Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you convert to Islam for £1000 a day? watch

I'd do pretty much anything for £1000 a day

(Original post by loveleest)
    LOL I've never been in a relationship before, so of course I can, but for music? naaah it's actually part of my daily routine lool
    At a rate of £1 000 per day, though...

(Original post by Platopus)
    I'd do pretty much anything for £1000 a day
    Would you, if it were possible, give your Cambridge offer to a less qualified person for that kind of money?

ReputationRep:
    No can do I'm afraid.

I'm not sure what's better, getting pissed or eating a bacon sandwich when you're hungover.

ReputationRep:
    Who's offering?

I'm already muslim so....technically, I would have been a millionaire by now.

but seriously, as a muslim...you're not obliged to read the quran once a week. And secondly, someone needs to check whetherr or not you're abiding by the rules to get the money.

10000 pounds a day is easy. 'Belief' is simple. its actions that need to be verified.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    At a rate of £1 000 per day, though...
    I'd give it up for 2 months max lol.

ReputationRep:
    Only have to bend over 5 times a day for £1000?

Count me in.

ReputationRep:
    The big question is... which sect?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'd be a quranist, sure. I don't have to pray 5 times a day (only 3), no gender-segregated prayers, females imams, no circumcision - but I'd be a kafir by the eyes of many (if not most) Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Scorchy)
    Would you convert to Islam for £1000 a day?

You would have to pray 5 times a day and go to mosque (and study the Quran) once a week for the rest of your life, as well as not eat pork, drink alcohol and everything else.

If you leave Islam the contract ends and you can''t reconvert (and start earning the money again).

Would you convert to Islam for £1000 a day and if so, how many days would you be a Muslim for?
    Honestly, I'd rather die than convert to Islam, or any religion for that matter. I live only to study the quantum world because therein lie the answers and/or means of finding the answers to every question ever asked.

As a scientist and as someone who has had the honour of witnessing the unfathomable beauty of the quantum world, it would be an absolute disgrace if I were to abandon the principles of objectivity and empiricism for even a moment. Once you've caught a mere glimpse of the quantum world, nothing else matters to you anymore. It's like an all-consuming urge to learn more which can't be sated by anything. No amount of money or fame is enough to distract me from my goal of aquiring more knowledge.

Religion is a hindrance to progress and to the aquisition of knowledge and as such, it's unworthy of my time and attention. Frankly, it's worthy of noone's time and attention. People deserve better than to be hosts to parasitic ideologies, but if it makes you feel happy then I guess that's something.

Oh, and for those who're thinking, "but Peroxidation you're a Buddhist, you damn hypocrite," strictly speaking Buddhism isn't a religion. You don't need to believe in all that rebirth tosh to be a Buddhist, a Buddhist is simply a person who takes refuge in the triple gem.

ReputationRep:
    No. If I can't drink alcohol what am I going to spend all that money on .

(Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    No. If I can't drink alcohol what am I going to spend all that money on .
    Delayed gratification, grasshopper. You can splash out on alcohol once you've milked the offer for all its worth.

ReputationRep:

You would have to pray 5 times a day and go to mosque (and study the Quran) once a week for the rest of your life, as well as not eat pork, drink alcohol and everything else.

If you leave Islam the contract ends and you can''t reconvert (and start earning the money again).

Would you convert to Islam for £1000 a day and if so, how many days would you be a Muslim for?
    I would!.. its not haram to live out my days on a yacht is it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hevachan)
    Nope nope nope!! A white person going to a mosque and wearing a headscarf? As my friend who has converted told me, you won't be welcomed
    That's hardly ever true though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macsalaama)
    Please don't spout nonsense. I'm not sure what bizarre mosque your "friend" has been to but all the ones I've ever been to are pretty welcoming towards converts.
    Don't get me wrong here, I'm not a fan them at all either but racism is not the problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She's been to my local ones so if i converted I'd have to go to the same ones too! She said she got alot of unfriendliness

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather have several grand worth of credit card bills than be religious.

(No offence)

ReputationRep:

No.

ReputationRep:
    For £1000 a day?? mate I'd never look at a can of shandy again for £1000 a day. I wouldn't go within 400ft of a bacon buttie for the rest of ma days for £1000 a day. Ad wear a burqa in ma bed and move to mecca for £1000 a day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Delayed gratification, grasshopper. You can splash out on alcohol once you've milked the offer for all its worth.
    How long would I have to be good for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Honestly, I'd rather die than convert to Islam, or any religion for that matter. I live only to study the quantum world because therein lie the answers and/or means of finding the answers to every question ever asked.

As a scientist and as someone who has had the honour of witnessing the unfathomable beauty of the quantum world, it would be an absolute disgrace if I were to abandon the principles of objectivity and empiricism for even a moment. Once you've caught a mere glimpse of the quantum world, nothing else matters to you anymore. It's like an all-consuming urge to learn more which can't be sated by anything. No amount of money or fame is enough to distract me from my goal of aquiring more knowledge.

Religion is a hindrance to progress and to the aquisition of knowledge and as such, it's unworthy of my time and attention. Frankly, it's worthy of noone's time and attention. People deserve better than to be hosts to parasitic ideologies, but if it makes you feel happy then I guess that's something.

Oh, and for those who're thinking, "but Peroxidation you're a Buddhist, you damn hypocrite," strictly speaking Buddhism isn't a religion. You don't need to believe in all that rebirth tosh to be a Buddhist, a Buddhist is simply a person who takes refuge in the triple gem.
    Beautifully written

(Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    How long would I have to be good for?
    Depends on how big of a binge you want to be able to go on at the end of it. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'd fake it for long enough to pay for university and for a deposit on a house in a nice area.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.