Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    I'm 5ft 11 (179cm) a lot of people say tall girls are cool others prefer short girls. Which do you prefer and why?
    What is your ideal height? and why?
    https://twitter.com/yungzakis/status/481536761852878848

#NeverForget

Oh and my answer is as long as they're shorter than me it's fine. And I'm Just above 6ft.

ReputationRep:
    Tall girls are amazing, although I'm 6ft 2 ._. so pretty hard to come by them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayestar)
    I'm a girl
    Then no, youre average

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulletzone)
    Tall girls are amazing, although I'm 6ft 2 ._. so pretty hard to come by them
    That is true for tall guys :laugh:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obnox)
    That is true for tall guys :laugh:.
    The sad thing is I'm still growing :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Well to me the girls i've dated have been smaller all the time mainly cos i'm 6"2 but i don't really care about height really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulletzone)
    The sad thing is I'm still growing :afraid:
    Same but I hope im not gonna be like freakishly tall tho like 6'6.

I'm 5ft 11 (179cm) a lot of people say tall girls are cool others prefer short girls. Which do you prefer and why?
    Height has lots of advantages. It is associated with intelligence, education, and (IIRC) inversely with mortality.

No offense to any short people, but I don't know why anyone would find height unattractive in a girl (unless she was taller than them, of course)

ReputationRep:
    I dig tall girls but that's slightly tall for maybe if I grow 2-3 inches and become 6ft4/6ft5 maybe than. I prefer 5ft6+. Anything below is like a kid for me. I like averagely tall women. Between 5ft7 and 5ft10

(Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Height has lots of advantages. It is associated with intelligence, education, and (IIRC) inversely with mortality.
    I bet you're only saying that because you're tall

ReputationRep:
    Haha I'm 6 foot 10 and can't find anyone my height

(Original post by Serine Soul)
    I bet you're only saying that because you're tall

It is true from all the studies I have skimmed through looked at (although naturally you have to correct for gender, race and other things).

But look at it this way: if height is strongly correlated to loads of good things, then wouldn't it look worse on me if I were tall, but also really stupid and morbidly obese, for example?

ReputationRep:

No offense to any short people, but I don't know why anyone would find height unattractive in a girl (unless she was taller than them, of course)
    :rofl: :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I prefer shorter girls, like 5" to 5"3. Or as long as they're below 5"6. (Because I'm a manlet :emo:)

ReputationRep:
    I am very short, so it is nearly irrelevant whether or not I like a tall girl in general
    But a little bit taller than me, I tend to still feel attraction, get nothing past a certain point though

(Original post by eden3)
    :rofl: [s]lol[s]
    Those correlations are well established facts - there has been a lot of research into it. Not that it is necessarily caused by the height - "correlation does not imply causation".

Here's an accessible source for you - I don't generally like posting links to dubious pop-science sites like IFLS, but I doubt you'll be interested in psychology journals

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and...en-come-short/

ReputationRep:

I'd've thought the notion "correlation does not equal causation" would have sunk in for everyone the amount of times it is said. I'm pretty sure I've heard the opposite with regards to mortality, a quick google yields a couple of articles on it e.g. http://www.slate.com/articles/health...s_to_your.html (this also addresses the misconceptions that height somehow makes you smart or educated)

edit: Ah to be fair you just addressed that

ReputationRep:
    5'2" - 5'3" over here
    :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6ft 2 and prefer tall but very skinny girls . Never been into this whole big booty curvy girls shite !

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5"7 and I've always thought that height was really tall (from my viewpoint)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.