Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    ok who thinks im mean????
    I doubt most people know you well enough to answer that.

Why should you care what people on a internet forum think of you anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    I don't know much about goth culture, so I couldn't say. It's the people who know less than me then claim to be a goth because they wear boots that weigh 12 tonnes each and too much eyeliner that bother me. I'm not slating people who wear those, just people who are far too image conscious about it all.
    owow iseee
    only because i like heavy metal and i got black nails, people say i change :rolleyes: arrh god they dont really know me

ReputationRep:
    I doubt most people know you well enough to answer that.

Why should you care what people on a internet forum think of you anyway?
    i wouldve thought iwas prettywell known??? arent i? god im a loser arent i

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    i wouldve thought iwas prettywell known??? arent i? god im a loser arent i
    off the topic but how did you save KOHs life?

ReputationRep:
    Even if you were the most well known member, the population of UK-L still wouldn't know you well enough to judge. That's even if you forget that we're all different online, even if it's unintentional.

If people end up part of the forum 'clique' (on any forum), then fair enough. I don't understand why people aspire to it though. No point working to impress people you'll probably never meet.

ReputationRep:
    For some reason people think im a goth. I wear black all the time, only because its my favourite colour, and most of my clothes happen to be black. I also occasionaly wear pink and purple. I colour my nails in black, used to have red hair now its black. I listen to death and black metal, although i also like punk, indie, rock etc. I once took one of those tests and came out being a 'rock chick' not a goth. I wear dark eyeliner, only cozz i like it and im massive on being an individual. I dont consider myself a goth, although i used to be, but everyone i know still does for some reason.

Oh and i forgot to mention im a Camden Girl!

ReputationRep:
    Even if you were the most well known member, the population of UK-L still wouldn't know you well enough to judge. That's even if you forget that we're all different online, even if it's unintentional.

If people end up part of the forum 'clique' (on any forum), then fair enough. I don't understand why people aspire to it though. No point working to impress people you'll probably never meet.
    ture
    TK is very well known person but i still find someone don't know who she is

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and as for people who spend their whole life shouting from the rooftops about how individual and alternative they are... Really, someone should smack some sense into them. Give up; people's judgements about you only have any effect when you give a ****. By claiming to be so individual, the things you do that aren't quite so individual stand out a mile.

Besides, most of these people are laughably crowd following.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah and i no longer have pale skin...i got myself a tan recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    For some reason people think im a goth. I wear black all the time, only because its my favourite colour, and most of my clothes happen to be black. I also occasionaly wear pink and purple. I colour my nails in black, used to have red hair now its black. I listen to death and black metal, although i also like punk, indie, rock etc. I once took one of those tests and came out being a 'rock chick' not a goth. I wear dark eyeliner, only cozz i like it and im massive on being an individual. I dont consider myself a goth, although i used to be, but everyone i know still does for some reason.

Oh and i forgot to mention im a Camden Girl!
    me toooooooooo
    i love camden, everything is so cheap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    ture
    TK is very well known person but i still find someone don't know who she is
    Yeah, but what I'm saying is even if everyone knew who this trigger person (boy? girl?) is, they don't know enough about him/her to judge, as they haven't met him/her.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, I loathe Camden. Yeah, there are some cheap clothes, but the stallholders are mostly gits. Plus you get what you pay for. It all falls apart after one wash. And again it's the 'alternative' status symbol. You can get a fair amount of the stuff in Camden at other places, so why bother traipsing all the way up there when there's a shop in the next town? Unless you live in Camden, obviously...

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and as for people who spend their whole life shouting from the rooftops about how individual and alternative they are... Really, someone should smack some sense into them. Give up; people's judgements about you only have any effect when you give a ****. By claiming to be so individual, the things you do that aren't quite so individual stand out a mile.

Besides, most of these people are laughably crowd following.
    people these day are scared of criticism and that why they are wearing those cloth everyone is wearing and doing thing that everyone is doing.

Proper goths are very rare, if we have on here at UKL i'd be suprised, a goth doesn't necessarily create a dark and melancholy atmosphere, they're allowed to be friendly and everything. I don't know crap all about you so i can't say if you're for real or just want to be one, i can clarify that it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but what I'm saying is even if everyone knew who this trigger person (boy? girl?) is, they don't know enough about him/her to judge, as they haven't met him/her.
    yeah people also can create a false imagine of themself (not saying that trigger is doing that) lots people on the net is a completely different person from the reality

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, I loathe Camden. Yeah, there are some cheap clothes, but the stallholders are mostly gits. Plus you get what you pay for. It all falls apart after one wash. And again it's the 'alternative' status symbol. You can get a fair amount of the stuff in Camden at other places, so why bother traipsing all the way up there when there's a shop in the next town? Unless you live in Camden, obviously...
    yeah it take me ages to get there
    but it is a nice place to be

ReputationRep:
    people these day are scared of criticism and that why they are wearing those cloth everyone is wearing and doing thing that everyone is doing.
    Behind the veil of "I'm such an individual", or do you mean people buying into mainstream fashions? Though what most people interpret as 'goth' is pretty mainstream...

ReputationRep:
    yeah it take me ages to get there
    but it is a nice place to be
    I don't find it that nice in the daytime. Fourteen year old girls running around creaming their knickers over the trillionth pair of stripey socks they just bought. Nice cafes and music venues though.

ReputationRep:
    Behind the veil of "I'm such an individual", or do you mean people buying into mainstream fashions? Though what most people interpret as 'goth' is pretty mainstream...
    i mean those people who buying thing that everyone have e.g thoes quarter length jeans (almost everyone is wearing it, yesterday i went to Oxford Street, almost 85% of people is wearing it)

ReputationRep:
    But everyone at Camden Market wears the same.
    Besides, it's summer, do you expect people to wear heavy full length jeans all the time?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.