Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbailey)
    I can't remember Balliol's stereotype, but I remember thinking it was quite different from St John's. Quite an unlikely pair... makes me wonder how they came to be sister colleges.

Then again, Balliol is a very impressive college by all accounts, so I'm not complaining.

Just wondering, what is the significance of sister colleges? Does it actually mean anything?
    Nah, from what I've heard the reps are quite similar especially if you ask someone from Trinity

I hope they don't mean anything, and I've no idea how they're worked out. We're sisters with Oriel :eek:

I can't see you as a commie either, Baz

ReputationRep:
    No one likes Oriel. Just ask my friend at Pembroke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I can't see you as a commie either, Baz
    I think I'd make a fine Soviet Party leader, I have all the credential that are needed; an upbringing disproportion to that of my peers, lack of anger control, and not fazed by the odd bit of corruption.

ReputationRep:
    You realise someone is actually going to kill you in King's if you talk like that.

ReputationRep:
    Pah! King's Prep Boy, it's just like going home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    Pah! King's Prep Boy, it's just like going home.
    Because the Chapel Choir's prep school is definitely an egalitarian social institution

ReputationRep:
    Because the Chapel Choir's prep school is definitely an egalitarian social institution
    If you're very lucky, you can carry around my top hat, dear.

ReputationRep:
    If you're very lucky, you can carry around my top hat, dear.
    Is that before or after one of your delightful little prep school chums has knocked it off your head?

ReputationRep:
    Is that before or after one of your delightful little prep school chums has knocked it off your head?
    Well, I haven't worn it since I was 13, it probable wouldn't fit. And you leave by prep school chums alone. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I haven't worn it since I was 13, it probable wouldn't fit. And you leave by prep school chums alone. :eek:
    Yeah, I suppose your head would be somewhat too big for it now

Oh come on, all little boys are horrible at that age! That lot are no different, just dressed up more. But I will be leaving them alone, have no fear.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I suppose your head would be somewhat too big for it now

Oh come on, all little boys are horrible at that age! That lot are no different, just dressed up more. But I will be leaving them alone, have no fear.
    You must of seen them walking across West Street then; wonderful little gentlemen, I did my work experience there in Upper Shell.

ReputationRep:
    You must of seen them walking across West Street then; wonderful little gentlemen, I did my work experience there in Upper Shell.
    I've been pushed past by legions of them crossing Queen's Road, mainly. Typical 10 year olds, just dressed up. Still horrible behaviour

ReputationRep:
    I've been pushed past by legions of them crossing Queen's Road, mainly. Typical 10 year olds, just dressed up. Still horrible behaviour
    :eek:

I was one of them 8 years ago! Less of of the "horrible" please, I was a model gentlemanly behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Dear, dear me. First, the pair of you complain that you are being lumped together. Then, you have an hour long conversation, by yourselves, deep into the night. Tsk tsk. Talk about love hate eh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    Dear, dear me. First, the pair of you complain that you are being lumped together. Then, you have an hour long conversation, by yourselves, deep into the night. Tsk tsk. Talk about love hate eh.
    Tis only the tip of the iceberg

I was one of them 8 years ago! Less of of the "horrible" please, I was a model gentlemanly behaviour.
    Yes, and I was a little pink pixie

Most of them are fairly horrible, and I'm sure you weren't much different. In fact, you're probably much the same now, just taller and with a less squeaky voice.

ReputationRep:
    Most of them are fairly horrible, and I'm sure you weren't much different. In fact, you're probably much the same now, just taller and with a less squeaky voice.
    What's wrong with you tonight? I don't act like a 10 years old! And not all of them are horrible, you get the odd bad apple; but generally they are fine chaps, with perfect manners and possessing all the qualities expected by Matron.

ReputationRep:
    I was about to suggest that you two reserve a thread for your bickering. But then I realised this was it.

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with you tonight? I don't act like a 10 years old! And not all of them are horrible, you get the odd bad apple; but generally they are fine chaps, with perfect manners and possessing all the qualities expected by Matron.
    No, you don't. But your manners to ladies haven't 100% improved

I just don't like 10 year old boys. They annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbailey)
    I was about to suggest that you two reserve a thread for your bickering. But then I realised this was it.
    One might be tempted to say they're like a married couple...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    One might be tempted to say they're like a married couple...
    I think they need therapy. Is anyone on UKL a qualified marriage counsellor?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.