Turn on thread page Beta

have you ever met someone with your name? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we went to the same mosque to learn the Quran, she was a girl so we'd argue over whether our name is a guys or girls name.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Nope.- The only other one I 'know' of is a character in television/films/comics which I have been reminded of way too many times.

No other parents would subject their child to such torture.

:sheep:

...Having said that, they probably do exist bc I don't think my name is that rare.
    Do you wish the character hadn't been invented so people didnt do that? the only character people have pointed out to me is the heroes character (funny thing is when i marry my boyfriend i'll have the characters exact name).
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Well we used to talk but something happened during a school assembly which was the teachers fault, not mine and now she doesn't talk to me and ignores me as if I was the one at fault :rofl:
    Sounds like a silly thing for her to hold a grudge over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemondtan)
    nope, can safely say that no one has my name (and everyone I've met has never heard of anyone else who has my name)
    I have the same name as an Indian actress so whenever a relative sees me, they squeeze my cheeks and call me her full name :sigh:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yes he was the rudest little **** I've ever encountered

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I know a Verity irl. I wonder if it's you....:beard:
    Are they a twin? :hide:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Carpe Diem Jay)
    I am friends with two brothers whose wive's name's are the same :lol:

Never met anyone with the same name as me. Though my friends have apparently met my doppelganger in both personality and physical appearance which is interesting.
    oh that is interesting, i've never thought about people having doopelgangers. That must make for quite the interesting family dinners for your friends.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same name as an Indian actress so whenever a relative sees me, they squeeze my cheeks and call me her full name :sigh:
    ugh that must be quite annoying I really hate it when people squeeze my cheeks/ mess my hair hahaha
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Yep. Met about four with the same surname as well as first name as me too. My first and last name are the same as an Indian actress too lol so I often use my middle name to differentiate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosemondtan)
    ugh that must be quite annoying I really hate it when people squeeze my cheeks/ mess my hair hahaha
    Oh the hair is the worst. It takes me forever to maintain mine lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    oh that is interesting, i've never thought about people having doopelgangers. That must make for quite the interesting family dinners for your friends.
    True. Never met him though but still cool imo
    Nope.- The only other one I 'know' of is a character in television/films/comics which I have been reminded of way too many times.No other parents would subject their child to such torture.:sheep:...Having said that, they probably do exist bc I don't think my name is that rare.

Yeah, literally the only person with your name I can think of is that comic book character :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Are they a twin? :hide:
    Alas, no. that would have been cool.

ReputationRep:
    Do you wish the character hadn't been invented so people didnt do that? the only character people have pointed out to me is the heroes character (funny thing is when i marry my boyfriend i'll have the characters exact name).
    Well...not really bc that'd be pretty selfish of me but I'd prefer if it wasn't one of the first things people say for the next 6 weeks after they've met me.

+ that's pretty cool. (:

(Original post by Carpe Diem Jay)
    Yeah, literally the only person with your name I can think of is that comic book character :lol:
    :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah a couple of people. The midwife at my birth also had the same name :laugh: my mum didn't name me after her though, she already had my name planned out for months before. I was named after my mum's girl crush and idol at the time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Well...not really bc that'd be pretty selfish of me but I'd prefer if it wasn't one of the first things people say for the next 6 weeks after they've met me.

+ that's pretty cool. (:

:emo:
    6 weeks is a long while, i can understand why you find it annoying

ReputationRep:
    Not my first name but apparently there's an Indian TV show named after me
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Yes but she hates me lmao :rofl:
    :hmmmm2: why would she? :rofl:

Oops.. saw why

ReputationRep:
    Never. Heard of only one other in this country, albeit thousands in the USA (there are probably more I haven't heard of).

ReputationRep:
    6 weeks is a long while, i can understand why you find it annoying
    That was kind of an exaggeration tbf.- More like 3 days and maybe a brief mention after every 3 months. Ahem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    No :sad:
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Loads as my name is common
    Wow like the rapper?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2016
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.