Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Im not happy as a muslim watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really do believe in Islam
    But I'm just never happy being known as a muslim, I have so many restrictions on my life, I'm not allowed to socially interact with non muslims by my parents orders and my muslim friends encourage me not to. I don't have any non muslim friends but they seem so nice on the streets and just in public.

I don't like to interact with my muslims they always make me more depressed than I already am.

are there any non muslims here who would like to converse with me, Id really like to know what makes you happy
    Dude. My advice for you is to educate yourself.
    Islam isn't depressing.
    Your parents are too strict.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with happiness, and having fun. If it doesn't contain anything haram like free mixing and what not.
    There's no such rule specifying to stay away from non-muslims.

Educate yourself and learn about Islam.
    Teach your parents.
    They're in the wrong here. Not Islam.
    Because the Islam I was brought up with was a very pure and enjoyable religion.
    It revolved around love and happiness.

Islam isn't the issue here.
    It's the absence, the lack of islamic knowledge that is.

I truly am sorry for making this thread, so sorry, i just wanted to talk to a non muslim, im so sorry

ReputationRep:
    But I'm just never happy being known as a muslim, I have so many restrictions on my life, I'm not allowed to socially interact with non muslims by my parents orders and my muslim friends encourage me not to. I don't have any non muslim friends but they seem so nice on the streets and just in public.

I don't like to interact with my muslims they always make me more depressed than I already am.

are there any non muslims here who would like to converse with me, Id really like to know what makes you happy
    Can you actually seriously consider what I'm about to say?

Ok, you believe in Islam, in the existence of Allah. I won't dispute that for you.

You can still believe in the existence of Allah without following the Qur'an and giving Him authority over your life.

So if you do what you want, do what makes you happier, then you're not going against the founding principle of this post.

Please can you reply and say your thoughts on this solution?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animeamanda1412)
    if you don't wanna be a Muslim then don't, no need to make it public and make Islam criticised more than it already is
    Easier said than done:

"If they turn their backs, take them, and slay them wherever you find them" Quran 4:89

honestly just what the hell. if you want to interact with non-Muslims, then go ahead Allah didn't forbid it and neither did the prophet (saw).
    Uhm, yes he did, quite a lot:

"O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors; they are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them" Quran, 5:51

"Yea, to those who take for friends unbelievers rather than believers: is it honour they seek among them? Nay,- all honour is with God." Quran, 4:139

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    do you really own an english quran and highlight all the quotes against islam? sounds like you do. quran was written in arabic not english. so people interpret it differently. especially since its very old arabic.

i am muslims and i believe in the quran but what i dont believe is that it is against non-muslims. the prophet himself interacted with non-muslims. people nowadays cherry pick what sources they use against religion and its petty. the quran is over 600 pages long with each surah being about a different thing
    So, how do you interpret the verses I quoted?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to jump out my window, so sorry everyone for this thread
    Please don't; you've done absolutely nothing wrong, you've only questioned, a natural state for a human being.

Your life is worth a lot more than you think.

Ignore the people that have probably turned this thread into something aggressive.
    But you still needed a place to express your views.
    Any thing you want to ask, about any part of life, please PM me, and whatever you do don't commit suicide; it is not the answer, especially when you have your entire/whole life ahead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James82)
    Easier said than done:

"If they turn their backs, take them, and slay them wherever you find them" Quran 4:89

Uhm, yes he did, quite a lot:

"O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors; they are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them" Quran, 5:51

"Yea, to those who take for friends unbelievers rather than believers: is it honour they seek among them? Nay,- all honour is with God." Quran, 4:139
    ive never seen this even tho im a muslim,
    you probably got these from a place where they dont even bring the quran with it's true verses
    evidence that God didn't say that...
    1) the prophet (saw)'s uncle was a non believer, but the prophet respected him as anyone would respect their relative and even prayed to Allah so he can protect him
    2) The prophet's neighbor was a non believer and even used to disrespect the prophet by putting his rubbish near the prohet's door, but one the non-believer fell ill, and the prophet went to visit him
    3) we are told by many prophets not to disrespect other religions, and not befriending non muslims is a sign of disrespect itself

im a muslims but i have many friends who aren't muslim but i still talk to them the way i would to my muslim friends
    hell i even have a best friend who is non muslim, does that mean im sinning or going against islam? no
    please get your facts straight because getting random bullsh*t you find over some dodgy website really p*sses me off

ReputationRep:
    No, but hope that Allah grants me death soon
    Don't say things like that!

