop-1ene ????

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh it was that I can't remember the letter😂
    I remember D for one of the questions tho

ReputationRep:
    How did you find the whole paper in general, how many marks do you think you got?

Did the Chlorine in question one have a sigma bond right? And it was homolytic fission????

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zak_121)
    Yh it was that I can't remember the letter😂
    I remember D for one of the questions tho
    I think D was the one before it! 🤗🤗🤗The sigma bond and homolytic fission for the Cl2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the answer, I think to the dehydrating agent multiple mark question? I think I put Na2SO4, which was D? I can't remember the options. I just remember reading that H2SO4 is a good dehydrating agent in a book and Na2SO4 seems similar?????????

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was sodium chloride which was A

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.