Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

These Sony Super Bass things or Apple Earpods. But usually the Sony ones :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Birthday present from the sister. x

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waifuism)
    audio technica m50x, the most superior headphones known to man
    #M50xFTW

We are officially OP

ReputationRep:
    Sennheiser HD600s. Hoping that my dad gives me his pair of HD800s as an A-level completion gift

ReputationRep:
    hyperx cloud II

ReputationRep:
    I have Sennheiser HD 201 headphones which I use with my laptop. I was given them as a birthday present a few years ago, they seem to be pretty good quality (but I'm no headphone expert!)

ReputationRep:
    Limited Edition Beats Studio Wireless. Got it for my birthday, I think it's the best investment anyone can make.

ReputationRep:
    a pair of beats earphones for my phone
    and a skullcandy headset for my computer and a turtle beach pair for gaming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nidhoggr)
    Gonna let you in on a secret.

I have the SE215 (got them for £45). Before those I had the JVC HAFX1X which cost like a quarter of the price (£8-12). I heard literally no difference in sound quality between the two.

The only difference between is that the HAFX1X leak sound quite a bit, so you cant turn them up to max volume without everyone around you on the tube also getting an earful of death metal too (:lol:), but small price to pay for the c.£35 saving.

JVC's Xtreme Xplosives are a top quality range of earphones. Mid range & treble are decent, and the bass is quite literally some of the best bass you will ever hear in earphones. Which is phenomenal given they cost £10 on average.

Only problem I have is finding a pair of earphones where the cable lasts longer than 6 months (even the Se215 cable wore out in like 4 months. Now can only hear sound in one ear :/)
    Had them already imo they sound nothing alike imo the JVC's drown the music in bass the Shures just accentuate without drowning them, they're more nuanced. And the JVC's wire doesn't last for me lasted 6 months like yours, my Shures have lasted 2 years now, I'm finding them impossible to break :rofl: However I don't listen to Death Metal and certain genres did sound great on the JVC's nut the Shures sound great or at least very good on all

ReputationRep:
    senheiser in ear momentum 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETbuymilkandeggs)
    Sennheiser HD600s. Hoping that my dad gives me his pair of HD800s as an A-level completion gift
    HD800s? I really hope you have a nice amp to go with them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacarch12)
    Can you please post your headphone choice and what device you use it with and why you chose this particular headphone!

Thanks all!

For my headphones I use Sony MDR-XB950s with a VERY STRONG EQ on all of my devices, I use a Windows based workstation and a HTC One M9 : )
    The ones that come with the iPhone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klogg)
    HD800s? I really hope you have a nice amp to go with them
    Currently using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. I'll probably upgrade to something better if I end up getting the HD800s.

ReputationRep:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    The ones that come with the iPhone
    Just realised my mistake, I have heard the Apple ear buds aren't too bad considering they come with the phone.

ReputationRep:
    AKG K553 Pro.

Great for home use, but you can't use them out and about because of their open back design everyone will be able to hear what you are listening to. Also the 3m cable it the greatest thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    AKG K553 Pro.

Great for home use, but you can't use them out and about because of their open back design everyone will be able to hear what you are listening to. Also the 3m cable it the greatest thing ever.

I thought the 553s were closed back, did you mean the 702s?

ReputationRep:
    Beats Studio. Good sounds but the build quality is :thumbsdown:

ReputationRep:
    I have the Audio-Technica ATH-M50X. They have amazing sound quality although if i wear them too long my head starts hurting and I get that ear pressure you get if you wear headphones too long - its probably just that they're clamping my head too much and need a stretch out, I've heard putting them on a box can stretch them out a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacarch12)
    Can you please post your headphone choice and what device you use it with and why you chose this particular headphone!

Thanks all!

For my headphones I use Sony MDR-XB950s with a VERY STRONG EQ on all of my devices, I use a Windows based workstation and a HTC One M9 : )
    SkullCandy Uprock

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.