Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would you get for question 1 if you mainly picked out relevant quotes and wrote something like from this article I understand that "too many seaside towns suffer from deprivation,seasonality and an ageing population" . I also understand ..and did this several times with a few interpretations and embedded quotes 8 times , each sentence being a new point

ReputationRep:
    What mark would you need for an A or A*??

ReputationRep:
    Hey i am new to this forum and i was just wondering what I need to get a b if my coursework was 69-80

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legend.786)
    Hey i am new to this forum and i was just wondering what I need to get a b if my coursework was 69-80

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A 69 is a high A! You probably can do with a low B to get the B you want!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace143)
    sorry for replying so late. Mountain climbing is a great one! Mine was very cliché; I wrote about parachuting out of a helicopter!
    Haha same, talked about skydiving and how it lead to me to being more brave and able to stand up to my other fears.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revision120)
    What mark would you need for an A or A*??
    last year it was 57 for an A*, 51 for an A

ReputationRep:
    Hi , I'm doing AQA GCSE English .
    Say if I get D in exam and B on coursework, what will I get overall ? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly20160607)
    Hi , I'm doing AQA GCSE English .
    Say if I get D in exam and B on coursework, what will I get overall ? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably a C.

ReputationRep:
    Wait was source 3 about the boat sinking?

ReputationRep:
    did you have to write a letter in q5

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wyldermax)
    How did you get that number? my CA was out of 30?
    out of 80 to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshuaE)
    This isn't correct. An examiner will care far more about the quality of your analysis as opposed to your quantity.

5 detailed points for question 3.... when we have 12 minutes to write?
    4 points is sufficent if inferences are made

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please tell me what I would need for an A if I got 73/80 in the coursework.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for telling me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    sorry for replying so late. Mountain climbing is a great one! Mine was very cliché; I wrote about parachuting out of a helicopter!
    Thanks x urs is unique never heard anyone write about parachuting out of a helicopter in the exam so ur on the right track

ReputationRep:
    Thanks x urs is unique never heard anyone write about parachuting out of a helicopter in the exam so ur on the right track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legend.786)
    If i got. 70-80 in my ca what do i need for a b

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 72 in my ca. This equivalates to 110 UMS. This means to get a B I need 100 UMS in the exam. I am only aiming for a C and need 70, which is around 31 marks. So I am guessing that for a B I need around 40. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunny1610)
    Could someone please tell me what I would need for an A if I got 73/80 in the coursework.
    About 48 I was told, and I have 72 in my ca. I have definitely not got anywhere near that though.

ReputationRep:
    If 40 marks are needed to get a C in the higher tier exam then I think I might have just scraped a C grade. I judged myself harshly and got around 42 marks.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.