Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You're mistaken. There are around 1.6 billion Muslims. If the 'majority' were terrorists, you'd have more than just than ISIS and Al Qaeda, you'd have a real problem on your hands. More muslims have been affected by terrorist groups than anyone else. You really should check what you're saying before you post it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    Yeah , but I guess hate speech against islam wont abolish the religion will it?
    You have just perfectly exemplified the bigotry and refusal of freedom of speech that those criticising Islam have to struggle against. Nowhere in that quote of mine did I espouse hate speech. I critically examined the state of terrorism using Europol statistics and the Koran based on my (and others') study of it.

This is the power religion has today, courteousy of backwards ultra-liberalist ideals - if you criticise Islam you do so with hate speech and are racist and narrow-minded and unaccepting. Never mind the inequality of women and homosexuals and science at the hand of religion, never mind that almost half of terrorists arrested are religiously motivated, never mind that the highest terror threat is religion-based, never mind the long and painful history of religious oppression on liberal ideals - no, today to be liberal means to not question, and to accept all and sundry with no analysis of particulars and consequences. If we all had this mindset with Christianity, homosexuals would still be in prison, women would still be having back alley abortions, science would still be in the Dark Ages, and freedom of thought and speech would be at best Orwellian.

Speaking out against religion is indeed the quickest road to reformation and then extinction. We have seen this with Christianity which in the UK has been diluted to nothingness - to be a British Christian today is to disregard nearly the entire Bible and accept in lieu the values of modern society. The same will occur with Islam - it has already began and will continue to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Anonymous_Girl)
    You're mistaken. There are around 1.6 billion Muslims. If the 'majority' were terrorists
    I didn't say that. Re-read my post.

You really should check what you're saying before you post it.
    You really should check what I say before you reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maskofsanity)
    You have just perfectly exemplified the bigotry and refusal of freedom of speech that those criticising Islam have to struggle against. Nowhere in that quote of mine did I espouse hate speech. I critically examined the state of terrorism using Europol statistics and the Koran based on my (and others' study of it.

This is the power religion has today, courteousy of backwards ultra-liberalist ideals - if you criticise Islam you do so with hate speech and are racist and narrow-minded and unaccepting. Never mind the inequality of women and homosexuals and science at the hand of religion, never mind that almost half of terrorists arrested are religiously motivated, never mind that the highest terror threat is religion-based, never mind the long and painful history of religious oppression on liberal ideals - no, today to be liberal means to not question, and to accept all and sundry with no analysis of particulars and consequences. If we all had this mindset with Christianity, homosexuals would still be in prison, women would still be having back alley abortions, science would still be in the Dark Ages, and freedom of thought and speech would be at best Orwellian.

Speaking out against religion is indeed the quickest road to reformation and then extinction. We have seen this with Christianity which in the UK has been diluted to nothingness - to be a British Christian today is to disregard nearly the entire Bible and accept in lieu the values of modern society. The same will occur with Islam - it has already began and will continue to do so.
    sorry but I cant be asked to read all of that. Fair point though.

ReputationRep:
    Just because some people are violent in a religion doesn't mean all of them are.
    No one has said that.

I am tired of reading this exact line repeated over and over again, despite being completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Please quote the exact post which said that all Muslims are violent because of the fact that some of them are. Otherwise, admit to a poor apologist attempt of a strawman.

ReputationRep:
    sorry but I cant be asked to read all of that. Fair point though.
    Don't worry, reading is tough. Ignorance is much easier.

ReputationRep:
    Until religion (particularly Islam) has been reformed then eradicated, "acceptance" and "peace" are terms of fiction.
    It doesn't need to be reformed and there are religions and reasons of violence someone needs to open up there eyes...

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, reading is tough. Ignorance is much easier.
    Lol, okay sir. Well, I did end up reading it eventually, I just wanted to make the conversation a bit saucy by saying that.
    Have a good one.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say that. Re-read my post.

You really should check what I say before you reply.
    I'm pretty sure you said that. You see, the problem with people like you is that you refuse to believe you're wrong. I'm a muslim, does that mean I'm going to join ISIS? Does that mean I'm 'oppressed' because I'm a girl? Nope. It irks me so much when people start talking about bigotry and oppression and all that in the Quran, like they have actually read an Arabic Quran. Stick to Matthew and our Paul from down the street.

ReputationRep:
    No one has said that.

I am tired of reading this exact line repeated over and over again, despite being completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Please quote the exact post which said that all Muslims are violent because of the fact that some of them are. Otherwise, admit to a poor apologist attempt of a strawman.
    I didn't say you did, I just simply stated a simple fact. Not all Muslims are terrorists and our religion doesn't need reform, did Christianity need 'reform' when black people were getting lynched on the street? No, I don't think anyone talked about reform then. Isn't that funny?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say you did, I just simply stated a simple fact. Not all Muslims are terrorists and our religion doesn't need reform, did Christianity need 'reform' when black people were getting lynched on the street? No, I don't think anyone talked about reform then. Isn't that funny?
    Islam really does need a reform, It oppresses many different kinds of people including women and gay people. And yes Christianity did and has reformed and now is far more tolerant than Islam

ReputationRep:
    Because of religion, government, media etcetcetcccc

ReputationRep:
    sounds like a nice sentiment but if you stand for nothing you will fall for everything some people want to maintain our culture and history and way of life and if that means being against immigration Islam in the UK and treading on a few toes etc then so be it

Yeah , but I guess hate speech against islam wont abolish the religion will it?
    A good majority of terrorists seem to be muslim.

Don't confuse this with a majority of muslims being terrorists

What we need is an agreement.
    As much as we try, we can't have the whole world negotiating with each other until they have a common threat or interest (a common worldwide threat is usually proved to be the better of the two at uniting people). Maybe we can unite when we finally have a common threat.

We can see this occurring right now with global warming and terrorism, forcing cohesion. Terrorism is a loose cohesion between governments, while global warming is a strong one. Governments are still selfish though.

We need to unite...
    Unite against aliens...

Or just get some benevolent dictator to run things for us.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Alien dictator anybody?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student.feed)
    With racism, religious discrimination and people like BNP gaining popularity, can't we accept each other and live in peace?
    It's a nice idea.

Not sure about the BNP gaining popularity though?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...,_2015#Results

The age of the otter is nigh, puny humans.

ReputationRep:
    its because everyone is judgemental and insecure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    Christianity didn't need to' reform' when black people were getting lynched because Christian ideology doesn't order its followers to kill others, unlike Islam.
    Please, quote me a verse from the Quran, which I have finished that says those exact words, love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Islam really does need a reform, It oppresses many different kinds of people including women and gay people. And yes Christianity did and has reformed and now is far more tolerant than Islam
    It really doesn't. Just because a few do bad things with a religion doesn't mean the whole religion has to be reformed. And as I said to someone else before, how does it oppress women? I'm a Muslim woman, and I'm not oppressed. And, to be honest, society became more secular, so Christianity lost its influence, it never reformed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.