Who's the music artist that you've liked for the longest?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunrose)
    Who is it? How long have you liked them? Why do you like them?
    Probably the weeknd or pvris, they are the only 2 artists whos albums i actually buy & i have loved them for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Craig David :love: bit odd liking his music as I'm into different sorts now but he had an amazing career and has an incredible voice.
    His song with Kaytranada is perfection

ReputationRep:
    Probably outkast, I've always been a fan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron Bernbaum)
    Probably outkast, I've always been a fan
    :cool:

You hear Andre's verse on the Frank Ocean album?

Solo album soon come.

ReputationRep:
    loved muse since i was 11 it has been almost 6 years

ReputationRep:
    Linkin Park - not as good as they used to be though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bowie or Duran Duran. My parents brought me up on 70s/80s music.

ReputationRep:
    I know that oasis was my first ever favourite band.. afterwards i enjoyed several other bands too ofc, and its been a time since i last played their song, but i dont think i'll ever stop liking them, despite changes in my musical taste

ReputationRep:
    I don't really listen to them much any more, but I've still got time for Mike and the Mechanics.

I was a massive fan of them twenty years ago.

ReputationRep:
    probably U2, I grew up listening to them since they're my parents' favourite band and I love them too... tastes have changed but can never resist the occasional Where the Streets Have No Name and the like

ReputationRep:
    the left banke

ReputationRep:
    Muse for just over 5 years

ReputationRep:
    Britney Spears, I know she's ain't that great at singing but I remember jamming out to the oops I did it again album. Lucky is still one of my favourite songs to this day <3.

Aah, so many people/groups I've never heard of before :moon:

If by "music artist" you mean someone who writes/wrote music, I'd probably say Mozart, I was listening to his work right from being a baby.

If you mean singer/band, probably Pink Floyd.

ReputationRep:
    The band I have been a big fan of the longest is probably Thy Art is Murder. Remember finding their first EP on some dodgy ass Russian site like 7 years a go and it was just awesome.

As for individual artists, I do try to keep an eye on what Tosin Abasi does, one of the best guitarists around today and always seems to come up with fun, interesting pieces of music.

ReputationRep:
    Franz Ferdinand for me. I remember when they released take me out and ever since then from 2004 I've always kept up to date with what they release.

ReputationRep:
    If we're talking one particular artist, it can only be Michael Jackson. Been listening to MJ since I was maybe 3 or 4 - I remember seeing imitations of his music videos on childrens' TV and this one programme called Pop Skool (check it out on YouTube). Bought my first "Best Of" album when I was about 9 or 10, watched all his music videos and been jamming to his tracks/learning his dance moves ever since. RIP MJ.

If we're talking genre, it's Hindi and Punjabi music. Been listening to both since childhood and I consider them part of my upbringing.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.