Is my list of preferences a bit extreme Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    This isn't a build-a-girl workshop.
    PRSOM :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    Thats quite extreme!
    You cant control what others do.
    Youre gonna have to widen your search a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    every family has it's drama, why does that matter to you when it comes to the girl you want to be with? some people might never speak to their family

Because that creates issues and tension, and I cannot take on emotional baggage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    In terms of finding a partner I have done a list

No tattoos,no fake nails, no fake eyebrows, no piecing's,natural beauty, short shoulder length hair,no pets as I am not a cat or dog person,no dyed hair,no weaves or extension,doesn't really wear heels,wears modest clothing,educated,have hobbies, not be interested in celebrities,minimal make up,healthy teeth, she must have a good diet so no fatty foods,be loyal,she must be able to give me personal space, not be clingy in public,have life skills such as cooking,driving and hygiene,she must come from a good home, she must be motivated and have high standards, she must not swear or use foul words, must be polite when around company, not drink it do any drugs or dare smoke or vape, not overly be religious, well groomed, has to have a common interest
    'she must come from a good home' Are you looking for a girlfriend or a pet?

ReputationRep:
    I disagree, about being single, and i could find a good woman
    thats suits the majority of your needs? i doubt it
    plus i doubt shed go with someone as picky as you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayecrystalsmith)
    Personally, I think, if you do find a girl who meets your strict criteria, you still won't be happy with her. The person who wrote this list, seems to be very demanding and critical. Therefore, I can't help but feel that even if you do find this girl, you will still find something to critic about her, no matter what. Nobody can be your ideal or fit to your list, despite what you think, everybody has flaws.

Agreed as I am nit perfect, but I want to make sure that I avoid obvious flaws

ReputationRep:
    aw have fun being single your whole life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    thats suits the majority of your needs? i doubt it
    plus i doubt shed go with someone as picky as you

But I have so much to offer as a boyfriend, and it is only fair that I have such standards.
    For example if I were to have children, the mother if my children must fit those standards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shialabeouf)
    'she must come from a good home' Are you looking for a girlfriend or a pet?

I am looking fir a girlfriend
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Because that creates issues and tension, and I cannot take on emotional baggage.
    i dont think you'll find anybody that hasnt had some sort of issues with their family at some point, i'd probably meet the majority of that list but have "emotional baggage" from family so i dont think there's going to be many women out there that will have everything, you might have to learn to compromise somewhere:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
    It's ok to be fussy, but I strongly suggest not going through life looking for that 'perfect woman,' because it is highly unrealistic, and leaves many people feeling worse off than when they were single and uninterested in finding said person.

I agree as fitting my list does not make her perfect, but in terms of long term relationship my gf has to at least fit 70% of my list

ReputationRep:
    But I have so much to offer as a boyfriend, and it is only fair that I have such standards.
    For example if I were to have children, the mother if my children must fit those standards
    the women ur looking for doesnt exist, sorry

ReputationRep:
    I agree as fitting my list does not make her perfect, but in terms of long term relationship my gf has to at least fit 70% of my list
    I genuinely hope that you find her one day.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think you'll find anybody that hasnt had some sort of issues with their family at some point, i'd probably meet the majority of that list but have "emotional baggage" from family so i dont think there's going to be many women out there that will have everything, you might have to learn to compromise somewhere:P

Fair enough, but why are people act like it is hard to find a woman that meets my list?
    By 70% it is not hard to find such women

ReputationRep:
    No i think it's cute.. it's best to know what you want
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Fair enough, but why are people act like it is hard to find a woman that meets my list?
    By 70% it is not hard to find such women
    A teetotal, 100% healthy eating atheist who doesnt wear make up is probably not someone you'll come across often really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    the women ur looking for doesnt exist, sorry

Plenty of women who meet my list, sure you will not find many in London, but they're there if you look.
    I mean my father,grandfather and great grandfather had no trouble in finding wine and they had the same mindset as me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I fulfil most of that except what I've bolded :toofunny:
    Your TSR match. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    In terms of finding a partner I have done a list

No tattoos,no fake nails, no fake eyebrows, no piecing's,natural beauty, short shoulder length hair,no pets as I am not a cat or dog person,no dyed hair,no weaves or extension,doesn't really wear heels,wears modest clothing,educated,have hobbies, not be interested in celebrities,minimal make up,healthy teeth, she must have a good diet so no fatty foods,be loyal,she must be able to give me personal space, not be clingy in public,have life skills such as cooking,driving and hygiene,she must come from a good home, she must be motivated and have high standards, she must not swear or use foul words, must be polite when around company, not drink it do any drugs or dare smoke or vape, not overly be religious, well groomed, has to have a common interest
    yeah good luck with that

ReputationRep:
    A teetotal, 100% healthy eating atheist who doesnt wear make up is probably not someone you'll come across often really.

She does not have to be an atheist, and she can wear mild make up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.