This is not something to be depressed over.

Make the decision whether you would rather devote your life to Islam, or denounce it and lose these restrictions. If you consistently regret the choice then you've probably made the wrong one. If so, change it. Your life isn't over; it's barely just begun. You have so much to live for and don't chuck this opportunity away.

ReputationRep:
    ive never seen this even tho im a muslim,
    you probably got these from a place where they dont even bring the quran with it's true verses
    evidence that God didn't say that...
    1) the prophet (saw)'s uncle was a non believer, but the prophet respected him as anyone would respect their relative and even prayed to Allah so he can protect him
    2) The prophet's neighbor was a non believer and even used to disrespect the prophet by putting his rubbish near the prohet's door, but one the non-believer fell ill, and the prophet went to visit him
    3) we are told by many prophets not to disrespect other religions, and not befriending non muslims is a sign of disrespect itself

im a muslims but i have many friends who aren't muslim but i still talk to them the way i would to my muslim friends
    hell i even have a best friend who is non muslim, does that mean im sinning or going against islam? no
    please get your facts straight because getting random bullsh*t you find over some dodgy website really p*sses me off
    You've never seen the Quran? If you claim to be a Muslim I suggest you go read it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Don't say things like that!

This is not something to be depressed over.

Make the decision whether you would rather devote your life to Islam, or denounce it and lose these restrictions. If you consistently regret the choice then you've probably made the wrong one. If so, change it. Your life isn't over; it's barely just begun. You have so much to live for and don't chuck this opportunity away.
    Denouncing Islam isn't easy, the punishment for apostasy is death.

(Original post by XcitingStuart)
    You're going to commit suicide?
    smh

its a troll :facepalm

ReputationRep:
    smh

its a troll :facepalm
    I can't morally let myself take a risk like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James82)
    You've never seen the Quran? If you claim to be a Muslim I suggest you go read it.
    i have seen the quran and ive read every surah in there, and nowhere did it say "dont take non-muslims as friends" that is not said in the quran, because if it did, (a'udhu billah) it would go against what the prophet himself did, would that make any sense? no

Get. Your. Facts. Straight.

ReputationRep:
    Then just stop being a Muslim, like stop practising the religion?

ReputationRep:
    Troll 0/10
    Why do annoying people like you accuse people of trolling in situations like this?
    OP just asked for advice and you are acting really ignorant?

I'm so sorry for making this thread, I didn't mean to cause this, I just really wanted to have a conversation with a non muslim. So Sorry
    It's not you fault, don't be indoctrinated by your parents. Don't raise your children like this or isolate yourself either, it's not good for you! You can be a Muslim and be civil with others, for your parents to teach this is ridiculous and extreme.

Don't worry though, when you're older you can be however you like for now, you'll have to abide to their rules but be positive. Learn from your parents mistakes, that's what I do.

ur not one of them non muslims trolls pretending to be a muslim are u :holmes:

they, like me, also have difficulty with capital letters and grammar :yep:
    Why is any post about Muslim a troll? It's just a question gosh

ReputationRep:

your parents are unfair and wrong and what they are saying is wrong , Islam doesn't forbid you from interacting with others or living a social life, your Muslim friends seem really misinformed aswell don't listen to them. Im sorry if this offends you but the people around you are really stupid and are bending the religion to make you depressed. life is much more simple. Muslims are aloud to interact with non Muslims and be social. Use your head and look at the world around you. Don't listen to radicalism or bigotry, find the the center point. That is the truth. If you are not convinced then i feel sorry for you. I am not trolling btw.

ReputationRep:

Why don't people realise you make fake threads?! and thanks for sharing your hate for Islam!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.