Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being a former member of a political party causing trouble in my relationship Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Lmao according to your definition of bigot , we are all bigoted if we hate ISIS.

Imo if OP has woken up and no longer supports BNP he should be treated fairly by the parents , up to them tho
    I still hold the views but I am no longer a member of the party as I know the leader personally as he is from near Darlington which is where I'm from and think he's taking the party in the wrong direction.

(Original post by Lionel Hutzz)
    Not saying being gay is wrong necessarily but just it should be put back in the closet like it was pre 1990s
    But then we wouldn't have the fabulous Milo Yiannopoulos...

That I'm proud of my nation ? I want to preserve British culture ?
    Do you lie to yourself on a regular basis or do you just say this to other people even though you do know what sort of a person you actually are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rxns_00)
    Do you lie to yourself on a regular basis or do you just say this to other people even though you do know what sort of a person you actually are?
    Name a BNP policy (not something you've heard via the jewish left wing media) that you believe is wrong

ReputationRep:
    How did they even find out?
    Whats wrong with you having differing political views? Is this not a liberal democracy?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMxfAkxfQ0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BirdIsWord)
    How did they even find out?
    Whats wrong with you having differing political views? Is this not a liberal democracy?
    Someone who knows me mentioned it

ReputationRep:
    I seriously cant tell if Lionel is a troll account, I will happily be called a bigot if it means letting you know you are an absolute **** and her parents should hate you. You've openly admitted to being homophobic, you are (ideologically) basically still part of the BNP and assume anything left is Jewish or "a corbyn type", how does your brain work???? There is a reason you have been discriminated against in the work-place and in social situations, youre a 70 year old racist in (I assume) a young mans body. Disagreeing with someones views on a personal level and disagreeing with their views through obvious, universal ethical and moral guidelines are very different.

Roll safe

ReputationRep:
    Who do you support now? Is she an ethnic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Bangs-)
    I seriously cant tell if Lionel is a troll account, I will happily be called a bigot if it means letting you know you are an absolute **** and her parents should hate you. You've openly admitted to being homophobic, you are (ideologically) basically still part of the BNP and assume anything left is Jewish or "a corbyn type", how does your brain work???? There is a reason you have been discriminated against in the work-place and in social situations, youre a 70 year old racist in (I assume) a young mans body. Disagreeing with someones views on a personal level and disagreeing with their views through obvious, universal ethical and moral guidelines are very different.

Roll safe
    I'm not homophobic or a racist , wow how bigoted and uneducated are you if you can't even accept a different viewpoint to your own. I imagine you went to a poly haha.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not homophobic or a racist , wow how bigoted and uneducated are you if you can't even accept a different viewpoint to your own. I imagine you went to a poly haha.
    Not saying being gay is wrong necessarily but just it should be put back in the closet like it was pre 1990s

Fairly homophobic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)

Fairly homophobic
    So I don't hate gays I just don't like it being falsely promoted that being gay is normal

Name a BNP policy (not something you've heard via the jewish left wing media) that you believe is wrong
    Ahem let me clear my throat cause this is a fckn list honey

Shall we start with the policies on their website that they use "officially"??

Here's a juicy one
    "Reach an accord with the Muslim world whereby they will agree to take back their excess population which is currently colonising this country, in exchange for an ironclad guarantee that Britain will never again interfere in the political affairs of the Middle East or try to dictate to any Arab or Muslim country as to what their internal government form should be"
    "Muslim world" will agree to take back "their Muslims" colonising the country?? So ISIS can be free to roam the east, yay ok sounds great

"Leave the EU and take back control of our borders" I'm not going to even elaborate on this. You can see where my vote stands.

