Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I really want to invent a phone watch

ReputationRep:
    Btw dont invent a phone its already been done. Just work for apple if you really want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penelopecrux)
    ok i take back what i said then that really is horrible.

i dont do aqa haha, so i wouldnt know but i do know that mr bruff helped everyone out in a way lmao. apparently the grade boundaries are going to be high because nearly everyone wrote the same thing. so u might be awarded a good grade, eh?
    what do you do then? aha

oh man i hope! considering I didnt watch his prediction video i am a bit worried, but so true everyone used mr bruff so hello C grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    what do you do then? aha

oh man i hope! considering I didnt watch his prediction video i am a bit worried, but so true everyone used mr bruff so hello C grade
    i do wjec, and im literally crying because of the first exam for of mice and men. :/ it was horrible in one of the essays i wrote, 'the fact that george calls lennie a crazy bas** is not good enough in a real friendship... " :/ (the question was about real friendships)

yeah haha, what are u aiming for an A or an A*??
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    So, my dream is Harvard. I need to go to Harvard, I want to do something that will make me the next Steve Jobs. I just want to make people happy with my creation in the future. I am currently 16 years old, and I feel like I want to do this now. I can't wait. I'm ready, determined and I don't know what other word to describe my determination, OH TENACIOUS! (that's a good one ) But yeah, just thought I might share my dream with all you guys, and your thoughts and feelings towards this would really mean a lot to me.
    Steve Jobs didn't go to Harvard. He dropped out of Reed.

If you want the best US unis for tech consider Stanford or MIT rather than Harvard. And our very own Cambridge, Oxford and Imperial (and others) are well worth a look too.

By the way, Jobs gave a great speech at Stanford:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1R-jKKp3NA

ReputationRep:
    i do wjec, and im literally crying because of the first exam for of mice and men. :/ it was horrible in one of the essays i wrote, 'the fact that george calls lennie a crazy bas** is not good enough in a real friendship... " :/ (the question was about real friendships)

yeah haha, what are u aiming for an A or an A*??
    rofl ahaha (im too lazy to insert emoji)

A hopefully, i need at least a B in english language to get into sixth form, so i think i need to aim for an A A* in my language exam cos my CAs were really bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)

If you want the best US unis for tech consider Stanford or MIT rather than Harvard. And our very own Cambridge, Oxford and Imperial (and others) are well worth a look too.

I think the topic is dead and has turned into a discussion about GCSE experiences tbh. I worry about their career as an inventor if this is their typical level of focus :P

ReputationRep:

Steve Jobs is so inspirational
    You're absolutely right.

ReputationRep:
    So, my dream is Harvard. I need to go to Harvard, I want to do something that will make me the next Steve Jobs. I just want to make people happy with my creation in the future. I am currently 16 years old, and I feel like I want to do this now. I can't wait. I'm ready, determined and I don't know what other word to describe my determination, OH TENACIOUS! (that's a good one ) But yeah, just thought I might share my dream with all you guys, and your thoughts and feelings towards this would really mean a lot to me.
    I have a similar dream, to make an invention that can become worldwide - maybe we can collab? :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    rofl ahaha (im too lazy to insert emoji)

A hopefully, i need at least a B in english language to get into sixth form, so i think i need to aim for an A A* in my language exam cos my CAs were really bad
    OMG I need at least an A to get into my sixth form!! I'm literally dying at the thought of it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hafsa473)
    I have a similar dream, to make an invention that can become worldwide - maybe we can collab? :^_^:
    i'll think about it
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Steve Jobs is so inspirational
    You're absolutely right.
    Although he was also not a nice person...

ReputationRep:
    If technology is what you want to do you may want to have a more realistic goal in mind - no one really 'invents' phones, not even Steve Jobs. Jobs was the public face of apple, but just like for the majority of products, especially in the technology industry, there were 1000s of people working on each device, from the cpu to the software to the camera etc etc. As an idea for how many people are involved, the iphone camera has over 200 parts and 800 people working on it. A more realistic goal might be to work for a company such as apple, as you are still essentially 'inventing' stuff, it's just that the stuff you are inventing is a small part of a larger product.

ReputationRep:
    OMG I need at least an A to get into my sixth form!! I'm literally dying at the thought of it :/
    oh damn i'd be crying and applying for colleges cos there would be no way of me getting into sixth form that requires an A GOOD LUCK
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by samb1234)
    If technology is what you want to do you may want to have a more realistic goal in mind - no one really 'invents' phones, not even Steve Jobs. Jobs was the public face of apple, but just like for the majority of products, especially in the technology industry, there were 1000s of people working on each device, from the cpu to the software to the camera etc etc. As an idea for how many people are involved, the iphone camera has over 200 parts and 800 people working on it. A more realistic goal might be to work for a company such as apple, as you are still essentially 'inventing' stuff, it's just that the stuff you are inventing is a small part of a larger product.
    Indeed, and people like Jony Ive (a Brit ) probably had more influence on it than Jobs. And he went to Newcastle Poly (now Northumbria Uni). Definitely not Harvard...

ReputationRep:
    Although he was also not a nice person...
    wait, why was he not a nice person??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    well yeah, i am thinking of working in apple for some time, but i really would love to achieve the same level of success as Jobs.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    wait, why was he not a nice person??
    Mostly because Apple (or rather, his particular vision of Apple) was his life, to the detriment of most of his personal and professional relationships.

It's well documented.

http://gawker.com/5847344/what-every...out-steve-jobs
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Indeed, and people like Jony Ive (a Brit ) probably had more influence on it than Jobs. And he went to Newcastle Poly (now Northumbria Uni). Definitely not Harvard...
    Big fan of Ive :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Cute people have cute dreams

ReputationRep:
    oh damn i'd be crying and applying for colleges cos there would be no way of me getting into sixth form that requires an A GOOD LUCK
    well i was crying after that exam hopefully the second exam i did that went okay is going to bring it all up to an A :/

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.