The Student Room Group

Subjects you're going to miss doing

Scroll to see replies

Non because I've taken them all for college! :biggrin:
Reply 41
Original post by Lawliettt
Trust me, no you don't. Well physics won't be as bad as it was for other years because ISA's have ****ed off. Unless you're school cheated (like most schools in North london but unfortunately not ours), you'd find it difficult to get a good grade in it. I got 37/50 in one of the ISA past papers.... it was an E.
But A2 physics still has the optional units which are bs.

Computing is just too much work too. I liked it at GCSE but dropped it for a levels. My friends had to write 110 pages of coursework in a week. Your experience varies depending on if your teacher is actually qualified to teach computer science. Cause our school just hired IT teachers who were worse at coding than some of my friends. Same with a few other schools.

As for chemistry i just found it boring

Eh? I did do ISAs, and found both Physics and Chemistry quite interesting and not too difficult (and my Physics teacher is a legend).
I didn't do computer science, just normal IT, and we didn't have a proper teacher in year 10 so in year 11 we ended up doing ECDL which is the easiest thing ever - I will miss IT lessons because it was an hour with a computer.
French
Latin
History

I feel like crying, going to miss those subjects and lessons so much :frown:.
Reply 43
PE definitely!
NONE. I HATED SCHOOL!

The only subjects I enjoyed are maths/chemistry/physics and they're my A level options so I don't miss anything.
i will miss photography, maths and geography
Really going to miss Physics. It has come to a point where I might take it as an extra AS even though I am already doing 4 so not sure :frown:

Going to miss french (I finished it 2 weeks ago when I did my exam) mainly because I loved my class but I was pretty good at it.
History as well because I absolutely adored it. It was so fascinating!

Sooo happy because I have finished English Lit and Lang completely and after my comp sci exam next Wednesday I will be done with that! Gonna miss my comp sci class though!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
French and German, I love languages!
Trust me, no you don't. Well physics won't be as bad as it was for other years because ISA's have ****ed off. Unless you're school cheated (like most schools in North london but unfortunately not ours), you'd find it difficult to get a good grade in it. I got 37/50 in one of the ISA past papers.... it was an E.

Computing is just too much work too. I liked it at GCSE but dropped it for a levels. My friends had to write 110 pages of coursework in a week. Your experience varies depending on if your teacher is actually qualified to teach computer science. Cause our school just hired IT teachers who were worse at coding than some of my friends. Same with a few other schools.

As for chemistry i just found it boring

Nah, I actually recently finished sixth form and I took Computer Science, Physics and Mathematics as my highers in the IB. I thoroughly enjoyed Physics as a subject and it will be a shame to not take it on at university.

Spoiler

Ahh yes, I've heard that there's a lot of coursework in Computing, I don't mind coursework though. :redface:
I had a decent teacher at GCSE, he had a real interest in it and it shows in his teaching.

As for physics, I quite like the content we learn. The reformed spec means no ISA's or AS (only a practicals to learn really and a lab book to keep). (I'm in yr12 now btw)
There isn't much of a jump between AS and A2 content since it's all taught at a consistent level as well.
Actually there's a certain teacher I'll miss:heart:.............Just not the lesson
Reply 52
Physics because its really interesting, but it will be too hard at A level :frown:.
I Wanna cry

Im gunna miss music :frown:
Original post by Obnox
Physics because its really interesting, but it will be too hard at A level :frown:.

On what a level did you drop it? GSCE or AQA? maybe A2? oh yeah, it was quite tough, but also quite interesting.
[QUOTE=kennethdcharles;65349515]Following on from the "happy to never do again thread" I've decided to make this, so we can think of the positives of school too :biggrin:

For me, I'll definitely miss doing biology because it was quite interesting, R.S. because it taught me quite a bit about religion, French because I was good at it and it has helped me to almost be fluent, and Geography; learning about the world is always interesting.

Astronomy, Chemistry and Media - those were great subjects. Also maybe psychology
Reply 56
Original post by Kallisto
On what a level did you drop it? GSCE or AQA? maybe A2? oh yeah, it was quite tough, but also quite interesting.

Decided not to do it for A-levels and did Cambridge IGCSE.
Original post by Obnox
Decided not to do it for A-levels and did Cambridge IGCSE.

Fine. What about the other sciences, so Chemistry and Biology? did you drop them too before A-levels?
Reply 58
Original post by Bulletzone

In answer to your question, none of them as I hated all my teachers.

Oh god it's the guy who writes in bold to patronise people. Ignore him and he'll go away
citizenship studies

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest