The Student Room Group

So Stressed about OCR Computing, Please Help!!

Scroll to see replies

If the last question is anything like last year's, I'm ****ed :redface:

Spoiler

Original post by Someboady
Same here! Have you considered engineering? I'm stilll split between engineering and Computer Science tbh! Yeah like hell who needs to know about goddamn DATABASES.

Not really thought about engineering to be fair. God damned databases and networks!
I'm considering a course at Sheffield which is physics with computer science, rather than just comp science, so that seems quite cool (If I bloody pass either of them).
Original post by theBranicAc
was your couserwrok a controlled assesment?

Yeah, I think so. Doing little programming projects and then making reports on them.
Original post by hafsa473
How are you revising for AS computer science? Im doing my GCSE's but I'm also doing AS CS and I don't understand anything!! Do you have any advice? Thank you so much

For the more practical side with binary, karnaugh maps etc. just doing practice questions I find on the internet. For everything else I made notes based on the specification and I'm reading through them. I should probably do some practice papers too.
Original post by Divinchi
bro firstly, take a deep breath it may seem like a lot but it's mostly common sense and if you are into technology then it should be interesting to you:

I suggest binge watching his videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxSWH6hIO5k&list=PL04uZ7242_M5n3zzAhcX-eslHud2Lyycd

Do it at speed 2 atleast 2 times before exam day.
Watch the playlist twice and it'll guarantee the grade you want.

Those videos are good but wouldn't rely on them. For my mocks i just watched those videos and made notes, but i actually realised there is a lot the videos don't cover so watch them but don't just rely on them.
Reply 45
Original post by lucyg2000
Those videos are good but wouldn't rely on them. For my mocks i just watched those videos and made notes, but i actually realised there is a lot the videos don't cover so watch them but don't just rely on them.

Na he covers the whole spec but the mark scheme for OCR is so precise and sometimes they ask questions that are logical and not part of the spec (For instance that traffic light system one that was 6 marks can't remember the yr). The vids help a lot but looking at the mark scheme and memorising the small details will make a huge difference.
Original post by lucyg2000

No, everything he says is ON the specification and i have the official OCR computing Book for revision and everything said is ON the book FROM the spec.
I'm really stressed about this exam!! Does anyone have notes that could help me of some advice on what is predicted or to revise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Well I've been getting Us on the last couple of past papers I've done so you can't be that bad
Reply 49
Original post by Usmaan345
I'm really stressed about this exam!! Does anyone have notes that could help me of some advice on what is predicted or to revise

Posted from TSR Mobile

Print out the specification from the OCR website then go through it, that's what I pretty much do. Colour code each section so you know your weaknesses and strengths of each topic.
Original post by Adamtoo
Print out the specification from the OCR website then go through it, that's what I pretty much do. Colour code each section so you know your weaknesses and strengths of each topic.

Can you please show me the link for the specification

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by Usmaan345
Can you please show me the link for the specification

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/72936-specification.pdf
Original post by CompyNerd
Ah right, okay. You don't need to worry, especially with the coursework to boost your grade. Last year I didn't do as well as I should've in the exam, but I still managed an A overall! It will be alright, just go over your notes - read them aloud. I have the AS OCR Comp sci exam on monday, and that's what I'm doing to prepare. Also using the specification really helps.

Same, any predictions what may come up in the first one, any tips...
Original post by Mo De
i'm really stressed about the computing exam in less than a week's time! i've tried almost every way of revising but its just not going in. If anyone could help with anything, it would be amazing, thank you :smile:

Good luck for the exam!
Reply 54
Original post by SamSp123
Good luck for the exam!

Thank you :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending