Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    Hmm i guess in your case it okay. But im not really the judge, And yes everyone gets anxiety and i dont see why that should lead ti extra time. Like i said, i was told by 2 school now, that extra time is a last resort, for people who would be affect by using a scribe and those who can't type well enough to use a laptop ( school over use it way too much, many teachers can't be asked to look over cases, which leads to more pople being given the option of extra time, the test tasker and speical needs overlookers,also over use extra time, even though its a last resort for the people that most need it. At the end of the day even for people with bad handwriting like myself what is extra even going to do/ why is it there, no one is going to write slower in an exam to make i easier to read, i know i wouldnt ). How does anxiety affect your writing so badly that you need extra time ? . though my view point in more on handwriting rather than anxiety. Also i dont see what gains there are for someone with anxiety to get extra time. personally as someone who refused it countless times, i think everyone should have a fair chance,.... if your anxiety is that bad, then well okay you should have it, but im most cases, anxiety isnt a good enough excuse, since anxiety occurs for everyone and anyone. In your case its a chemical imbalance rather than you just claiming anxiety,, so i guess extra time is okay, but i dont see how extra time is going to help....
    I can see your point - especially in my experience because I have friends who have cheated the system etc etc :/ I think my GP requested it more because of having severe panic attacks and uncontrollably crying, I get so worked up that I become quite sick etc and have been put on antipsychotics because it got so bad rather than handwriting per say, also I've spent the last year battling other mental illnesses which have affected cognitive ability - I guess I was more to do with that, and anxiety doesn't help it (kind of the icing on the cake) - sorry for coming off as blunt earlier, I'd just come home from the most horrendous exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08graya)
    I can see your point - especially in my experience because I have friends who have cheated the system etc etc :/ I think my GP requested it more because of having severe panic attacks and uncontrollably crying, I get so worked up that I become quite sick etc and have been put on antipsychotics because it got so bad rather than handwriting per say, also I've spent the last year battling other mental illnesses which have affected cognitive ability - I guess I was more to do with that, and anxiety doesn't help it (kind of the icing on the cake) - sorry for coming off as blunt earlier, I'd just come home from the most horrendous exam!
    nah its cool, I personally lack enough knowledge on mental health,but do understand its a serious problem, that begin underfunded and cut too much, then again we never treated ppl with mental health well enough in the UK.
    Also i dislike people claiming to have mental health issues to stand out, even though people with real mental health issues suppress it to pretend their normal . I personally think over time is given out too much and people claim to have mental health issue to get attention , not in your case though, Also mental health is hard to judge and really over
    diagnosed, such as ADHD. overall if you need it, cool, since i want you to have a fair chance, but i think way too many people, teacher ect over use what should and is meant to be a last resort.
    anyways good luck and all. At the end of the day you need it, and some sad soul over the internet is giving his opinion on it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.