Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who's the music artist that you've liked for the longest? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunrose)
    Who is it? How long have you liked them? Why do you like them?
    Probably the weeknd or pvris, they are the only 2 artists whos albums i actually buy & i have loved them for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Craig David :love: bit odd liking his music as I'm into different sorts now but he had an amazing career and has an incredible voice.
    His song with Kaytranada is perfection

ReputationRep:
    Probably outkast, I've always been a fan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron Bernbaum)
    Probably outkast, I've always been a fan
    :cool:

You hear Andre's verse on the Frank Ocean album?

Solo album soon come.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    loved muse since i was 11 it has been almost 6 years

ReputationRep:
    Linkin Park - not as good as they used to be though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bowie or Duran Duran. My parents brought me up on 70s/80s music.

ReputationRep:
    I know that oasis was my first ever favourite band.. afterwards i enjoyed several other bands too ofc, and its been a time since i last played their song, but i dont think i'll ever stop liking them, despite changes in my musical taste
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I don't really listen to them much any more, but I've still got time for Mike and the Mechanics.

I was a massive fan of them twenty years ago.

ReputationRep:
    probably U2, I grew up listening to them since they're my parents' favourite band and I love them too... tastes have changed but can never resist the occasional Where the Streets Have No Name and the like

ReputationRep:
    the left banke

ReputationRep:
    Muse for just over 5 years
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Britney Spears, I know she's ain't that great at singing but I remember jamming out to the oops I did it again album. Lucky is still one of my favourite songs to this day <3.

Aah, so many people/groups I've never heard of before :moon:

If by "music artist" you mean someone who writes/wrote music, I'd probably say Mozart, I was listening to his work right from being a baby.

If you mean singer/band, probably Pink Floyd.

ReputationRep:
    The band I have been a big fan of the longest is probably Thy Art is Murder. Remember finding their first EP on some dodgy ass Russian site like 7 years a go and it was just awesome.

As for individual artists, I do try to keep an eye on what Tosin Abasi does, one of the best guitarists around today and always seems to come up with fun, interesting pieces of music.

ReputationRep:
    Franz Ferdinand for me. I remember when they released take me out and ever since then from 2004 I've always kept up to date with what they release.

ReputationRep:
    If we're talking one particular artist, it can only be Michael Jackson. Been listening to MJ since I was maybe 3 or 4 - I remember seeing imitations of his music videos on childrens' TV and this one programme called Pop Skool (check it out on YouTube). Bought my first "Best Of" album when I was about 9 or 10, watched all his music videos and been jamming to his tracks/learning his dance moves ever since. RIP MJ.

If we're talking genre, it's Hindi and Punjabi music. Been listening to both since childhood and I consider them part of my upbringing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.