Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why we should ban PE in school Watch

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only one that genuinely enjoyed every PE lesson?

ReputationRep:
    Why ban PE. It's a doss lesson and you could just play football, rugby and have a laugh with your mates. Just a chill lesson really.

ReputationRep:
    I see that you're still alive, after months from not cumming on this site.

ReputationRep:
    I think there should be PE, with a bit more variety and imagination as to what the sports are. There should also be an adequate time to change before and afterwards, and the appropriate equipment where needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanHardy)
    PE is my favourite class. Who wouldn't want to play football for an hour in school.
    Me. What is the point in it? I would rather be doing anything but sports. It should totally be optional it is literally the bane of my school life, the only subject that I can say I undoubtedly hate. Just why would you willingly put yourself through that? People get violent, competitive and aggressive, it just brings out the worst in people. Also you get projectile, dangerous objects flying towards you- that is a true health and safety risk and should be banned.

Ok, rant over, Sorry everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MBenjamin)
    same, but I still aim to exercise everyday!
    :dumbells:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niv1234)
    Me. What is the point in it? I would rather be doing anything but sports. It should totally be optional it is literally the bane of my school life, the only subject that I can say I undoubtedly hate. Just why would you willingly put yourself through that? People get violent, competitive and aggressive, it just brings out the worst in people. Also you get projectile, dangerous objects flying towards you- that is a true health and safety risk and should be banned.

Ok, rant over, Sorry everyone.
    That's your opinion, as your entitled to. I don't see why it should be banned though, just because you don't like sports. I hate maths, but I still have to do that. Do you suggest removing maths from the curriculum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namita Gurung)
    :dumbells:
    what?

ReputationRep:
    I miss when they made us run a mile every day in primary school. I was fairly decent. Now I'm dangerously unfit. I hated a lot of P.E. and did terribly (level 2 lmao) but some of it was good and I think it should stay compulsory before GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BirdIsWord)
    Nope, PE lessons are the highlight of my week at school

ReputationRep:
    what?
    Coz you know, you said that you aim to exercise everyday... so it's an emoji of someone working out (lifting dumbbells)

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to ban it? It is (was) the highlight of my week to pelt people with dodge balls as hard as possible to release some of my (considerable) built up aggression at them/my life. I agree with giving people choice as to what they do but it should still be compulsory and people should be encouraged to at least try and enjoy it, though I do understand why you might not if you were not good at it, though there is certainly at least one sport you can be at least ok at.

ReputationRep:
    That's your opinion, as your entitled to. I don't see why it should be banned though, just because you don't like sports. I hate maths, but I still have to do that. Do you suggest removing maths from the curriculum
    preach that 👊 🙌 👏

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namita Gurung)
    Coz you know, you said that you aim to exercise everyday... so it's an emoji of someone working out (lifting dumbbells)
    ohh sorry lol 😂

ReputationRep:
    No. PE should be compulsory.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I totally agree, I did say somewhere else on here that I think it should be optional they just shouldn't force us to do it. Yes, you are of course entitled to your opinion too. Sorry if I seemed rude earlier, I didn't mean it that way at all.

ReputationRep:
    ohh sorry lol 😂
    S'cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niv1234)
    Yes I totally agree, I did say somewhere else on here that I think it should be optional they just shouldn't force us to do it. Yes, you are of course entitled to your opinion too. Sorry if I seemed rude earlier, I didn't mean it that way at all.
    It's cool. I just think that's its quite important to have PE at school. Child obesity is on the rise and if running around for an hour every couple of days helps, then how is that a bad thing. I mean its not a lot of exercise is it? If anything, we should have PE at least once a day.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by BirdIsWord)
    yes u r not normal

ReputationRep:
    I miss PE

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.