Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want to see what a Femanist looks like? Watch

ReputationRep:
    To all the people who have posted pictures of beautiful, strong women who identify as feminists but use their pictures to forward the idea of only 'ugly' women being feminists because they don't conform to your standards of beauty - you are the embodiment of the perpetuating misogyny and patriarchal values that the entire notion of feminism was created to fight against. The notion was created, in its truest form, not for the superiority-craven woman but for parity, for equity, for the equal treatment of all people regardless of gender, race, class. If you disagree with the ideology of equality, of your mother, sister, aunty, grandma deserving the same rights, the same freedom, the same privileges that are afforded to you inherently because of your genitalia, then you are opposing basic human rights and your character is more defined by that opinion that you hold than by anything else that you say.

And for all of those who use the derogatory 'feminazi' - associating a belief in equality to a man whose heinous crimes including massacring millions of innocent people based on religion also says a lot about you.

By attributing ugliness to the beautiful women who identify as feminists, you are being an ********.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Listers)
    I do agree that PJW is far far from perfect and makes a hell of mistakes, like when he said ST George was fighting ISLAMIC invaders in the 3rd century etc, but the majority of his videos are well researched and very informative.
    Just look at the video she's posted.

He's a smart man and has good points to make. I enjoyed one article where he talks about the empty camps in Saudi arabia and how they're not letting any migrants in. However the tone he uses and the way he skews what he says makes me feel as if he's asserting and forcing his opinions on people rather than actually present the facts as it is, which i think would make him far better. He's seems far too right wing for my liking.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a feminist mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    Edgy =/= incorrect. He still sources though, which is better than 75% of youtube.
    The point is he skews and exaggerates it. I've mentioned that already. He exaggerates it in such a way that suits his contrarian agenda.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolatmaths)
    The point is he skews and exaggerates it. I've mentioned that already. He exaggerates it in such a way that suits his contrarian agenda.
    Which we agree on to an extent. Doesn't make him incorrect.

ReputationRep:
    Which we agree on to an extent. Doesn't make him incorrect.
    As i said, i never said he's necessarily incorrect ( he is in some cases, apparently the st georges flag is banned now). But skewing it can blur the real story of it all which is quite typical of contrarians and is ultimately counter productive.

ReputationRep:
    As i said, i never said he's necessarily incorrect ( he is in some cases, apparently the st georges flag is banned now). But skewing it can blur the real story of it all which is quite typical of contrarians and is ultimately counter productive.
    Alright, I can understand that. I think that he is a useful voice though, since it provides a stark contrast against the more establishment interpretations.

ReputationRep:
    Alright, I can understand that. I think that he is a useful voice though, since it provides a stark contrast against the more establishment interpretations.
    Of course, i dont dispute that. We do need people like him to voice his very different opinions and funnily enough i do agree with some of his stuff (even if i do put on a display that i hate him). People are so scared of voicing their own opinions that can be dangerous in the future since it can mean people build up fear and hatred. He essentially prevents this in a weird way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clintbarton)
    To all the people who have posted pictures of beautiful, strong women who identify as feminists but use their pictures to forward the idea of only 'ugly' women being feminists because they don't conform to your standards of beauty - you are the embodiment of the perpetuating misogyny and patriarchal values that the entire notion of feminism was created to fight against. The notion was created, in its truest form, not for the superiority-craven woman but for parity, for equity, for the equal treatment of all people regardless of gender, race, class. If you disagree with the ideology of equality, of your mother, sister, aunty, grandma deserving the same rights, the same freedom, the same privileges that are afforded to you inherently because of your genitalia, then you are opposing basic human rights and your character is more defined by that opinion that you hold than by anything else that you say.

And for all of those who use the derogatory 'feminazi' - associating a belief in equality to a man whose heinous crimes including massacring millions of innocent people based on religion also says a lot about you.

By attributing ugliness to the beautiful women who identify as feminists, you are being an ********.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Judge things by their actions not their definition.

So because people find ugly people ugly that is patriarchy?

I think I've found something written by you.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 33
Size:  48.7 KB

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The only part of feminism that i agree with is being against the misogyny created from western beauty standards. But the same is being done to men too, through beauty standards created by women and men. It works both ways.

ReputationRep:
    I say to hell with feminist ideology.

I like to man spread my legs, play video games that objectify women, speak my mind and to hell if some weak lemming got triggered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    I say to hell with feminist ideology.

I like to man spread my legs, play video games that objectify women, speak my mind and to hell if some weak lemming got triggered.

I think you'll enjoy this. (i disagree with what he is saying)

ReputationRep:

I think you'll enjoy this. (i disagree with what he is saying)
    You only need to go onto mumnet or dating sites where women are moaning they havent found mr right. Most of it is because Femanist idealogy has made them into people unable to attain the impossible.

Mr Right in Womens eyes these days is a non-masculine male who has zero to little need for intercourse and will be as loving and sedimental as a women.

ReputationRep:
    You only need to go onto mumnet or dating sites where women are moaning they havent found mr right. Most of it is because Femanist idealogy has made them into people unable to attain the impossible.

Mr Right in Womens eyes these days is a non-masculine male who has zero to little need for intercourse and will be as loving and sedimental as a women.
    lool so apparently men cant put standards upon women but women can.

Its always sad seeing feminists force their standards upon women.

ReputationRep:
    lool so apparently men cant put standards upon women but women can.

Its always sad seeing feminists force their standards upon women.
    I am sort of done with British and European Women to be honest. I think I am going to look overseas to places where Social Justice and Feminism has not effected.

ReputationRep:
    I am sort of done with British and European Women to be honest. I think I am going to look overseas to places where Social Justice and Feminism has not effected.
    where? Saudi arabia?

ReputationRep:
    where? Saudi arabia?
    Russian territories, Asia and Australia.

ReputationRep:
    That's a feminist.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    While I agree that it is childish and wrong to mock people's appearances, women do it to men all the time in exactly the same way. Therefore it is nothing to do with misogyny or patriarchy,

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/nero/status/737794104851988480

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.