Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If it was as hard people put it out to be, no one would do it lol. It's not the content that causes problems, people just go into AS with the GSCE mindset that you can get away with no revision and still do decent. It's doable if you're willing to work hard - and that goes for every A-Level.

In terms of the maths, there's nothing that difficult. It's all essentially rearranging equations and subbing numbers in. There is a bit of graph work (y=mx+c) and at A2 there's some logs/exponentials. Nothing extreme - the difficulty lies in understanding what numbers to put in which equation. But with most things in life, practice makes perfect...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    I've picked A-level physics for my course next year and lots of people say 'oooh, it's so difficult, blah blah. Do something you're good at etc'.

So, in all honesty, how difficult is A level Physics? Is it a real brain overload?
    Could you give details on how to prepare for it?
    Only do a level physics if you got at least an A at gcse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    I've picked A-level physics for my course next year and lots of people say 'oooh, it's so difficult, blah blah. Do something you're good at etc'.

So, in all honesty, how difficult is A level Physics? Is it a real brain overload?
    Could you give details on how to prepare for it?
    Hey, its difficult ngl, i got an E in AS lol but that was my fault as i went to play football instead of going to lessons but i did all 4 (AS&A2) exams in my second year and got an A overall so if you do go with it i can help whenever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    Lol. GCSE physics is ridiculously easy.
    In what way is it so easy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kryptonian)
    Hi thank you so much!
    I think it is AQA and that's a shame.
    That was one of the main reasons I wanted to learn more about physics...
    I like physics but that is fascinating.
    Was exactly the same for me. You should look into online courses about the universe (try these two websites for starters, have a look around occasionally https://www.edx.org/course https://www.futurelearn.com/courses) for if you decide not to take physics but are still interested - I might sign up for one over the summer, since I still really want to learn about astrophysics but won't get the chance to at school. Do give physics a try if you're interested, it is very hard but very rewarding if you manage it. You can always drop it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    How can you go from a A to and E? Come on man Gcse physics isn't that easy, or are you just stupid?
    You just contradicted yourself. If I was stupid I wouldn't have gotten an A* in what you admittedly think "isn't that easy". Think before you write lol.

(Original post by quinn f)
    Was exactly the same for me. You should look into online courses about the universe (try these two websites for starters, have a look around occasionally https://www.edx.org/course https://www.futurelearn.com/courses) for if you decide not to take physics but are still interested - I might sign up for one over the summer, since I still really want to learn about astrophysics but won't get the chance to at school. Do give physics a try if you're interested, it is very hard but very rewarding if you manage it. You can always drop it
    Hi thank you so much! I will check it out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.