Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Window 10 will force me to download in less than 8 hours Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ordo)
    Please how can I resolve this problem? Thanks.
    unfortunately, win10 is essentially malware and will try to force its way into whatever you do on your PC
    the only way to fix this is to reinstall the OS of your choice, if you cannot do this then i am not sure how i can help you any further
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Alexion)
    for the future!
    Here here! In the mean time, it can't even solve the problem to your avatar not showing up.

ReputationRep:
    Turn it on flight mode and unplug the ethernet. Problem solved temporarily. You should be able to cancel the update then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Impossible. Not saying you're lying but def saying they might be lying lol Screen shot it, let me run ya through
    indeed, it is not impossible as windows 10 can now force updates and upgrades regardless of what the end user chooses

ReputationRep:
    I hate windows 10, I have it on my pc
    my laptop isnt forcing me to upgrade though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    :console:

:arsenal:
    Really want AVFC back in prem next season
    Fan of Henry then? lol And do you? Why, to try n beat us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waifuism)
    indeed, it is not impossible as windows 10 can now force updates and upgrades regardless of what the end user chooses

There's def a way to stop it, I keep doing it. In fact I think it's given up on me, I haven't seen it in a while. Maybe because I postponed the date till a week from the attempted date. I also keep rebooting my pc so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    You two are both deranged.

Windows 7 or nothing.
    Heh? Windows plebs.

Linux ftw.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if anyone's commented this, but try everything here:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/228551/how-...automatically/

ReputationRep:
    Fan of Henry then? lol And do you? Why, to try n beat us?
    :yep: the glory days :love: henry and Berkamp
    Yes i do.if i recall correctly it was 4-0 last game of the season (Giroud Hatrick) you know your team is crap is Giroud scores a hatrick :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Heh? Windows plebs.

Linux ftw.
    Daul boot Windows/Linux ftw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    Daul boot Windows/Linux ftw.
    Can't disagree with that.

ReputationRep:
    10 is much better than 8.

ReputationRep:
    I also keep rebooting my pc so...
    if by rebooting you mean completely reinstalling your OS then yes, the update that adds GWX.exe (the annoying little nagware program that constantly asks you to update to win10) will no longer be installed, as the free upgrade to windows 10 no longer applies to newer installs of older Windows OS'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Heh? Windows plebs.

Linux ftw.
    whats your distro? i'm using arch linux atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ordo)
    Annoying notifications kept coming up and I rejected them so many times. Then it said it will download in 8 hours in automatic update. I did change the update setting, but window 10 time are still counting down. I panicked and I don't know what to do.

I have tried on the computer with Windows 10 at school - I don't like it because it's just new animations and sometimes it is slow for me. I prefer window 8 - for me it is a simple design and I don't often use the boxy things. I don't play games on my laptop and I only used for working. I'm scared if they changed things like my documents.

Please how can I resolve this problem? Thanks.

P.S.
    Sorry for bad English
    It's not so bad. I was the same as you once but now I realise that Windows 10 is really for my own good. We are all better off with Windows 10. Windows 10 is faster. Windows 10 is safer. Windows 10 is truth. Join us, and come alive, and feel Windows 10 come alive in you. One day, all will return to Windows 10, from whence indeed everything came.*

*Well, from Windows 95. But let me tell you a secret:

9+5 = 14, 1+4 = 5.
    9+5+14+5 = 32. 3+2 = 5.
    5+5 = 10.

Doesn't the universe make much more sense now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Copperknickers)
    It's not so bad. I was the same as you once but now I realise that Windows 10 is really for my own good. We are all better off with Windows 10. Windows 10 is faster. Windows 10 is safer. Windows 10 is truth. Join us, and come alive, and feel Windows 10 come alive in you. One day, all will return to Windows 10, from whence indeed everything came.*

*Well, from Windows 95. But let me tell you a secret:

9+5 = 14, 1+4 = 5.
    9+5+14+5 = 32. 3+2 = 5.
    5+5 = 10.

Doesn't the universe make much more sense now?
    bruh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Ok fair enough
    Man city fans exist :erm: :toofunny:

But i will :unimpressed:
    :hand:
    Android 6.0.1 :love:
    Except for you, no one will know :innocent:
    Haven't used that so can't comment (I'm rooted so I can't update).
    But android Honeycomb FTW!! :jive:
    I like how we've gone from windows to ios to android haha!

ReputationRep:
    Lol cucked. Windows 8.1 master race

ReputationRep:
    I've had some issues with Windows 10 but nowhere near as many as I had with 8. 8 really wasn't remotely good. 8.1 was bearable. I can't really remember Windows 7 having problems; it did its job well enough & I don't recall any major issues with it.

I know use 10 & I haven't looked back. It's now very stable & the file structures, start menu etc are all straight forward enough.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.