Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciemorgan1999)
    Am I the only person who thought the paper was quite difficult?
    Tbh a lot of people are saying it was the same however they tried to confuse people on the CRVs where there is pdf and cdf.
    Apart from that I knew there was going to be a dodgy question on it.
    There is no clear information as the Expected Profit which I was looking at for well over 30mins

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person who thought the paper was quite difficult?
    At the end of everthing whether or not you think it was a hard exam is your opinion. Since you have been using student room I have no doubt you will get an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths is Life)
    At the end of everthing whether or not you think it was a hard exam is your opinion. Since you have been using student room I have no doubt you will get an A
    Don't get me wrong, there were loads of easy questions but I find there's normally only one or two horrible questions but I felt there were quite a lot in this paper

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong, there were loads of easy questions but I find there's normally only one or two horrible questions but I felt there were quite a lot in this paper
    I think they were trying to mess with my OCD on the final question. They asked for F(x), then to work out k, then E(X), then the median, then F(1.5). Surely the F(x) part was put in the wrong place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twadebarcelona)
    I think they were trying to mess with my OCD on the final question. They asked for F(x), then to work out k, then E(X), then the median, then F(1.5). Surely the F(x) part was put in the wrong place.
    Exactly😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when Mathemateg will have their worked solutions uploaded? They had them within a couple of hours for C1 and C2.

ReputationRep:
    Miss Morgan if you think there were more than a couple horrible questions you were not prepared enough.

Or simply its not your day.

ReputationRep:
    Miss Morgan if you think there were more than a couple horrible questions you were not prepared enough.

Savage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Victoria136)
    Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?
    have you found it yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Victoria136)
    Savage
    No I never meant it to harm.
    Miss Morgan is an intelligent gal.

Its because Im stupid and I feel like I lost 2 marks 👌👍😉

However I think I lost up 13 marks on C3 because of lazy mistakes.

ReputationRep:

I'd have to agree there😂 I've lost around 8/9 marks so hopefully it won't effect my grade too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Although it always brilliant to a see 100UMS on your results all you need worry for is C3. If you know your stuff you should be able to ace C4👌👍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nh98)
    have you found it yet?
    Nope :/

ReputationRep:
    I was also wondering the answer to this one, I done 1/8*1/3 since the probability of Jack is 1/8 and the chance of being in the committee is 1/3, hence the probability of being Jack AND in the committee would be the two values multiplied. But I'm not sure since it was combinations haha😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwoThirds;[url="tel:65835329")
    65835329[/url]]I was also wondering the answer to this one, I done 1/8*1/3 since the probability of Jack is 1/8 and the chance of being in the committee is 1/3, hence the probability of being Jack AND in the committee would be the two values multiplied. But I'm not sure since it was combinations haha😁
    It was 8C2/9C3 it came up on another past paper not long ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieNorth)
    It was 8C2/9C3 it came up on another past paper not long ago
    Are you 100% sure? 9?? Im not sure you remember the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieNorth)
    I'm not 100% on the numbers, but that's the method you do
    Ahh well thats the same answer as everyone else👌👍😀.
    7C2/8C3. Because 1C1 is already 1

ReputationRep:
    Ahh well thats the same answer as everyone else👌👍😀.
    7C2/8C3. Because 1C1 is already 1
    I love how we can all answer the 8 mark questions without any problems then as soon as there's a supposedly easy 2 mark question, no one has a clue how to do it :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's always the lower mark questions that trip you up haha! Question 9 was nice this year compared to previous years mind

ReputationRep:
    has anyone found the mark scheme for this yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.