Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are humans lives greater than animals? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaya Ramanathan)
    Humans are no better.
    Clearly humans are better at raising other humans than an animal is.

ReputationRep:
    I think you must have read about the gorilla that was killed this week? It wouldn't have turned out that way if the bystanders weren't shouting at the top of their lungs and videoing and snap chatting instead of standing up and doing something wise. Technology had seemed to make us stupid. Like Einstein said that there would come a time when technology would make a fool of us. Its even more depressing to read that the gorilla was killed just before his 17th birthday. Animal are kind animals that keep to themselves and its us who destroy their habitats. There would come a time that all animals would be extinct because we were too hooked up on our iphones not realizing that we are the main contributors and were too busy not to do anything about it!

ReputationRep:
    Actually the food one is classical conditioning as you associate the human with the food. Humans do all sorts of horrible things against their own kind too.
    1. It's operant since the animal has to do something to get the food (positive reinforcement), Classical conditioning is when the animal assosiates the food with a ring of a bell for example.

2. Animals do it because of instinct, whereas humans have reasons as to why they did a certain action. An "evil" human could become a "good" one and vice versa, we have morals and concious where if an average human saw something in pain they would feel bad and try to stop that pain, or at least become negatively affected by it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunethra)
    I think you must have read about the gorilla that was killed this week? It wouldn't have turned out that way if the bystanders weren't shouting at the top of their lungs and videoing and snap chatting instead of standing up and doing something wise. Technology had seemed to make us stupid. Like Einstein said that there would come a time when technology would make a fool of us. Its even more depressing to read that the gorilla was killed just before his 17th birthday. Animal are kind animals that keep to themselves and its us who destroy their habitats. There would come a time that all animals would be extinct because we were too hooked up on our iphones not realizing that we are the main contributors and were too busy not to do anything about it!
    Yeah or maybe the gorilla kills the kid becuase its an animal that is unpredictable

ReputationRep:
    Humans also kill/abuse/give up their children.
    Animals, especially monkeys are also very brutal to their own kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shumaya)
    No one said humans are perfect. But you said 'Animals are loyal, kind and intelligent whilst humans are, well...humans', which implies that animals are.
    To me they are so can everyone please back off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunethra)
    What do you think people should have done about it?

ReputationRep:
    Humans also kill/abuse/give up their children.
    So do non-human animals. E.g. animals reject their offspring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammio)
    Animals, especially monkeys are also very brutal to their own kind.
    Okay well can I kindly ask everyone lets me have my own opinion?

ReputationRep:
    Okay well can I kindly ask everyone lets me have my own opinion?
    you have a stupid opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammio)
    you have a stupid opinion
    That's nice. Okay well I'm done talking now because there's no need to be rude even if you disagree.

Humans routinely sin, they betray the will of Mother Earth. They need to repent and feel remorse, they need to fix their wayward actions, before the Earth throws them up from upon Her face, as She ejected nations preceding us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screwsociety)
    Give me a reason. A FACT and not an OPINION.

Nonne of yous will be able to do it because saying 'humans lives are of greater value than a humans is just an opinion'

**** humans.

I would save the life of an animal over any human anyday.
    The baby had a family whose lives would be greatly affected by the baby's death. The gorilla doesn't. That's all, really.

You sound like a psychopath though [see highlighted part]. Get help.

ReputationRep:
    is this a new greayguy thing?

I believe that both lives are the same.And that if an incident comes that one of the lives should be saved, they should always save both no matter what happens.

ReputationRep:
    If they are that important then why do we eat so much meat?

ReputationRep:
    Yo this isn't even a difficult question to answer. It's called survival instincts mate. Human lives matter more to humans, animal lives matter more to animals. It's as simple as that.
    We form offspring with other humans not other animals. Aint seen a half hamster half human looking person yet, shout me out when you do then I'll take back my statement.

ReputationRep:

Nonne of yous will be able to do it because saying 'humans lives are of greater value than a humans is just an opinion'

**** humans.

What does 'greater' mean?

ReputationRep:
    The better question to ask is:

Why is Harambe's life so much 'greater' than the millions of chickens, cows & pigs killed everyday?

Why do people get so up-in-arms about this gorilla and arn't starting hashtags over #justicefordaisythecow?

The gorilla gives you an emotional response whereas the thousands of animals slaughtered everyday don't give you an emotional response. That's why people care.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

**** humans.

It's actually to do with our brain size. Humans have to be born at an earlier developmental stage physically than most animals due to the size of human heads. Since, unlike most animals, humans need several years of care, it is advantageous for humans to live longer so that grandparents and other older adults can assist with raising the children.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.