Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Jamie Vardy to Arsenal??? Watch

• Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Basically got played by Vardy, he isn't joining. What an L. He should stay at Leicester and develop further there, if there is anymore developing to do at 29..

Least we're in the market for a striker.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    What a silly question. And you know that he won't how...?
    You're the one who claimed he'd take a year to settle in when there's no evidence to suggest so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    You're the one who claimed he'd take a year to settle in when there's no evidence to suggest so.
    There's no "evidence" to suggest otherwise either, because neither you nor I can time-travel. That's why it's called an opinion BTW, not a statement of fact. What is it with this forum.

ReputationRep:
    I hope he stays at Leicester for another season for their first Champions League adventure. Though I'd prefer him at Arsenal than at Manchester United or City, and I think he would fit in better with their style of play.

We need a centre back

ReputationRep:
    Disagree. Vardy wasn't bad at all in his first season in the Prem, he was largely used as a wide forward and got an England cap despite playing for a side that finished low mid-table.

That aside, Vardy has moulded his playing style so he can more or less maximise all his strengths and hide his weaknesses in the Prem, so he can more or less play the same way at Arsenal. It's also likely that whoever is more in form of either Ozil or Sanchez will be double marked, so he'll have even more space to stretch defences.

The other guy also said that Vardy would just magically lose his pace at 30, so somehow in the next six months he'll turn into Grant Holt.
    Well, he got one when the season had finished, off the back of that 9 game run they had, so he took 80% of a season to bed in rather than a whole season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    There's no "evidence" to suggest otherwise either, because neither you nor I can time-travel. That's why it's called an opinion BTW, not a statement of fact. What is it with this forum.
    You were claiming that his pace would somehow disappear in the next 6-12 months which was a silly claim that deserved to be derided.

"What is it with this forum"? If you make claims like it would definitely take a player a season to settle in, then you should back them up.

ReputationRep:
    You were claiming that his pace would somehow disappear in the next 6-12 months which was a silly claim that deserved to be derided.

"What is it with this forum"? If you make claims like it would take a player a season to settle in, then you should back them up.
    Rubbish. If I predict that England will win tonight, do I have to "back this up" with "evidence" too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    Rubbish. If I predict that England will win tonight, do I have to "back this up" with "evidence" too?
    You made a far-fetched claim, reasons help.

ReputationRep:
    You made a far-fetched claim, reasons help.
    So we've gone from "evidence" to "reasons", that's progress at least.

I think that Arsenal play differently from Leicester. That's my reason for thinking he will take time to settle in.
    Most players will start to lose pace after 30 (VO2 max starts to drop). That's my reason for thinking he will lose pace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Basically got played by Vardy, he isn't joining. What an L. He should stay at Leicester and develop further there, if there is anymore developing to do at 29..

Least we're in the market for a striker.
    we desperately need one lol, hopefully someone world class. Sigh. But you know how we are lol. Im thinking a new CB is equally important tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnus Taylor)
    We need a centre back
    I think were getting one (some guy called Rob Holding), but hes 18.. inexperieced, typical wenger.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm sick of his wife Rebekah being in and out of the press already.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.