Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    Seriously, be glad you didn't do it. History's torture.

Unless you're good at essay writing, I guess.
    (Original post by Kryptonian)
    I did it in year 9 then moved schools so could not do it
    (Original post by Guls)
    yeah so much better.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I got a F in history, ffg in the exams. still way better than a ugly U
    m8 seeing that F on results day turns your mood down,..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    Do you know your alphabet? If so then you should know where they both stand
    Name:  d4f907a4e6c643dd4a39f75e464ffe4160e2680c52363930ba83c4f11ff02227.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  65.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InternetForumE)
    Cool video, but I think the only answer they need to give at this point is:

'If you want a site that's well-moderated, make your own website. Whoever's paying the hosting costs for this site has the right to have it moderated however they wish'.

Yes, the moderation here has it's problems; but if you want better moderation so badly, just go make your own site and have your own moderation rules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    I love History it's my favourite subject and I am at an A* in it mainly because I like it. History is a lot of work, contains a lot of essay writing as well as a lot of memory work. If you put the effort into revising History it's all good but it's not a subject for a person who can't be bothered to put the work in. To be good at History good writing skills are vital as History is literally essay writing.
    Yep, I know. :lol: I take History, and I simply can't write essays, which is probably why I'm doing so badly in it.
    (Original post by longshot100)
    As much as I love History, I can't seem to get the darn exam technique, and that's what always faults me, and made me grow to hate the qualification, not the subject.
    I'd say it's more the thought of writing long chunks that gets to me (our school tricked us with exams that basically focused on knowledge in KS3..).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzyboy)
    Practically, anything below a C is basically worthless. No employer or university cares about any grades below a C.

So the moral is; work hard and try to get C+s in everything. (or Bs or As ideally. A lot of unis require B+ in Maths and English)
    I agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I know. :lol: I take History, and I simply can't write essays, which is probably why I'm doing so badly in it.

I'd say it's more the thought of writing long chunks that gets to me (our school tricked us with exams that basically focused on knowledge in KS3..).
    And the things they teach you in KS3 are about Mughal India and the british empire: topics which have no use to GCSE history, as GCSE is more politics and motives.

ReputationRep:
    We didn't have Fs :/

X for not completing the qualification
    U is ungraded (i.e. fail)
    E - A* are the grades

U was directly below E on the scale.

ReputationRep:
    And the things they teach you in KS3 are about Mughal India and the british empire: topics which have no use to GCSE history, as GCSE is more politics and motives.
    At least the topics were interesting! :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    At least the topics were interesting! :dontknow:
    That's the thing! It's genuinely interesting, but you have to know a lot about it though :argh:

ReputationRep:
    That's the thing! It's genuinely interesting, but you have to know a lot about it though :argh:
    I know.. Even on the source questions, they except us to know a bunch of facts and statistics. :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    I know.. Even on the source questions, they except us to know a bunch of facts and statistics. :grumble:
    I'm gonna just go and write a list of statistics now... That's the only way to please them. Even if they're slightly inaccurate, you'll probably be ok. Probably...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.