Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    saudi have reported it, london confirmed

ReputationRep:
    Ramadhan Mubarak everyone💖💖💖💖

ReputationRep:
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeees even though I've still got 11 more exams to go

(Original post by Axel Johann)
    You are allowed to do that during Ramadan lol, it's just that it's not recommended.

Basically the logic is:

Ramadan gives you a score multiplier of 700, so instead of just listening to music, you should be reciting the Quran and doing other stuff.

But people who can't be bothered to explain the above just quickly say it's not allowed just to try and get their point across :rolleyes:
    Thanks! :yy:

ReputationRep:
    How are you lot gonna revise on empty? Im planning on all nighters, skipping taraweeh unfortunately...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687)
    saudi have reported it, london confirmed
    Source please.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    its tomorro

just been told now
    Hmm that is odd, it's Tuesday for me.

ReputationRep:
    Are you ready?
    I'm worried about fasting and revising, the exams should be fine. I know some people who aren't fasting because of revision, what is everyone else doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someboady)
    Source please.
    http://www.islamic-relief.org.uk/abo...dan-timetable/

and this is a legit site

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrFudgeTheGuy)
    I'm listening to "The Devil In I" by Slipknot.

Ezpz.
    Yay someone on here has good music taste!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Some people choose to follow Saudi and their pre-determined calendar instead of doing it the traditional way of actually sighting the moon. Hence most people start on Monday. We wait until after Maghrib for reports from other countries to see if they've sighting the moon. You can see the full reports here:

http://moonsighting.com/1437rmd.html

ReputationRep:
    double check tho, everyones saying its tomorro

ReputationRep:
    That's a nice website. Unfortunately again, it doesn't say that the moon has been sighted. It is impossible for Saudi to see the moon at this time. Thus Ramadan has yet to be confirmed for Monday. Not saying its not on Monday, but countries East of Saudi should see the moon first. Also by saying "this is a legit site" you're implying moonsighting.com is not a legit site. It is a legit site and it has moon sighting teams across the world searching for the moon. If anything isn't legit its Saudi Arabias calendar.

Sorry to be stupid but im genuinly curious,
    does it move about or something or is there a set day? im not muslim and i dont get out a lot i apologise but im genuinly interested
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Some people choose to follow Saudi and their pre-determined calendar instead of doing it the traditional way of actually sighting the moon. Hence most people start on Monday. We wait until after Maghrib for reports from other countries to see if they've sighting the moon. You can see the full reports here:

http://moonsighting.com/1437rmd.html
    Hmm okay, will do, I'm sure it is Tuesday though.

Odd, mine is confirmed for Tuesday atleast I think it is, haven't heard anything about tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    What day does it start for ahmadiyyas? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm okay, will do, I'm sure it is Tuesday though.

Odd, mine is confirmed for Tuesday.
    I'm confused as to how you can be "sure" and how it can be "confirmed" for Tuesday. Again, I'm not saying its not on Tuesday but it is FAR too early to "confirm" or be "sure" of anything.

That's a nice website. Unfortunately again, it doesn't say that the moon has been sighted. It is impossible for Saudi to see the moon at this time. Thus Ramadan has yet to be confirmed for Monday. Not saying its not on Monday, but countries East of Saudi should see the moon first. Also by saying "this is a legit site" you're implying moonsighting.com is not a legit site. It is a legit site and it has moon sighting teams across the world searching for the moon. If anything isn't legit its Saudi Arabias calendar.
    It does, if you scroll down to the first day of Ramadan and go to the June 6th Monday it says Saudi Arabia (officially announced) :dontknow:

Moon was confirmed as it was sighted in Saudia Arabia, UAE, Malaysia and Indonesia. And they showed pictures of the moon. But this is all from Takbeer TV.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I'm confused as to how you can be "sure" and how it can be "confirmed" for Tuesday. Again, I'm not saying its not on Tuesday but it is FAR too early to "confirm" or be "sure" of anything.
    I edited the post, but like I said, I haven't heard anything for Monday, as far as I know, it should begin on Tuesday/Wednesday at the latest.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.