Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    As long as you don't have the intrinsic need to tell every person you're a vegan.
    I get told that vegans tell everyone they're vegan much more than vegans tell me they're vegan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    I get told that vegans tell everyone they're vegan much more than vegans tell me they're vegan.
    I personally don't know any vegans but I'm just following along with the joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    Going vegan is like willingly neutering yourself. Have a steak everyday instead, and some fried eggs.

Edit: Just saw you are vegetarian. Well nothing beats a daily steak. You can still have fried eggs.
    If you had a steak every day you are slowly killing yourself. Yum all that heart disease, cancer and diabetes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Omnivore= Top tier

Vegitatian= Yeah fine not crazy at all

Vegan= Crazy.

Stick to being a veggie, but going vegan for a day or two to see is ok, just don't do the vegan shoes vegan clothes stuff
    Whats crazy is that 56 billion farm animals are killed each year for humans to eat, even though its not necessary at all. Whats crazy is the abuse, torture, rape and slaughter these animals experience for no reason other then it 'tastes nice'. Please educate yourself on veganism before you make dumb comments.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore all the up their own ass puritan meat eaters.

ReputationRep:
    Humans have sharp teeth for a reason... Veganism is for deer and cows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idontknowmedoyou)
    Whats crazy is that 56 billion farm animals are killed each year for humans to eat, even though its not necessary at all. Whats crazy is the abuse, torture, rape
    I'm sorry where does the rape come from?

ReputationRep:
    Lifes too short to restrict your diet for no actual reason whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    If you had a steak every day you are slowly killing yourself. Yum all that heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
    Strange, I feel fitter and stronger day by day, so much for your cancer and diabetes trash. Think I'll stick with the steaks, eggs, veg and fruit, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    I'm sorry where does the rape come from?
    Rape rack is the industry term, or nickname for, the device used to artificially inseminate female cows so that they become pregnant and can eventually produce milk for human consumption. Its horrible and painful for the cows but thats how we get milk quicker. This happens to female cows over and over until they are to weak to have a baby and then are sent to the slaughter house. It would take to long for them to wait for a male cow to naturally impregnate a female cow, and also there usually are no male cows because they get killed as babies and are sent to the slaughter house for veal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    Strange, I feel fitter and stronger day by day, so much for your cancer and diabetes trash. Think I'll stick with the steaks, eggs, veg and fruit, thanks.
    Do your research. I can't believe people don't know how bad the things they are eating are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyle1198)
    Lifes too short to restrict your diet for no actual reason whatsoever.
    What about the 56 billion animals that are killed every year? How isn't that a reason?

ReputationRep:
    Do your research. I can't believe people don't know how bad the things they are eating are.
    I've already done my research, but thanks anyway for your useless advice. Steak, eggs, veg and fruit, for life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    So I'm a vegetarian and I've been really interested in veganism. After my final exam next week I'm going to try going vegan but I'm nervous I'm going to have a mental breakdown because I love cake from Tescos way too much and I won't be able to have it. And since it's my birthday the week after, I'm a bit nervous because my parents will most probably get non vegan food.

So because I'm starting out I'm considering going vegan only on the weekends and then building my way up. So if there are any vegans are there, any helpful advice?

NOTE- I'M ONLY DOING THIS FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME. IT'S NOT A LONG TERM THING.
    It's really not that bad if you're already a vegetarian unless you're really fond of milk or cheese. You're allowed pasta, rice, thai curries, indian veg curries. Just have to avoid butter and other dairy products..plenty of vegan alternatives including ready meals at Tesco . Coconut butter, cheese alternatives, tofu etc if you fancy cooking your own.
    I'm sure as a vegetarian you already know how to make the best of vegetable proteins. Good luck! I hope you succeed where I failed.

ReputationRep:
    What about the 56 billion animals that are killed every year? How isn't that a reason?
    Does there need to be a reason? I mean we are here for pleasure and to live our lives and steak is great a good veal is amazing, Going vegan I mean My friend has a chicken and we get eggs, chicken is kept nice how is that bad, lets free the chicken so it can what? get run over

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at freelee the banana girl on YouTube. She's certainly abrasive at first, but if you can see through that, she has a lot of information on veganisms. She's the reason I'm considering going vegan.

How come you're only considering temporary and not long term?

ReputationRep:
    Does there need to be a reason? I mean we are here for pleasure and to live our lives and steak is great a good veal is amazing, Going vegan I mean My friend has a chicken and we get eggs, chicken is kept nice how is that bad, lets free the chicken so it can what? get run over
    Wow one chicken you know is happy, no need for veganism then? I know you won't but I recommend you do research about veganism because you'll find out how bad it is for the animals, humans, the planet, etc.

ReputationRep:
    boo hoo, what about the animals THEY kill to eat?
    Also, OP has said she wants to do it for the sake of doing it, not cos she cares about animal rights

ReputationRep:
    That reminds me, I need to buy some veal. Bet it tastes even better than lamb.

But you know whats even better than that? Skinning and cooking meat from your own hunt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    Humans have sharp teeth for a reason... Veganism is for deer and cows
    Name:  canine vs human.png
Views: 104
Size:  214.8 KB Oh yes such sharp teeth? try harder, your argument failed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.