Big Four Applications 2017

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    In the same boat as u and yes waiting to receive tests .on there websites it says 5 that's why I was asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rd123456)
    In the same boat as u and yes waiting to receive tests .on there websites it says 5 that's why I was asking
    When did you submit your application ? I'm still waiting to receive tests as well (was really worried it was only me that hadn't got them lol)

ReputationRep:
    If you go on the part on the website where they talk about the assessments they only talk about the 4 that were given last year. What did you apply for?

(Original post by nick6565)
    When did you submit your application ? I'm still waiting to receive tests as well (was really worried it was only me that hadn't got them lol)
    My mate called them and they said they pre-screen your app to make sure that you're eligible for the role you applied for, then you'll get the tests. They also said it could take a couple of weeks because they've only just opened. What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    When you have the opportunity to attach files did you guys just attach your CV?

ReputationRep:
    Are EY applications open? I checked last week and couldnt find anything. I signed up to the mailing list or whatever it is, but haven't heard anything from them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_v)
    Are EY applications open? I checked last week and couldnt find anything. I signed up to the mailing list or whatever it is, but haven't heard anything from them.
    EY have been open for a few days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nick6565)
    When you have the opportunity to attach files did you guys just attach your CV?
    Didn't attach CV

ReputationRep:
    Didn't attach CV did they really say it would take a couple of weeks ? Seems quite a long time for the pre-screening stage can anyone tell me whtat the 5 tests are .I know there is business behaviours ,numerical and what's your mi ndset

ReputationRep:
    Didn't attach CV did they really say it would take a couple of weeks ? Seems quite a long time for the pre-screening stage can anyone tell me whtat the 5 tests are .I know there is business behaviours ,numerical and what's your mi ndset
    Hopefully we'll get the tests tomorrow. I call them tomorrow and ask about the 5 tests.

Maybe when they say 5 tests, they could also mean the 4 + social mobility questionnaire.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with any experience of BDO tests?*

ReputationRep:
    True if u do could u pls post on here

ReputationRep:
    yes. harder than all i've done. main difference I remember was that they didn't abbreviate say, 6 million to £6m like the others. it just said 6,000,000. i know it seems like a small thing but I wasn't prepared for that, got confused and started panicking when I had 50 zeros in front of my face.

also guys chill out. you'll receive the tests eventually. instead of worrying start practicing

ReputationRep:
    True if u do could u pls post on here
    EY told me the online stage is split into 2 stages:

Stage 1 - the 3 tests from last year
    Stage 2 (if u pass stage 1) - numerical and verbal tests.

So 5 tests, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the update much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got/had an interview for PwC?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey can u pls tell me whether the mock assessments and the actual are equally difficult or is the real one harder

ReputationRep:
    Have you received the EY tests yet?

ReputationRep:
    Don't think anyone has so far

ReputationRep:
    Hey can u pls tell me whether the mock assessments and the actual are equally difficult or is the real one harder
    For which firm?

The ones I did for PwC, the practice was a good representation of the actual tests. However, for KPMG, one of my practice questions was essentially 22-15. When I got to the actual test, it was far harder, with a lot more questions than I could possible hope to answer. The whole test went terribly. *

ReputationRep:
    Thanks ! was the logical similar to the real one in terms of difficulty also can u pls give me some advice on the work style personality questionairre as not looking forward to it

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.