Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Economics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to miss German. I'm still not sure whether I want to take German or Geography next year as my 4th subject. I'm doing science and maths too.

ReputationRep:
    Non because I've taken them all for college!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    Trust me, no you don't. Well physics won't be as bad as it was for other years because ISA's have ****ed off. Unless you're school cheated (like most schools in North london but unfortunately not ours), you'd find it difficult to get a good grade in it. I got 37/50 in one of the ISA past papers.... it was an E.
    But A2 physics still has the optional units which are bs.

Computing is just too much work too. I liked it at GCSE but dropped it for a levels. My friends had to write 110 pages of coursework in a week. Your experience varies depending on if your teacher is actually qualified to teach computer science. Cause our school just hired IT teachers who were worse at coding than some of my friends. Same with a few other schools.

As for chemistry i just found it boring
    Eh? I did do ISAs, and found both Physics and Chemistry quite interesting and not too difficult (and my Physics teacher is a legend).
    I didn't do computer science, just normal IT, and we didn't have a proper teacher in year 10 so in year 11 we ended up doing ECDL which is the easiest thing ever - I will miss IT lessons because it was an hour with a computer.

ReputationRep:
    French
    Latin
    History

I feel like crying, going to miss those subjects and lessons so much .

ReputationRep:
    PE definitely!

NONE. I HATED SCHOOL!

The only subjects I enjoyed are maths/chemistry/physics and they're my A level options so I don't miss anything.

ReputationRep:
    i will miss photography, maths and geography

ReputationRep:
    Really going to miss Physics. It has come to a point where I might take it as an extra AS even though I am already doing 4 so not sure

Going to miss french (I finished it 2 weeks ago when I did my exam) mainly because I loved my class but I was pretty good at it.
    History as well because I absolutely adored it. It was so fascinating!

Sooo happy because I have finished English Lit and Lang completely and after my comp sci exam next Wednesday I will be done with that! Gonna miss my comp sci class though!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    French and German, I love languages!

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, no you don't. Well physics won't be as bad as it was for other years because ISA's have ****ed off. Unless you're school cheated (like most schools in North london but unfortunately not ours), you'd find it difficult to get a good grade in it. I got 37/50 in one of the ISA past papers.... it was an E.

Computing is just too much work too. I liked it at GCSE but dropped it for a levels. My friends had to write 110 pages of coursework in a week. Your experience varies depending on if your teacher is actually qualified to teach computer science. Cause our school just hired IT teachers who were worse at coding than some of my friends. Same with a few other schools.

As for chemistry i just found it boring
    Nah, I actually recently finished sixth form and I took Computer Science, Physics and Mathematics as my highers in the IB. I thoroughly enjoyed Physics as a subject and it will be a shame to not take it on at university.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    none

Ahh yes, I've heard that there's a lot of coursework in Computing, I don't mind coursework though.
    I had a decent teacher at GCSE, he had a real interest in it and it shows in his teaching.

As for physics, I quite like the content we learn. The reformed spec means no ISA's or AS (only a practicals to learn really and a lab book to keep). (I'm in yr12 now btw)
    There isn't much of a jump between AS and A2 content since it's all taught at a consistent level as well.

ReputationRep:
    Actually there's a certain teacher I'll miss:heart:.............Just not the lesson

ReputationRep:
    Physics because its really interesting, but it will be too hard at A level .

ReputationRep:
    I Wanna cry

Im gunna miss music
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Obnox)
    Physics because its really interesting, but it will be too hard at A level .
    On what a level did you drop it? GSCE or AQA? maybe A2? oh yeah, it was quite tough, but also quite interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kennethdcharles;[url="tel:65349515")
    65349515[/url]]Following on from the "happy to never do again thread" I've decided to make this, so we can think of the positives of school too

For me, I'll definitely miss doing biology because it was quite interesting, R.S. because it taught me quite a bit about religion, French because I was good at it and it has helped me to almost be fluent, and Geography; learning about the world is always interesting.
    Astronomy, Chemistry and Media - those were great subjects. Also maybe psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    On what a level did you drop it? GSCE or AQA? maybe A2? oh yeah, it was quite tough, but also quite interesting.
    Decided not to do it for A-levels and did Cambridge IGCSE.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Obnox)
    Decided not to do it for A-levels and did Cambridge IGCSE.
    Fine. What about the other sciences, so Chemistry and Biology? did you drop them too before A-levels?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.