"Deport bogus asylum seekers" and by bogus you full well know it's basically everyone. They won't classify anyone as genuine knowing their head is stuck too far up their British ass to notice those people have just ran away from the house being bombed but ok

"Phase out GCSEs over a ten-year period" let's make the country full of btec standard children

"Introduce selection at age 14 in order to offer an academic route (similar to grammar schools) or a technical one with parity of esteem" you can't have ambition to improve and subsequently succeed at academics if at 14 you're put in the bricklayer group

"Restore authority to teachers and headteachers" let them spank children if needed, why not. How fckn dodgy jesus

"Reduce council tax by scrapping politically correct council functions and ‘diversity’ schemes" ah yes hail white British people only

"Restore Capital Punishment as an option for judges in extreme cases, such as child killers and terrorists" see where they said "terrorists"? Since its BNP, and for them terrorist is a synonym of Muslim, you just know, really, they mean "let's kill Muslim people legally"

"Put police back on the streets and remove their current political correctness shackles" aka shoot people of colour

I'm not going to continue as I'm already pissed off just reading through their bol*ocks

ReputationRep:
    So I don't hate gays I just don't like it being falsely promoted that being gay is normal
    That's all i need lel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rxns_00)
    Ahem let me clear my throat cause this is a fckn list honey

Shall we start with the policies on their website that they use "officially"??

Here's a juicy one
    "Reach an accord with the Muslim world whereby they will agree to take back their excess population which is currently colonising this country, in exchange for an ironclad guarantee that Britain will never again interfere in the political affairs of the Middle East or try to dictate to any Arab or Muslim country as to what their internal government form should be"
    "Muslim world" will agree to take back "their Muslims" colonising the country?? So ISIS can be free to roam the east, yay ok sounds great

"Leave the EU and take back control of our borders" I'm not going to even elaborate on this. You can see where my vote stands.

"Deport bogus asylum seekers" and by bogus you full well know it's basically everyone. They won't classify anyone as genuine knowing their head is stuck too far up their British ass to notice those people have just ran away from the house being bombed but ok

"Phase out GCSEs over a ten-year period" let's make the country full of btec standard children

"Introduce selection at age 14 in order to offer an academic route (similar to grammar schools) or a technical one with parity of esteem" you can't have ambition to improve and subsequently succeed at academics if at 14 you're put in the bricklayer group

"Restore authority to teachers and headteachers" let them spank children if needed, why not. How fckn dodgy jesus

"Reduce council tax by scrapping politically correct council functions and ‘diversity’ schemes" ah yes hail white British people only

"Restore Capital Punishment as an option for judges in extreme cases, such as child killers and terrorists" see where they said "terrorists"? Since its BNP, and for them terrorist is a synonym of Muslim, you just know, really, they mean "let's kill Muslim people legally"

"Put police back on the streets and remove their current political correctness shackles" aka shoot people of colour

I'm not going to continue as I'm already pissed off just reading through their bol*ocks
    All very good policies which are in no way bad in my opinion.

All very good policies which are in no way bad in my opinion.
    And that's exactly what says so much about you, and why quite frankly, if my daughter ended up with someone with such views, I'd also strongly encourage a break up too

ReputationRep:
    Being gay in my opinion is just a mental defect however it is not normal and same sex couples should be nowhere near a position of caring for or raising children.
    It doesn't bother me particularly just says a lot about them how uneducated they are to support left wing moronic views.
    Surely though if they already have abnormal and unnatural sexual attraction they are far more likely to be at risk of being potential paedophiles?

*Talks about how being gay is a mental defect*

*Proceeds to remark upon how GF's parents are uneducated.*

*Wants help on TSR on how to fix it*

Never mind. You can't be helped. There is no fixing this. It seems to me you're more backwards than your girlfriend's parents are.

Also, the accusations you've made about homosexuals somehow being less able to raise children is frankly ridiculous. Your sexual orientation doesn't affect your ability to nurture and love. And calling them paedophiles is a sweeping generalisation.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And considering I'm a Muslim, who's saying this... well, it pretty much shows how close-minded you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Findlay6)
    Was it BNP? EDL? or UKIP? cause that's understandable...
    UKIP are nothing like the BNP though. where do you get off making *that* baffling comparison?

ReputationRep:
    I was a BNP member under Griffin's reign yes.
    Are her family considered to be "foreign"? As in, not typical white British.

A lot of people hold the assumption that BNP is very racist when in fact it did have some alright policies. If they're not 'into' politics then will take on that assumption about you and just assume you're not a nice person for their daughter to be around.
    Explaining to them that you're no longer a member and that you're allowed to have alternate opinions to theirs is okay.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you need worry.

In time, once your mask slips, your GF will make her own natural selection regardless of her parents concern.

Problem solved!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.